U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2017, 06:57 PM

24,151 posts, read 13,675,815 times

Advertisements

Hard to imagine because I'm a legal citizen and so are my family members.
People not wanting to report these crimes due to fake news fears isn't a good reason to be pro illegal alien though . Nice try at playing to emotions though Charlie Beck .

Thought police chiefs were supposed to fight crime . Think about it there are known gangbangers and other scumbags on the streets that don't have a right to be in this country but because L.A is a sanctuary city they are left alone .

In non sanctuary cities they wouldn't be protected like that .

“Imagine, a young woman, imagine your daughter, your sister, your mother … not reporting a sexual assault, because they are afraid that their family will be torn apart,” Beck said.

This is what the spokesperson for ICE said and this makes a lot of common sense

"The inference by Los Angeles officials that the agency’s execution of its mission is undermining public safety is outrageous and wrongheaded,” Kice said. “In fact, the greater threat to public safety is local law enforcement’s continuing unwillingness to honor immigration detainers. Rather than transferring convicted criminal aliens to ICE custody as requested, agencies, including the Los Angeles Police Department, are routinely releasing these offenders back onto the street to potentially reoffend, and their victims are often other members of the immigrant community.”

Latinos are reporting fewer sexual assaults amid a climate of fear in immigrant communities, LAPD says - LA Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2017, 06:50 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,960,621 times
How do they know that the actual assaults haven't decreased rather than just the reporting ? Perhaps illegals are becoming concerned about being labeled "Criminal Illegal Aliens" and thus being deported. Oh, wait. That wouldn't go along with L.A.'s policy of coddling illegals.

Old 03-29-2017, 06:59 PM

8,830 posts, read 8,963,022 times
If there were fewer people living here, then there would be a decrease in sexual assaults, so let's try that then; especially since I don't want the chances of a family member of mine getting sexually assaulted increasing as a result of an increase in population. You add sharks to your lagoon and eventually everybody in the lagoon gets bitten.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:56 PM

2,249 posts, read 1,173,971 times
I used to like Chief Beck... not anymore. I wonder what chief Bratton would have done about this situation with sanctuary cities. I don't see him bowing to Garcetti he was a great man and chief.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:00 PM

3,435 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Beck is a politician not a police person.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:18 PM

8,830 posts, read 8,963,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I used to like Chief Beck... not anymore. I wonder what chief Bratton would have done about this situation with sanctuary cities. I don't see him bowing to Garcetti he was a great man and chief.
Bratton was in favor of illegal immigration and when once confronted on the issue he told a lamenting LA resident to move. The late Terry Anderson played the audio clip on occasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or