Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 07:33 AM

276 posts, read 575,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olofliddin View Post
When to call the police after an auto accident

Having an officer at the scene of the accident will expedite the exchange of information between all parties involved. No matter who is at fault, in Massachusetts and New Hampshire you are required by law to call the police to a scene of an accident when the following occurs.

When there is personal injury: You should call the police immediately for medical assistance if anyone is injured at the scene of an auto accident. The dispatcher will also notify the police, and the officer at the scene of the accident will file the police report. (Be sure that you get a copy for your insurance claim.)
When damages exceed $1,000: It doesn't take much of an impact to create $1,000 worth of damage, especially if newer models are involved.
Thank you, Olofliddin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 04:18 PM

3,345 posts, read 2,306,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user9430961 View Post
Thank you Petrovich, Honobob, and Citizensadvocate. I greatly appreciate your advice and help. Thanks so very much.
Your welcome,

I am glad you are considerate on the use of 911 system. Its more of a moral issue as the 911 system these days are increasingly overwhelmed that people who are really dying, in which minutes count, are being put on hold. Obviously its ethical to not have those real emergency calls wait on a call of asking police to settle an uncertainty on a party's liability or fault following a minor collision with no injuries or hazardous condition left behind.
Therefore its a good idea to keep those numbers I listed file in the event if needed. In the event that address is not in LA proper these people would promptly direct you to the proper channels to reach them.

Old 03-15-2017, 09:08 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,307,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
Your welcome,

I am glad you are considerate on the use of 911 system. Its more of a moral issue as the 911 system these days are increasingly overwhelmed that people who are really dying, in which minutes count, are being put on hold. Obviously its ethical to not have those real emergency calls wait on a call of asking police to settle an uncertainty on a party's liability or fault following a minor collision with no injuries or hazardous condition left behind.
Therefore its a good idea to keep those numbers I listed file in the event if needed. In the event that address is not in LA proper these people would promptly direct you to the proper channels to reach them.
I was in an accident on the 405 years ago and did call 911, it was busy and couldn't get through. CHP did show up though and they were highly professional but explained they were understaffed. I was glad they showed up though, because this was before smart phones and I had no way to call the locals. Not to mention on the freeway it was hard to tell which locality you were actually in sometimes.

Old 03-15-2017, 09:09 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,307,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrovich View Post
- Indecent on freeway (and streets too) its emergency and you might get killed if you stopped on freeway, no time to guess and google etc.
If I got indecent on the freeway, people might go blind..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles