Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2006, 01:29 AM

7 posts, read 15,969 times

Advertisements

a big hi to all those who r reading this rite now,...first of all, i'd like u to know that i'm an ungrad student from a univ in "India" - [mod cut - not relevant]
Well, i'm planning to come to US for my graduate studies n i have applied to places like USC-California, U of M(Minneapolis/MN) and ASU(Arizona State U). Now how u guys can help me is by giving me some advice on which place to choose, from a living point of view( i.e. the cost of living, job oppurtunities, weather n of course the beauty of the surrounding city..)

Guys, the problem here is...USC is the highest ranked among these and lookin at all these "i-hate-LA" posts...i'm kinda unsure about my future in LA, but i love LA...PLEASE tell me all the positives about LA(how accesible is public transportation system..etc)....and YOUR personal favourite among these 3 places.

I knew u'd help. Thanks again.

Last edited by enlightenme; 12-05-2006 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Parts were not relevant to the question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2006, 08:15 AM

23 posts, read 91,687 times
What a prejudice mind!!!! Shame on you...
If you hate asians (from your post), none of the places mentioned by you in your post are suitable for you... FYI grad shool students have large asian population..so I guess you want to rethink about grad school plans in USA.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by affluent View Post
What a prejudice mind!!!! Shame on you...
If you hate asians (from your post), none of the places mentioned by you in your post are suitable for you... FYI grad shool students have large asian population..so I guess you want to rethink about grad school plans in USA.
dude.. though at first i felt your reply was totally gay .. but then as i thought about it i realized that u do have a point there... there certainly are a lot of genuinely nice ppl here in asia...so i guess i should get rid of my prejudice n be more tolerant towards these cultures... well, gud job man... u kinda cured me !

Old 12-05-2006, 10:44 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,605,697 times
You will get a superb education no matter what your field at USC. That should be your first concern. (I went to so-called rival UCLA, but excellent education is what it is.) If you've spent most of your life in New Delhi*, the snowy weather in Minneapolis might be enough of a shock to distract you from your studies. You might ask your question about ASU on the Arizona forum here.

USC is set in an area that used to be more relevant to the rich and now might remind you more of any other world city, but remains nearby the downtown L.A. working hub. You'll need a car to enjoy whatever you wish to enjoy beyond the USC campus, sorry. Otherwise you're restricted to http://www.mta.net/default.asp

*Your slang belies New Delhi as your sole influence. Have you lived elsewhere? Perhaps we could offer more apt comparisons tailored to your expectations if we knew.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
You will get a superb education no matter what your field at USC. That should be your first concern. (I went to so-called rival UCLA, but excellent education is what it is.) If you've spent most of your life in New Delhi*, the snowy weather in Minneapolis might be enough of a shock to distract you from your studies. You might ask your question about ASU on the Arizona forum here.

USC is set in an area that used to be more relevant to the rich and now might remind you more of any other world city, but remains nearby the downtown L.A. working hub. You'll need a car to enjoy whatever you wish to enjoy beyond the USC campus, sorry. Otherwise you're restricted to http://www.mta.net/default.asp

*Your slang belies New Delhi as your sole influence. Have you lived elsewhere? Perhaps we could offer more apt comparisons tailored to your expectations if we knew.
Thanks so much. I guess now I have a slightly better idea of what to expect in Minneapolis or Los Angeles. And I am also thankful to the administrator for deleting my irrelevant slangs...seriously that was childish ...well, i guess i'll be selecting USC then...so thanks again for your help..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles