Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 06:02 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in L.A. View Post
From your response it's obvious you've never partaken in a peaceful demonstration or you're watching to much Fox News.

So you consider burning cars and looting businesses "peaceful demonstration"? Those pictures came from MSNBC.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:23 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
Anarchist Kid Uses Fox News to Send President Trump a Short Message | GQ

Yep, our country is in great hands. This kid is about 12 years old out trying to burn the country down no doubt under the helpful supervision of his parents. For those of you that don't want to watch the video here is all you need:

"My name is Carter and I kind of started this fire," he says with a wide grin. When asked why he started the fire, he tells the reporter bluntly, "Because I wanted to and because, I'm just saying, screw our President,"

If that doesn't sum up the this entire generation of youth then I don't know what does...."because I wanted to"

Old 01-20-2017, 06:30 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
Rained hard all day here until 2:30 just poured at times. Any LA idiot protesters would be soaked. I haven't seen any LA protesters on TV news.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:32 PM

216 posts, read 200,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
If that's what you believe then you aren't paying attention. Protests are about anarchy and violence and trying to undermine our society. This is not the civil rights marches of the 60's. These are anarchists/terrorists who show up at every "protest" to do damage to people and property. The same groups show up at every opportunity for chaos regardless of what the so called cause is that is being protested
I am aware of the anarchist. They tend to infiltrate every peaceful protest in Portland and Oakland, and take advantage of the moment to cause chaos and destruction. Although they're a small minority, they're impact isn't. It's unfortunate because most people show up to these protests marches wanting to express themselves in a peaceful manner.

A few years ago, during the Occupy LA movement, which last several months on the Lawns surrounding LA City Hall, LAPD was able to close down the encampment of several hundred protesters, in a very peaceful manner. They did so by using a brilliant strategy of blockading all the streets leading to the encampment and only allowing people to leave, but not enter. This went on for a few days. During this period they were able to identify several known anarchist within the encampment. On the day of the raid they targeted these individuals and arrested them immediately upon entering the encampment. After removing these individuals the raid progressed smoothly and without much incident.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:23 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Nobody cares about your opinion. It isn't even worth printing out for the express purpose of urinating on it.

They're American citizens, they have the exact same rights you do, and the term you use is derogatory. Period.

Nobody cares about your opinion. It isn't even worth printing out for the express purpose of urinating on it.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodUsernamesWereTaken View Post
So because my parents were illegal and criminals, I should also be illegal?

An interesting take, and one I actually agree with. Considering the fact that unfortunately for you, I am a citizen, and on top of that a decorated war veteran, I love that this makes you squeamish, I hope I run into more people like you so I can get under their skin. It's extremely amusing to get under people's skin as a veteran, and as a minority, it will be even more entertaining to do this with a new level of antagonization I have just discovered, the ability to also throw it in their face that I was one generation from actually being illegal, and there's nothing they/you can do about it!

So if your Parents robbed a Bank, you have the right to benefit from the Money they stole? Interesting concept. Of course your not alone and there are many like you out there, but it doesn't affect me one way or the other, as your presence doesn't either, but I can think what I want, petition to stop "Anchor Babies" and there is nothing you can do about it.

If you served, and got Citizenship legally, that's entirely a different Matter. I was not Born here, and got my Citizenship the Legal way, which is the only way that should be tolerated.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in L.A. View Post
WOW....such ignorance.

How about that? That's the same thing I said when I saw your posts, especially the one about being "Afraid." What is there to be Afraid of, if you aren't a Homegrown Terrorist pretending to be a Protester.

If your really afraid, get a Diaper Pin, it seems to work for others. Just sayin...

Old 01-20-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
In summary:

1) We have a bunch of euphemistic responses referring to "looters" and the like instead of saying blacks or hispanics like they mean. Lovely.

2) We have a bunch of responses questioning why American citizens are exercising their right to civil protest, regardless of the issue. Beautiful.

3) We have a bunch of responses insulting the mayor of a city for not denying American citizens their constitutionally guaranteed rights. Fantastic.

A red letter day for the Democracy.

No worry, you will have a lot more of that, now that Trump is in office, because his supporters, like me, will make sure he knows what we expect and that Law and Order has to be enforced, and that a Peaceful Protest is not a Protest of Burning, Looting, Destroying Property, and Blocking Highways. These are acts of Terrorism, and should be treated as such with any means available, including Lethal Force. You should be even happier knowing you have a lot to look forward to.

Write your Representatives, and demand that they that they enable Law Enforcement to use whatever means are Needed to stop Violent Protests, looting and Property Damage, by using Force.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr3naline View Post
The point of this thread is to question the delivery vehicle of the message. By gathering in protest and creating inconveniences for fellow neighbors in an already intensely blue county, don't you think they're letting their point fall flat? Does that not then make you question their true motive for rallying and protesting in the first place?

Nobody said these idiots where smart. Tonight, they broke out the windows of a "Starbucks" and a Bank in Washington to protest Trump. Starbucks had donated over 50,000.00 dollars to Hillary's Campaign, and that Bank had donated 500,000 dollars to her Campaign. This was a "Protest" against Trump?? That folks, shows the stupidity of these Morons. I think its Hilarious.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Didn't some moron set himself on fire in front of Trump Tower yesterday as a "protest"?

Yep, Guess he showed then a thing or two....Bet those Trump supporters will know this guy is not fooling around...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles