Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2017, 07:41 PM

9,808 posts, read 11,068,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
San Francisco is very slightly better, albeit not by much. Seattle, about the same. The West Coast cities are pretty bad for hetero men except for Sacramento.
This situation with men on the West Coast, and later, even up to Alaska, dates to the 19th century. Lots of men left their families behind to come out here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 01:52 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,037,619 times
well you know how in like the H1-B VISAs they give preferrences for certain skillsets? Perhaps we should play games with the gender quotas of visa applicants. Like if tech workers in the Silicon Valley complain there's too many men/not enough women, then they OK 59% female and only 41% male applicants. That ought to fix San Jose!

If you want a domestic population solution, they should offer cash incentive/tax breaks to encourage males on the west coast to migrate to the east coast,
and similarly encourage females on the east coast to migrate to the Best Coast - since everybody allows throws up those charts saying there's more single hetero females in NYC and more single hetero men in LA/SF/Seattle.

In the words of Diamond Dave (and the Beach Boys) (not so much Katy Perry) ~
wish they all could be
California Gurls

Old 07-25-2017, 04:18 AM

4,625 posts, read 3,358,532 times
I was at a Los Angeles singles "meet up" event recently and this thread came to mind: it was 80 percent males to 20 percent females, no exaggeration.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:24 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,793,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
Let's shift gears here and get back-to the root of the problem. It's not the city, it's you. If you can't find a date you have nobody to blame but yourself
Yep. Sean Connery's character in The Rock said it best when he was schooling Nicolas Cage's character:

Quote:
Your Best? Losers whine that they tried their best. Winner's go home and f*** the prom queen.

caution: nsfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQY6IYVAfw8

Old 07-25-2017, 11:29 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,793,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I was at a Los Angeles singles "meet up" event recently and this thread came to mind: it was 80 percent males to 20 percent females, no exaggeration.
I don't doubt it -- but that means at least 20% of the males could go home winners.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:29 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,416,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I don't doubt it -- but that means at least 20% of the males could go home winners.
No, it means 2 or 3 guys get lots of numbers.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:56 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,229,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
'Cause Stephy bougie.
I actually missed the ask. Sorry--as I said previously, I prefer to meet people out and about in person. I wish people talked to each other more at my flywheel and yoga classes!

Also, I hate that "bougie" term. It has a completely opposite "street" slang of what it originally meant--the "middle" class. My gay bff loooooves to refer to himself as that.

OLD is just a pain. It's what is primarily used here. I message guys I "match" with, they don't get back to me until weeks later or not at all. So, I stopped. Not worth my time. I have to agree--if guys aren't getting dates, it's on them.

What was this meetup you went to, Astral_Weeks?

Old 07-25-2017, 05:07 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,313,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Aka a "sausage party "

Old 07-25-2017, 05:48 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,903,272 times
Worse than that: San Jose-Man Jose!!!!!

Old 07-25-2017, 06:54 PM

101 posts, read 136,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
I actually missed the ask. Sorry--as I said previously, I prefer to meet people out and about in person. I wish people talked to each other more at my flywheel and yoga classes!

Also, I hate that "bougie" term. It has a completely opposite "street" slang of what it originally meant--the "middle" class. My gay bff loooooves to refer to himself as that.

OLD is just a pain. It's what is primarily used here. I message guys I "match" with, they don't get back to me until weeks later or not at all. So, I stopped. Not worth my time. I have to agree--if guys aren't getting dates, it's on them.

What was this meetup you went to, Astral_Weeks?
I can't even get a date in the thread about guys not being able to get dates. I guess point proven!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles