Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 10:36 PM

15 posts, read 14,463 times

Advertisements

Only the far westside has them. One in Santa Monica, one in Beverly Hills so technically 0 within the city limits of LA. You'd think they'd be on every corner like Starbucks. Most suburbs has at least two.

I much rather have more Paneras than Chick fil a's. DTLA will no doubt eventually gain one. I'm just shocked the second biggest city in the country doesn't have something that every basic American town has.

Last edited by SoCal Hiker; 01-19-2017 at 10:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 10:40 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,907,168 times
There are plenty in the San Fernando Valley, which is City of LA.

Why do you ask, are they short on Panera Breads in Rialto?

Old 01-19-2017, 10:49 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,357,414 times
The lack of Panera Breads is a travesty ! How can this be considered a world class city with so few Panera locations?

Old 01-19-2017, 10:49 PM

15 posts, read 14,463 times
^ i don't live in Rialto. And opps sorry, i always forget that parts of the SF valley like Sylmar is considered LA. But still DTLA should have one and Koreatown/Hollywood another.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:57 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,367,097 times
Because Angelenos would rather have a gazillion In-N-Outs. So much for priorities.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:58 PM

496 posts, read 572,257 times
There is one in culver city and westchester. Two that are relatively close to each other.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:25 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,800,054 times
They are literally all over LA

https://delivery.panerabread.com/#!/cafeLocations/

Old 01-20-2017, 12:54 AM

32,988 posts, read 12,266,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Hiker View Post
Only the far westside has them. One in Santa Monica, one in Beverly Hills so technically 0 within the city limits of LA. You'd think they'd be on every corner like Starbucks. Most suburbs has at least two.

I much rather have more Paneras than Chick fil a's. DTLA will no doubt eventually gain one. I'm just shocked the second biggest city in the country doesn't have something that every basic American town has.
Most Starbucks in the U.S. that aren't in grocery stores or airports are owned by the parent company (not franchised). Every Panera Bread I've ever been in (quite a few) has been a franchised location (I ask ). The requirements for franchisees (net worth/liquid net worth/local commercial real estate experience/track record in the industry, etc.) are more stringent than some other restaurant franchises. <<<<<< might have something to do with why you are seeing the reality you are seeing...who knows? Just a thought.

Old 01-20-2017, 04:44 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,356,591 times
Quote:

That is a good question; they are popular throughout the country. As for preferring them over Chick fil a, not everyone would agree with you. That is like comparing apples and oranges:the only similarity is they are boh fast good places.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:00 AM

4,453 posts, read 6,777,269 times
Quote:

Probably because of the business climate in the City of LA. Why open in LA when you can do it just outside of LA for probably a lot faster, cheaper, and less regulation. This is why many beer makers choose to open outside of LA.

Another reason could be someone already bought the rights to the area and just chooses to horde the rights and sell them to someone else in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles