Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 11:13 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times

Advertisements

'Where are we going to go?' L.A. homeless sweeps continue despite lawsuit - LA Times

Dealing with the homeless is not L.A.'s strong spot, yet they're making sure that number grows by letting everyone and their mother into LA with no hope of making a living. It's pathetically mismanaged.

Or blocks their bike path. OC is getting the drift. Videos Capture Homeless Tent City Along Popular OC Bike Trail « CBS Los Angeles

Oh and on the way into OC you have another lovely reminder that the government is clueless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWlvXhFAEQ4

"Last week, the American Civil Liberties Union filed for a restraining order against the county to force them to remove fences that were put up around the homeless encampment. According to the lawsuit, the six-foot chain link fences don’t provide adequate access points for those living along the riverbed." LMAO

Videos Capture Homeless Tent City Along Popular OC Bike Trail « CBS Los Angeles

California has no business being a haven for refugees and illegals. I guess they'll just hand them a tent and in a "two for one" give them a dog from the shelter. Welcome to California!

FREE THE SHELTERS!! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 11:19 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
'Where are we going to go?' L.A. homeless sweeps continue despite lawsuit - LA Times

Dealing with the homeless is not L.A.'s strong spot, yet they're making sure that number grows by letting everyone and their mother into LA with no hope of making a living. It's pathetically mismanaged.
Last I checked, the US doesn't use "internal passports", like some other countries, and people are free to move around as they wish. No authorization is required to move into any city in the US.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:26 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Last I checked, the US doesn't use "internal passports", like some other countries, and people are free to move around as they wish. No authorization is required to move into any city in the US
Pity that, no propiska.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:45 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,545,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
Wait until the next stock market crash. California will implode because of its debt ( State of California Debt Clock ) and heavy reliance on taxing the wealthy. I'm rooting from the destruction of California the same way that Trump is rooting for Obamacare to self destruct. And I'm a life long Californian!
Go live in Arizona, Texas or Idaho with all of the rest of the miserable right-wingers then...

Old 07-01-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

I know now, it is much worse. The few times we have visited in the past 10 years, I don't even recognize the place. It isn't the city I grew up in.

You can blame the millennials as well as the liberals (often the same people).

As for our forefathers, they had a vision, they were progressive but they held conservative values from what I gather.

My god! How OLD are you??????

Old 07-01-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You'd be doing it a favor. But consider first, whether you want to lose all the tax revenue they contribute to the federal budget.
Ruth, they don't usually have the capacity to think that far in advance. That's why they're right-wingers in the first place.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:56 AM

1,726 posts, read 1,721,547 times
The majority of non-Hispanic whites living in Southern California do not vote appreciably different from those in Arizona or Idaho (i.e., Republican), given that most whites in Southern California outside of the San Fernando Valley and Westside Los Angeles trace their roots to the Midwest and South.

These historic settlement patterns are very apparent in Long Beach, Lakewood and adjacent areas of Orange County -- lots of fair-haired white people, Mainline Protestant churches, jacked-up pickup trucks, etc. People are generally polite and friendly (at least by LA standards), and tend to have a very slight twang with a handful of words.

If you meet a white person in Southern California who votes along Democratic party lines, then there is a strong change they are either one of the following: a member of the LGBT community, Jewish, a transplant from a more liberal area of the country (e.g., NYC, DC, SF Bay Area, etc.) or a European immigrant.

However, it's almost guaranteed that your average white person who was born and raised in, say, Glendora, Lakewood or Rolling Hills is a Republican.

Last edited by Bert_from_back_East; 07-01-2017 at 12:07 PM..

Old 07-01-2017, 12:02 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac.re View Post
This is hilarious. So originally it was "rich white people" that are screwing up LA, but now we have Millennials and communists too? Guess I'm double screwed being a rich white millennial.

Is the average poster on this forum 60, broke, and halfway senile? Whats the deal here.

Do you people even live here? I mean at least nita has the stones to tell us she packed up and moved, but its obvious she still misses the place since she continues to reminisce and post about it.
For some reason, there are lots of sour grapes posters on the California forum. It's hard to understand why so many people move away, yet come back and post here about how awful the state is. Or, I suppose, worse: continue to live here while they hate it.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:27 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
I'm not certain how millenials can be blamed for screwing up anything, since they're generally not the ones currently wielding power, both politically as well as economically.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:42 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
We are starting to think exactly alike Majoun, you and I. We have come a long way since those days at Catch1
"Catch 1"- the night club??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles