Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:43 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisha View Post
I have lives in Reseda all my life. Yes, it has gone downhill, but it is still my home. I am near the Tampa/Roscoe/Saticoy area. There are still horses, and larger lots. There are smaller/regular homes on the east side of Tampa. It has been very peaceful, and nice living there, but I do not go out walking. I shop and hang out in Northridge. We could use some more residents who care for their homes, so I hope you move there! There is also a very active Reseda Neighbothood Council. Google it.
I used to catch the RTD bus 152 (used to be route 16) at Saticoy and Fallbrook down to my buddy's house on Roscoe and Balboa, probably around 1975.

Back then Reseda's Cleveland High was a valley football powerhouse.

You'll get a kick out of this:

San Fernando Valley Transit Insider: www.transit-insider.org

(image not protected by copyright)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 08:13 PM

64 posts, read 312,492 times
Default The valley changes block by block

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammas View Post
Hi, I have been renting in Woodland Hills for the last 3 years. The rental prices as well as home prices are too high for me to afford. Since I work in Woodland Hills, I wanted to buy a house somewhere closer in the valley. After much research, I decided to buy a house in Reseda. I read a lot in this forum that Reseda is not the safest to live. Is it very bad? The house that I am buying is in a gated community. I have 2 young kids. Any information will be appreciated.
What part of reseda? up near tarzana is totally nice. next to encino is nice. the part near white oak and lake Balboa area is rising in value monthly because it's near good schools, fire depts, low crime and access to transit lines and recreational area. downtown reseda can be sketchy but avoid those parts.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I used to catch the RTD bus 152 (used to be route 16) at Saticoy and Fallbrook down to my buddy's house on Roscoe and Balboa, probably around 1975.

Back then Reseda's Cleveland High was a valley football powerhouse.

You'll get a kick out of this:

San Fernando Valley Transit Insider: www.transit-insider.org

(image not protected by copyright)
I would guess mid-1960s for that map.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:09 AM

108 posts, read 290,756 times
For the sake of your kids please do not move to Reseda. It is a very bad city now. Very dirty, high crime, and loud with lots of young people loitering along the major boulevards. Do not move there, even though its cheaper to live there. Your kids will learn bad manners and worse from the kids that live there. Move to Woodland Hills, or Chatsworth, but not to Reseda, Northridge, Van Nuys or Panorama City. Avoid those cities if you have kids!

Old 06-03-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayolm View Post
For the sake of your kids please do not move to Reseda. It is a very bad city now. Very dirty, high crime, and loud with lots of young people loitering along the major boulevards. Do not move there, even though its cheaper to live there. Your kids will learn bad manners and worse from the kids that live there. Move to Woodland Hills, or Chatsworth, but not to Reseda, Northridge, Van Nuys or Panorama City. Avoid those cities if you have kids!
The northern part of Northridge is fine. The southern part (south of Nordhoff) is the less desirable part.

Last edited by Fleet; 06-03-2008 at 12:49 AM..

Old 06-03-2008, 09:32 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,118,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The northern part of Northridge is fine. The southern part (south of Nordhoff) is the less desirable part.
The southern part (south of Nordhoff) is the more affordable part.

And I might add, better than Van Nuys, better than Reseda, better than North Hollywood.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
The southern part (south of Nordhoff) is the more affordable part.

And I might add, better than Van Nuys, better than Reseda, better than North Hollywood.
I agree.....

Old 06-23-2008, 10:02 AM

4 posts, read 29,643 times
Default Reseda Theatre

I loved going to the old Reseda Theater. We would walk there with $1.00. That would get us in to see two movies and cartoons plus a soda and/or popcorn/candy. We still had money left to go next door to Sav-On to get an ice cream cone (five cents a scoop) after the show. I love the postcard!

Old 06-23-2008, 10:07 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhani View Post
I loved going to the old Reseda Theater. We would walk there with $1.00. That would get us in to see two movies and cartoons plus a soda and/or popcorn/candy. We still had money left to go next door to Sav-On to get an ice cream cone (five cents a scoop) after the show. I love the postcard!

What years did you go? I was probably there too, probably around 69, 70, 71, 72 something like that.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:10 AM

4 posts, read 29,643 times
Default Children and manners

Children learn manners from their parents and families. Basing bad manners on children in the community you live with is inappropriate. I live and teach in the Reseda area and the children here are kind, considerate, helpful, and have the "community-building" spirit. There are always the few who have no direction in their lives, those that get the negative attention, but that happens in EVERY community. And for loitering...the largest group of people I ever see are the adults sitting/standing outside Starbucks every morning!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles