Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2017, 12:24 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

I'm meeting a relative I haven't seen in ages to spend a nice day together. We both live on opposite ends of each other (Toluca Lk & Ontario, CA).

Where's a nice halfway meeting point at a nice, more upsclae shopping mall where we could meet, walk around, & shop? (On the map, it seems the West Covina Mall or maybe Brea Mall are halfway, but those are just ordinary, nothing-special malls. Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park is about halfway if we don't mind spending $60 a person & split the parking to get in, but I don't know about that. I posted in this section because I know the Ontario city resident will probably have to drive more into LA county to meet up.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 02:11 PM

3,243 posts, read 6,295,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I'm meeting a relative I haven't seen in ages to spend a nice day together. We both live on opposite ends of each other (Toluca Lk & Ontario, CA).

Where's a nice halfway meeting point at a nice, more upsclae shopping mall where we could meet, walk around, & shop?
Old Town Pasadena is a great choice and closer for the Toluca Lake person.

https://www.oldpasadena.org/

https://www.yelp.com/biz/old-town-pasadena-pasadena

Old 07-02-2017, 10:23 PM

Thanks. I've gone to this area before several times & I much prefer going to a cool, indoor place to walk around. Not really up & down streets. I don't really enjoy walking shops that are outdoors & you have to cross streets, watch out for traffic, go through the hassle of parking, etc., especially in this swelteringly hot time of the year.

If it were much closer, I'd prefer the following types of places:

- Glendale Gallleria & Americana at Brand
- The Grove & Farmer's Market area in L.A.
- Del Amo Mall in Torrance
- Shoreline Village in Long Beach
- Seaport Village in San Diego
- 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica

Unfortunately, they're all too far to drive for one person.

Any other ideas?

Old 07-06-2017, 03:56 PM

437 posts, read 811,033 times
Westfield Santa Anita mall in Arcadia . Great upscale mall for Asian food and upscale spot to hang out.

Westfield Santa Anita, formerly Santa Anita Fashion Park, is a super regional indoor shopping mall in Arcadia, California adjacent to the Santa Anita Race Track

Old 07-07-2017, 04:17 PM

^ Thanks, upon doing more research, Westfield Santa Anita seems to be one of the best choices! I do want a mall that has a Nordstrom because, well, I like that store.

Any other close seconds, thirds, etc.?

I could possibly go to Fashion Island in Newport Beach, the Outlets at Orange, or the Irvine Spectrum...we'll see. Those are all outdoors, so not the coolest.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:08 PM

It's going to be the Westfield Santa Anita. I haven't been there in ages & they've renovated it nicely, it appears!

Old 07-09-2017, 09:47 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,970,129 times
Quote:
It's going to be the Westfield Santa Anita. I haven't been there in ages & they've renovated it nicely, it appears!
And, if it happens to be a nice day, you're near the LA County Arboretum, which is a nice place to walk around.

Old 07-11-2017, 05:23 PM

Thanks guys, we didn't even walk the entire 1st floor of the mall. After 3 hrs, we saw a 2+ hr movie and that was pretty much it. We headed home 15 min after that so as not to be in the going-home-from work traffic. We left at 4:15p & the fwy was still quite jammed.

If we get together again, which we probably will one day, I don't know, one of us will have to drive more than the other next time.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:56 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,056,700 times
Quote:
I could possibly go to Fashion Island in Newport Beach, the Outlets at Orange, or the Irvine Spectrum...we'll see. Those are all outdoors, so not the coolest.
for "next time", there's gotta be something more convenient and interesting than those places, which are nowhere near being "between" Toluca Lake and Ontario....right??!!

Old 07-15-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
for "next time", there's gotta be something more convenient and interesting than those places, which are nowhere near being "between" Toluca Lake and Ontario....right??!!
Well, I'd love to go someplace else for a change, but the mall really is the best place for many reasons:

- can walk around & converse...you're not just sitting in one place the whole time

- we love to shop

- you can spend a lot or not one dime, it's up to each person on what they want & can afford

- there's always places to eat right there too, so no more driving to other places

- there's usually a movie theatre as well in case we want to relax & rest our feet w/ a movie

- the mall is indoors/cool (if we go to an indoor one). I can't stand being out in the heat or like to sweat unless I'm in the mood &/or at the gym

- it's a big enough place to spend at least 1/2 of the day

Now, if anyone can give me a list of OTHER places w/ all the above criteria, then, great, tell me!

I'd like to go to an amusement park some day, but that can be at $60/person AT THE LEAST for Knott's Berry Farm, which is the cheapest of the amusement parks, PLUS my cousin has weird motion sickness, so I don't know how well she'd do on the rides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles