Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2017, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 513 times

Advertisements

I know it may sound obvious but try a google search for the City of Los Angeles and tell me what you find.

What is the maximum height and width for a dummy or fictitious wall for the interior of a commercial building, or the specs for a wall that does not go all the way to the ceiling. I have a very high ceiling and I live in the City of Los Angeles and there are volumes and volumes of building and safety codes and revisions. I was hoping that someone on City Data Just might know or could point me in the right direction to find out how to get the answer to this type of construction code.

To be more specific I have a wall that does not go completely to the ceiling, its like a partition or a dummy wall because it is not joined floor to ceiling. Do I need a permit or tear it down or what. I have an inspection for the near future and I need to pass the building code to continue renting this building. Please help. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 07:50 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,149,140 times
The reason you're not getting any responses is because you formulated your thread topic in a way that makes it sound like you want to fence off the entire city of L.A., which, by your post, you are actually not trying to do (although it begs a question of why V8 Vega and his friends aren't here yet clamoring for that very thing). Might ask the mods to rephrase.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:07 AM

4,453 posts, read 6,795,726 times
Pony wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: