Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 05:46 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,143,314 times

Advertisements

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ena/102869074/

Little brother no more. The Clippers area ready for their own home. Inglewood is on fire as well, that area is going to change dramatically.

So the LA area will soon have three privately financed sports facilities constructed within a short span of one another. This has definitely never happened before.

What are your thoughts. Good move for the Clips? I'm sure the Forum isn't too happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 05:47 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,143,314 times
Damn typo in title. Sorry.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:37 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,797,137 times
Paul and Blake could both potentially leave as free agents this off season as well as JJ and LMAM so they might not have much of a team to fill a new arena.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:15 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,442,840 times
The bigger news is Jerry West leaving his Warriors role for the Clippers.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:11 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,954,647 times
Don't think I'll be making the trip out there. Too big of a pain to get there from Central LA. I follow the Clips closer than the Lakers, as they've been as good or better than the Lakers most of the time I've lived in LA. Hopefully the Lakers will turn around so I can follow them a little closer instead.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:48 PM

816 posts, read 915,880 times
Clippers have their own fan base which has already put up with a lot and will continue to follow them. I am not happy with the move west, but Ballmer is the guy who spent the $2 billion.

The land parcel looks like it is adjacent to the Rams project, which could generate parking revenue for the Clippers during NFL games.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:35 AM

12,309 posts, read 8,035,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown91737 View Post
Clippers have their own fan base which has already put up with a lot and will continue to follow them. I am not happy with the move west, but Ballmer is the guy who spent the $2 billion.

The land parcel looks like it is adjacent to the Rams project, which could generate parking revenue for the Clippers during NFL games.
I would think the parking revenue from a few large games and mega events at the Rams stadium would be pretty much insignificant. Taking larger concerts from Staples Center and the Forum when the Clippers are not at home would be however. Things like The Grammy's were in Staples before that entire complex was built around Staples Center and with a new indoor stadium The Forum will probably be razed in hope of something similar around the Rams/Clippers complex.

What you lose from the San Fernando Valley and Ventura, you pick up from the South Bay and Orange County

Old 06-17-2017, 11:55 AM

1,704 posts, read 2,316,808 times
Wish that sorry team would leave the area completely.

They were on the "verge" to a championship for years and now are going to have to rebuild.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:28 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,295,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ena/102869074/

Little brother no more. The Clippers area ready for their own home. Inglewood is on fire as well, that area is going to change dramatically.

So the LA area will soon have three privately financed sports facilities constructed within a short span of one another. This has definitely never happened before.

What are your thoughts. Good move for the Clips? I'm sure the Forum isn't too happy.
Great. Farther away from me.

And of course, great for those who don't mind hanging out in Inglewood for other things such as concerts as such. And also, when a franchise has a long history of never winning anything, star players often leave, and big names rarely wanna sign there.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:34 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,797,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Great. Farther away from me.

And of course, great for those who don't mind hanging out in Inglewood for other things such as concerts as such. And also, when a franchise has a long history of never winning anything, star players often leave, and big names rarely wanna sign there.
Chris Paul will be on the Spurs next year and Blake will be on the Celtics. DeAndre and Seth Curry aren't going to win championships
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles