Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 08:53 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
I used to live in the valley
Great, but there is no point in comparing shopping in Warner Center with wherever you live now. The information is useless to anybody who lives in L.A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 10:29 PM

240 posts, read 240,453 times
Wait, doesn't the Target right there also have groceries?

Old 05-22-2017, 11:05 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,564,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeSFVHouses View Post
Wait, doesn't the Target right there also have groceries?
I know the Target on Ventura does, I don't know about the one in the mall. I'd assume so.

I too wish there was a grocery store. Maybe when they redo the promenade property they'll put in one.

Yes there is stuff on Ventura, but most of the main streets through here are speedways. If Owensmouth had a pedestrian tunnel under the 101 (It would quickly fill with homeless camps), that would be a nice alternative to get to ralph's and sprouts. Walking down Canoga is constantly stopping at in/out driveways to the shopping and businesses as cars try to turn in or out going 30 mph and don't expect to find a pedestrian. It's not like walking in the city. This area was designed more like a high speed suburban office park and later was filled in with apartments.

With all the apartments in the area, it's a wonder that at least a small grocer didn't try to move in to that dying shopping center on the southwest corner of Victory and Canoga where that bicycle shop is or the Scandinavian furniture place on Erwin.

It's an area in transition so I'm betting a new store will come soon. Von's is mysteriously absent from the area. That's my one and ONLY downside with this area. Other than that I love the places I can walk to. It's perfection.

Old 05-23-2017, 12:24 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
I know the Target on Ventura does, I don't know about the one in the mall. I'd assume so.

I too wish there was a grocery store. Maybe when they redo the promenade property they'll put in one.

Yes there is stuff on Ventura, but most of the main streets through here are speedways. If Owensmouth had a pedestrian tunnel under the 101 (It would quickly fill with homeless camps), that would be a nice alternative to get to ralph's and sprouts. Walking down Canoga is constantly stopping at in/out driveways to the shopping and businesses as cars try to turn in or out going 30 mph and don't expect to find a pedestrian. It's not like walking in the city. This area was designed more like a high speed suburban office park and later was filled in with apartments.

With all the apartments in the area, it's a wonder that at least a small grocer didn't try to move in to that dying shopping center on the southwest corner of Victory and Canoga where that bicycle shop is or the Scandinavian furniture place on Erwin.

It's an area in transition so I'm betting a new store will come soon. Von's is mysteriously absent from the area. That's my one and ONLY downside with this area. Other than that I love the places I can walk to. It's perfection.
Vons should return to the warner center area. Vons had a store at topanga and ventura where sprouts currently is.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:02 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Why does it have to be "walking distance"? What exactly is "walking distance" to most people? Groceries can be purchased at the Costco that is RIGHT THERE. There is also a Ralphs that is two main blocks over on Vanowen in West Hills right next to Walmart. Also another Ralphs on Ventura Blvd and Topanga Canyon which is what can be considered "walking distance".

So you've got THREE different grocery shopping choices right there. Why do you need more? Target also has groceries on the top floor so that can be the 4th option.
Exactly. What some people consider walking distance is too far for others.

Quote:
I used to live in the valley
We know, we know. But you don't live in the Valley anymore and how you go on and on about Seattle you won't be returning.

As the Brits say "press on".

Old 05-23-2017, 04:38 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,564,559 times
Quote:
Vons should return to the warner center area. Vons had a store at topanga and ventura where sprouts currently is.
Oh interesting! I wonder why they wouldn't want a super nice Pavilions in that area since the SES is really high. Where I used to live in west LA we had lots of Von's and no Ralphs, in this area it's the opposite. Oh well. I like my area either way. I have friends who love Seattle, but once you've lived in constant sunshine, it ruins you for other places. I complain about the blazing sun in LA but when it's gone I get sad and miss it. Never happy.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:31 PM

Westfield is trying to ink a deal with either lazy acres or 365 by whole foods. Westfield would either put one of the 2 grocery stores in the old sears building at westfield topanga or in the new westfield promenade mixed use development.

Lazy Acres would be a better option in my opinion.

365 by whole foods is a horrible concept. Here in the Bellevue suburb of Seattle 365 by whole foods **** doen after opening in october 2016.

Lazy acres in woodland hills warner center would be a dream come true.

I sometimes stay at the warner center marriott and like a grocery store nearby to stock the fridge.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:24 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,351 times
Quote:
Westfield is trying to ink a deal with either lazy acres or 365 by whole foods. Westfield would either put one of the 2 grocery stores in the old sears building at westfield topanga or in the new westfield promenade mixed use development.

365 by whole foods is a horrible concept. Here in the Bellevue suburb of Seattle 365 by whole foods **** doen after opening in october 2016.

Lazy acres in woodland hills warner center would be a dream come true.

I sometimes stay at the warner center marriott and like a grocery store nearby to stock the fridge.
Don't you live in Seattle and beef about how expensive LA is?
Would do you care about having a grocery store nearby to stock your fridge?

Old 11-15-2017, 04:59 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,930,229 times
Quote:

There's already a deal in the works to put a theater & restaurants in the old Sears store location. I think they mentioned a grocery store when I attended the Promenade 2035 community meeting. I wish it could be a Pavillions, we don't need a Lazy Acres "Natural Market". We already have several "natural" grocery stores around here.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
There's already a deal in the works to put a theater & restaurants in the old Sears store location. I think they mentioned a grocery store when I attended the Promenade 2035 community meeting. I wish it could be a Pavillions, we don't need a Lazy Acres "Natural Market". We already have several "natural" grocery stores around here.
Woodland Hills warner center really needs a Vons or Pavillions. There are too many Ralphs in woodland hills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles