Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 11:26 AM

60 posts, read 70,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr3naline View Post
Up until a month or so ago I shopped at the Target in the West Hollywood Gateway. Groceries, knick knacks, etc...I was there a lot. Nearly every time I stepped foot in that place there was something funky happening.

Homeless people sh*tting on the floor
Thieves running out with stolen goods being chased
Crazy person at the register yelling about an extra dime on their receipt
People yelling at the return counter employees
Homeless people stealing all the straws from the Starbucks
Droves of people following around a celebrity, said celebrity angry
etc.

All of these things added up on a frequent basis and I am not all surprised by this lady's antics. I can't imagine the things I didn't see...being I only visited during peak hours.
ehh, i thought this was funnier
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 11:53 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adr3naline View Post
Up until a month or so ago I shopped at the Target in the West Hollywood Gateway. Groceries, knick knacks, etc...I was there a lot. Nearly every time I stepped foot in that place there was something funky happening.

Homeless people sh*tting on the floor
Thieves running out with stolen goods being chased
Crazy person at the register yelling about an extra dime on their receipt
People yelling at the return counter employees
Homeless people stealing all the straws from the Starbucks
Droves of people following around a celebrity, said celebrity angry
etc.

All of these things added up on a frequent basis and I am not all surprised by this lady's antics. I can't imagine the things I didn't see...being I only visited during peak hours.
People working at that location should get paid more for dealing with all that craziness .
Makes you wonder if how high turnover is .

I haven't been to that location since I lived in Hollywood like 7 yrs ago but I remember it always being a scene.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:25 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,944,250 times
I like the remix

https://soundcloud.com/nanosaur/ill-...remix-nanosaur

Old 08-03-2017, 02:27 PM

322 posts, read 275,565 times
this post managed to be both extremely politically correct and anti-cop at the same time

Old 08-03-2017, 07:31 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,942,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Retail security guards don't carry guns. They also have no rights to put their hands on anyone as they are private citizens like everyone else and subject to the same laws. If that crazy lady gets a lawyer she'll take home a nice settlement from Target and not have to be homeless anymore. She did not touch anyone. Everything she did was within her constitutional rights whether the commies in west hollywood like it or not. They should have called the cops and had her removed for trespassing but the guy decided to take her down and restrain her. If I did that to someone ranting in Target I'd be arrested for assault and battery. Cops have tough jobs and most involved in shootings are justified so I agree with nothing you say
You might want to refer to California Penal Code 837. Some retail security officers are armed. They can detain you which is the reason they carry handcuffs. She was destroying property in the store. As far as I could see in the video, the security officer had every right to stop and detain her.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:02 PM

1,122 posts, read 960,438 times
I am a bit surprised by the comments- I could barely understand her except for the racial slur. She is mentally ill - I mean totally ill - probably living on the streets. I don't find it funny at all but this is what it has come to California. The Mentally ill have rights - stated by the ACLU. Many like this woman needs to be in a facility where she can get her medication because there is no way they will take it on their own. Garcetti - Supervisor Mark Ridley Thomas have this grand plan that if you give them a place to live on their own that somehow they will do well. Not going to happen with people like this. Many on the streets suffer from disorders like Schizophrenia and REFUSE to take their medication. They are a danger to themselves as well as to others if they do not take medication.

I was in a CVS store in Lawndale, CA - I had taken my sister-in-law to pick up a few things before I dropped her off at home. I was standing near a check out and this woman comes flying out of nowhere- gets right into my face and yells and screams at me. The manager called the police-sheriff to come get her. I was so shook up but I also understood she was not well.

We have a serious homeless issue and many are so so sick. It's sad and I just can't find it comical. I see it as I drive down Hawthorne Blvd - I see homeless people in Torrance. It's happening all over. Anza/190th Street in Torrance, you see them pushing their shopping carts - talking to themselves or having outbursts.

Again, they have rights and cannot be locked up in a facility so they wander the streets or they end up in jail-
Our jails become a facility to the house the mentally ill. They closed down many of the facilities that use to house these folks. Something needs to be done.

My cousin was schizophrenic and lived in a board and care home in Long Beach until he ended up in a nursing home where he died. He did this- wandered the streets and would go off his medication. I guess this is why it bothers me to see people thinking it's funny because it's not. I hate that word "crazy" but that's just me. I am not pointing fingers at anyone here but just be mindful that they weren't always like this.

Watching that video made me sad for her and of course for the people who were hit by the stuff she was throwing.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:52 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,686,608 times
That was an exercise in bad jiu-jitsu. How hard is it to cuff a 110 lb nutcase?

Old 08-04-2017, 12:21 AM

928 posts, read 1,712,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Retail security guards don't carry guns. They also have no rights to put their hands on anyone as they are private citizens like everyone else and subject to the same laws. If that crazy lady gets a lawyer she'll take home a nice settlement from Target and not have to be homeless anymore. She did not touch anyone. Everything she did was within her constitutional rights whether the commies in west hollywood like it or not. They should have called the cops and had her removed for trespassing but the guy decided to take her down and restrain her. If I did that to someone ranting in Target I'd be arrested for assault and battery. Cops have tough jobs and most involved in shootings are justified so I agree with nothing you say
Are you on drugs? She walked into their store and started throwing and breaking their merchandise.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:44 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
You might want to refer to California Penal Code 837. Some retail security officers are armed. They can detain you which is the reason they carry handcuffs. She was destroying property in the store. As far as I could see in the video, the security officer had every right to stop and detain her.
Yes. She was not only destroying property in the store, she was throwing it at other people. Had she hit someone with the stuff she was throwing, someone possibly could have gotten hurt and Target would have been liable for letting a crazy person injure it's customers.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:26 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
I am a bit surprised by the comments- I could barely understand her except for the racial slur. She is mentally ill - I mean totally ill - probably living on the streets. I don't find it funny at all but this is what it has come to California. The Mentally ill have rights - stated by the ACLU. Many like this woman needs to be in a facility where she can get her medication because there is no way they will take it on their own. Garcetti - Supervisor Mark Ridley Thomas have this grand plan that if you give them a place to live on their own that somehow they will do well. Not going to happen with people like this. Many on the streets suffer from disorders like Schizophrenia and REFUSE to take their medication. They are a danger to themselves as well as to others if they do not take medication.

I was in a CVS store in Lawndale, CA - I had taken my sister-in-law to pick up a few things before I dropped her off at home. I was standing near a check out and this woman comes flying out of nowhere- gets right into my face and yells and screams at me. The manager called the police-sheriff to come get her. I was so shook up but I also understood she was not well.

We have a serious homeless issue and many are so so sick. It's sad and I just can't find it comical. I see it as I drive down Hawthorne Blvd - I see homeless people in Torrance. It's happening all over. Anza/190th Street in Torrance, you see them pushing their shopping carts - talking to themselves or having outbursts.

Again, they have rights and cannot be locked up in a facility so they wander the streets or they end up in jail-
Our jails become a facility to the house the mentally ill. They closed down many of the facilities that use to house these folks. Something needs to be done.

My cousin was schizophrenic and lived in a board and care home in Long Beach until he ended up in a nursing home where he died. He did this- wandered the streets and would go off his medication. I guess this is why it bothers me to see people thinking it's funny because it's not. I hate that word "crazy" but that's just me. I am not pointing fingers at anyone here but just be mindful that they weren't always like this.

Watching that video made me sad for her and of course for the people who were hit by the stuff she was throwing.
While clearly there are some people that may need permanent institutionalization, I don't think most of the apparently mentally ill homeless do . After falling through hard times, many have whatever breakdowns. It's not like it has been historically easy to get out patient medication or therapy in California for mental illness. In fact this was only possible since the ACA passed.

Many of the homeless likely have not been diagnosed. Or even if you do give a woman like this medication, how is she really going to be better if she still has no stable housing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles