U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 03-05-2008, 07:28 PM
 
Location: West LA
2,318 posts, read 4,946,651 times
Reputation: 1046

Advertisements

This is a real part of LA. This is also a real part of America as a whole. With Los Angeles you get the sweet and the sour.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-06-2008, 02:45 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,405 posts, read 7,893,351 times
Reputation: 2174
this area is safer than most actually. its nicer too. but there are still pockets of thugs. it goes block by block sometimes. my friend lives on the nicest block i seen in hyde park. this is a tragedy and it makes me feel sick. i despise these lil thugs with guns, be they brown, black, purple, whatever.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2008, 05:02 PM
SWV
 
Location: After College Brooklyn/Bronx/Queens NYC
445 posts, read 904,677 times
Reputation: 157
It's very crazy isn't it?

I'm not going to dwell on this.. Because I am still looking to move to LA!!!

But why did they shoot him?

Every Black male isn't in a gang so why didn't they just leave him be?

My dad's friend son recently got held up in a store in Watts area by a Latino Gang I think it was called MS-13 or something..He wasn't even suppose to be in that area but he was anyway. The police showed up and thankfully the gang got arrested.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2008, 08:43 PM
 
401 posts, read 1,685,933 times
Reputation: 150
So sad. This must be why the majority of African-Americans are leaving LA for other states and cities
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2008, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Hot Springs, AR
5,612 posts, read 9,580,120 times
Reputation: 3624
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWV View Post
It's very crazy isn't it?

I'm not going to dwell on this.. Because I am still looking to move to LA!!!

But why did they shoot him?

Every Black male isn't in a gang so why didn't they just leave him be?

My dad's friend son recently got held up in a store in Watts area by a Latino Gang I think it was called MS-13 or something..He wasn't even suppose to be in that area but he was anyway. The police showed up and thankfully the gang got arrested.
It could be one of several reasons. My top two are: 1) the shooter needed to kill someone to join the gang; 2) he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, which is more likely.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2008, 10:40 PM
 
Location: Santa Monica
7 posts, read 470 times
Reputation: 12
Do you really think LA is the only place where crime occurs?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2008, 08:22 AM
 
194 posts, read 25,230 times
Reputation: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
So sad. This must be why the majority of African-Americans are leaving LA for other states and cities
Yep, it's an 'agenda' by the Mexican Mafia to try to screw with Black Angelenos in hopes that they'll move away,
and the neighborhood will become new gang/drug turf for the Mexican Mafia.

But these guys are STILL some of the biggest chickensh*** you'll ever find walking around. Because they DON'T go after their gang "enemies" the Crips and the Bloods (they *know* they'd get their ***es kicked) they ONLY go after regular people: home owners, people headed to work in the morning, teenagers, and girls.

ALL GANGS ARE CRIMINAL SCUZZBAGS! But you *rarely* hear about the Black gangs attacking innocent Mexicans, homeowners, and law-abiding people. Between the Black gangs, Mexican gangs, and Samoan gangs, the Mexican gangs are arguably the biggest cowards and chickensh*** of them all.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2008, 08:19 PM
 
1,874 posts, read 578,643 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slauson Rosecranz View Post
Yep, it's an 'agenda' by the Mexican Mafia to try to screw with Black Angelenos in hopes that they'll move away,
and the neighborhood will become new gang/drug turf for the Mexican Mafia.

But these guys are STILL some of the biggest chickensh*** you'll ever find walking around. Because they DON'T go after their gang "enemies" the Crips and the Bloods (they *know* they'd get their ***es kicked) they ONLY go after regular people: home owners, people headed to work in the morning, teenagers, and girls.

ALL GANGS ARE CRIMINAL SCUZZBAGS! But you *rarely* hear about the Black gangs attacking innocent Mexicans, homeowners, and law-abiding people. Between the Black gangs, Mexican gangs, and Samoan gangs, the Mexican gangs are arguably the biggest cowards and chickensh*** of them all.
Yes, they are the biggest cowards. According to WikiPedia, they're allies with the Aryan Brotherhood.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2008, 09:32 PM
SWV
 
Location: After College Brooklyn/Bronx/Queens NYC
445 posts, read 904,677 times
Reputation: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slauson Rosecranz View Post
Yep, it's an 'agenda' by the Mexican Mafia to try to screw with Black Angelenos in hopes that they'll move away,
and the neighborhood will become new gang/drug turf for the Mexican Mafia.

But these guys are STILL some of the biggest chickensh*** you'll ever find walking around. Because they DON'T go after their gang "enemies" the Crips and the Bloods (they *know* they'd get their ***es kicked) they ONLY go after regular people: home owners, people headed to work in the morning, teenagers, and girls.

ALL GANGS ARE CRIMINAL SCUZZBAGS! But you *rarely* hear about the Black gangs attacking innocent Mexicans, homeowners, and law-abiding people. Between the Black gangs, Mexican gangs, and Samoan gangs, the Mexican gangs are arguably the biggest cowards and chickensh*** of them all.
Amen.. I so agree with you!! 100% fully. At least us (well the ones in the gangs) blacks have a sort of reason to shoot someone.. but the mexicans want to shoot anybody they see. It can be a 6 year old black male or a 85 year old white female they'll still shoot them. It's so sad and frustrating.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2008, 05:41 PM
 
Location: I'm Behind you.
39 posts, read 89,490 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by viraj View Post
FOXNews.com - California High School Football Star Gunned Down in Random Gang Attack - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

A high school football star described as "a Houdini on the football field" was shot dead on Sunday in random gang violence and his mother was returning from her second tour of duty in Iraq.

mod cut: text removed
I actually knew him since 7th Grade and talked to him. He was shot south from where I live. I was shock when I found out, he was a cool person.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top