Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 08:37 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,819,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I'm not female but I've always felt safe in Burbank . You just don't see some of the crazy stuff you see in some of those other areas . It seems the thug or troublemaker types know they won't be tolerated in Burbank .

East Hollywood will gentrify eventually but it's still pretty rough . Streets are pretty dirty , homeless and homeless encampments , graffiti etc .
Burbank has a lot of cops and they actually care about keeping the city safe and clean. It's the same place Shia LeBouf got fined $500 for smoking a cigarette on the sidewalk. I know a lot of people who intentionally avoid driving through Burbank because the cops pull over so many drivers. One of my friends lived there about 10 years ago and had about 6 people over drinking and the cops showed up at 10pm and broke it up.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:39 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Paranoia would be more an irrational fear . If an area has higher crime rates and there is data to back it up is that really paranoia ?
Of course crime happens everywhere but the likelyhood is higher in some areas .

The advice of "don't worry move to east Hollywood nothing will happen" isn't great advice .
You also have to keep in mind criminals thrive on vulnerable people since they view it as a lower risk . They are going to try to rob the young girl instead of some 6 foot 6" body builder looking dude .

Pretty sure this is why lots of people get those neck tattoos etc so they look like a bad ass or try to look intimidating so people don't mess with them .

Is there any area that you don't think is safe ?

If she asked about Watts would you say the same thing ?

Old 03-08-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Burbank has a lot of cops and they actually care about keeping the city safe and clean. It's the same place Shia LeBouf got fined $500 for smoking a cigarette on the sidewalk. I know a lot of people who intentionally avoid driving through Burbank because the cops pull over so many drivers. One of my friends lived there about 10 years ago and had about 6 people over drinking and the cops showed up at 10pm and broke it up.
Yeah that's the problem in L.A the lack of caring . My place was broken into several years ago and that's the attitude I received from LAPD . I'm guessing it would of been handled a lot differently in Burbank .

Burbank is expensive but at least for people living there they can have peace of mind that there will be relative safety and things kept relatively clean no matter what part of the city they are in .

In L.A it's a lot different . If the city were split up it seems things would be better. Can't imagine them being worse.
City hall has proven they can't efficiently run the whole city it's very obvious .

Old 03-08-2017, 12:03 PM

4 posts, read 3,245 times
Most big cities aren't safe for women that are walking outside by themselves, and LA is no exception. The younger, and the more attractive, the more dangerous it is. It's a really terrible thing.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:25 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,469,703 times
Quote:
That sounds like a terrible place.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
That sounds like a terrible place.
Terrible place for criminals and trouble makers

Old 03-08-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealv96 View Post
Most big cities aren't safe for women that are walking outside by themselves, and LA is no exception. The younger, and the more attractive, the more dangerous it is. It's a really terrible thing.
That's one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read. It's not like we live in Sweden!

Old 03-08-2017, 02:00 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,303,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I'm not female but I've always felt safe in Burbank . You just don't see some of the crazy stuff you see in some of those other areas . It seems the thug or troublemaker types know they won't be tolerated in Burbank .

East Hollywood will gentrify eventually but it's still pretty rough . Streets are pretty dirty , homeless and homeless encampments , graffiti etc .
That's why I always recommend Burbank to anybody on a budget. It's LA county's hidden gem. Yeah, it's hot and muggy but it has incredible advantages.

-Being its own city it has clean streets and an available PD
-The population tends to be a mix of older, conservative types and lots of young working professionals
-It's near entertainment industry jobs
-It's relatively close to hollywood and DTLA and Silver Lake/Los Feliz
-It's quiet , but again relatively close to the action
-it's got a local bar/restaruant scene, while nothing great, basic
-Has a small town, rustic feel to it
-AND.. it's still cheap!

Old 03-08-2017, 02:24 PM

53 posts, read 55,997 times
Question should be: Is central LA/Downtown/Hollywood safe for a girl?

Old 03-08-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Terrible place for criminals and trouble makers
There are some people that get off on "grit" or ghetto type neighborhoods.. I guess they view them as hip and edgy ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles