Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 02:45 PM

8,227 posts, read 13,304,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
What neighbourhoods are good for dating/singles over 30? Are there suburbs that are better? LA proper seems to be geared for younger singles.
As already mentioned, there is no dating scene anywhere other than the scene you create, with your own efforts if you are aiming to meet strangers.

Best to go with a group of mixed gender friends from wherever, so you'd be halfway in already (no pun intended).
Otherwise, you have to have a thick skin, be charming and extrovert or rich/famous or you are home getting to know yourself by your lonely-some as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 06:47 AM

12,277 posts, read 7,981,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
What neighbourhoods are good for dating/singles over 30? Are there suburbs that are better? LA proper seems to be geared for younger singles.
Once you finish high school, assuming that school draws from a local neighborhood, the neighborhood itself is irrelevant. You will be locked down behind your home doors get in a vehicle with the windows up to save the air conditioning and emerge at a destination.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:42 AM

67 posts, read 57,112 times
Default singles

its been a while since I dated, but my advise is to either go to the beach areas like Manhattan Beach, or Redondo Beach to meet professional working woman, or go to the valley but, definitely stay away from Hollywood or that area.
I met my husband downtown LA where all the professionals hung out after work on a Friday night, then it was called Wall Street not sure that exist anymore. Not sure where you live but, any freeway will take you to the beach areas.
If you get into hiking (Sierra Club or similar), or into bike riding,or any kind of interest, join those clubs and you'll meet a good woman.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:35 PM

202 posts, read 163,240 times
There was a hopping over 30 scene at a placed called FoxFire bar in Anaheim Hills. Lot's of cougars. I'm 45 and live back east in NY. We have lots of these places on Lawng Island. I was actually considering moving to OC just to see this place. Unfortunately it's closed now.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:52 PM

31 posts, read 25,959 times
I'm a 34 year old man, here is my opinion.

It's quite a great place to date if you're attractive and affluent. If you're not...good luck to you. This is a generality of course, but I have no shortage of dates and think it's an amazing city to meet people in.

Just my two cents.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:38 AM

12,277 posts, read 7,981,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchmeat View Post
Wat do if we're not a handsome surf stud?
Settle, with the millions of potentials there are many who are not Maxim models

Old 11-08-2018, 11:42 PM

17,877 posts, read 15,727,124 times
What is the ratio of men to women in LA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles