Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 01:07 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,681,943 times

Advertisements

there is not much you can do. if they park cars in the street for more than ~72hours at a time you can get city parking enforcement to cite them. if they are violating HOA rules(if you happen to live in a neighborhood that has them), you can contact the HOA to harass them about it. if they are violating noise ordinance late at night, you can call the cops. otherwise, there really isn't much you can do other than deal with it or move. my family had the same problem, we just called the cops for every little thing until they left

Old 03-03-2008, 08:55 AM

236 posts, read 1,137,833 times
Anything else TaraMoon? For someone who is telling me to mind my own business, you sure have a lot to say about me and my business.

Last edited by edelweiss; 03-03-2008 at 09:28 AM..

Old 03-03-2008, 09:57 AM

396 posts, read 1,718,277 times
when i lived in houston, my neighbors across the street were drug dealers. no one really said anything to them, mostly because they were *******s and pretended not to speak english if one of us white people talked to them. my dad usually leaves for work at 5 am every morning, he saw a black suv parked down the street every day for 3 days. we all though it was the cops, since they have been out there before. but a couple days later we hear a bunch of sirens around 2:30 am. we go out side and find out some rival dealer shot the dude across the street. the kid was like 16 maybe, dealing drugs at school and stuff and his dad and mom both deal drugs.

the neighbors of the drug dealer were all very scared. one guy told the police if he sees someone in his yard, he's shooting them. and he did. a day or two later he heard someone walking around his back yard, couldnt see them too well, but he got his shotgun and shot at whoever or whatever it was.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:28 AM

23 posts, read 48,797 times
Evil triumphs when good people do nothing.

When you stand up for what is right, you WILL be judged and persecuted. Always.

So do what most in this thread are advising: keep a log of any suspicious activities you see going on at that house. Like someone else posted earlier, be creative about reporting any illegal or suspect activities you may see. There are probably police officers involved in illegal stuff themselves - which may possibly explain why some reports and complaints from the public are brushed off. That can be true especially with drug dealing, as there is a LOT of money in drug dealing. Many drug dealers do want to keep a low and quiet profile when they set up shop in a neighborhood - but the people they deal to will oftentimes be the serious problem.

Whatever you do, BE CAREFUL.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:49 PM

we have told the police about my neighbors selling drugs but they dont really care. we havent seen them selling drugs but we know they are because every friday a ton of car will stop by the house, stay for around 5 minutes then leave. plus, they went from living in a really crappy mobile home to a really nice house. that doesnt happen when you drive a dump truck for a living.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:48 PM

422 posts, read 1,812,868 times
This is a very interesting thread. I think the advice to keep a log of visitors and how much time they spend inside is a good one. Enlisting other neighbors to help, and to also call the cops when a pattern is established, is also probably a good idea.

But I have a question about one of the supposed telltale signs: Why would having visitors late at night mean someone is a drug dealer? They sleep, too, don't they? I'd think they would have visitors at all hours, and not necessarily moreso in the middle of the night. I would be more suspicious if they DIDN'T have jobs and drove nice cars.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:34 PM

110 posts, read 376,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Anything else TaraMoon? For someone who is telling me to mind my own business, you sure have a lot to say about me and my business.
Yes, get a job, a hobby, a life, and stop looking out the window at your neighbors to find out what kind of beer and potato chips they bought at the store. Unlike your neighbors, YOU invited comments and you got them.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:45 PM

98 posts, read 324,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereistic01 View Post
when i lived in houston, my neighbors across the street were drug dealers. no one really said anything to them, mostly because they were *******s and pretended not to speak english if one of us white people talked to them. my dad usually leaves for work at 5 am every morning, he saw a black suv parked down the street every day for 3 days. we all though it was the cops, since they have been out there before. but a couple days later we hear a bunch of sirens around 2:30 am. we go out side and find out some rival dealer shot the dude across the street. the kid was like 16 maybe, dealing drugs at school and stuff and his dad and mom both deal drugs.

the neighbors of the drug dealer were all very scared. one guy told the police if he sees someone in his yard, he's shooting them. and he did. a day or two later he heard someone walking around his back yard, couldnt see them too well, but he got his shotgun and shot at whoever or whatever it was.
Yep. That sounds like Texas!! lol

Old 03-03-2008, 11:53 PM

236 posts, read 1,137,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraMoon View Post
Yes, get a job, a hobby, a life, and stop looking out the window at your neighbors to find out what kind of beer and potato chips they bought at the store. Unlike your neighbors, YOU invited comments and you got them.
And may God bless you!

Old 03-03-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerblaine View Post
Yep. That sounds like Texas!! lol
and we were in a pretty rural area too. it seems that street attracted drug dealers. around 1994 we had other drug dealers and they fled to alabama after a guy they turned in to the police said he was coming to kill them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: