Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 07:09 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
I so agree with you.
I wish it were not true. I used to live in the Bay Area, and I saw the drastic change over the last 30 years. I could not take it anymore.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:12 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post

Beyond expenses, there is the moral question of how much of your money should you unwillingly hand to the government so they can do things like hand $1.3 billion of that back to illegals in wellfare every two years. It's hard to continue living here if you are truly American and value freedom.
What a load of B.S. All of it but especially the bolded part.

Should we allow pacifists morally opposed to war withhold their federal taxes from the military budget? How about environmentalists morally opposed to building more roads or oil pipelines?

As noted in your bogus thread on the topic, that $1.3 billion is going to benefit children who are U.S. citizens with an illegal immigrant parent or two. You may not like it but that will be the case no matter which state you choose to live in.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:25 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
California is lost. The best thing for us to do is to contain that Cancer, and stop it from spreading like it has in the past.
California isn't lost yet.

If we can get the border wall up and send most of the illegal aliens back, then there will be hope for California once again.

CA has had quite a bipolar voting history:

Old 08-05-2017, 09:48 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Can anyone tell me something that liberals are doing or focusing on in L.A that is actually a good thing?

I just see our Mayor and city council (which is mostly made up of liberals..with just ONE republican on the entire council) increasing homelessness , crime and extending more 'protections' for people here illegally.
Oh yeah and road diet nonsense too.

Old 08-05-2017, 09:57 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Can anyone tell me something that liberals are doing or focusing on in L.A that is actually a good thing?

I just see our Mayor and city council (which is mostly made up of liberals..with just ONE republican on the entire council) increasing homelessness , crime and extending more 'protections' for people here illegally.
Oh yeah and road diet nonsense too.
Crime decreased greatly under our last two liberal mayors and downtown has been built up because of Antonio Villaraigosa and Hahn. Not to mention trying to expand rail transit which is much needed.

Of course you forgot about them didn't you?

Old 08-05-2017, 10:01 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
A good part of the reason LA and Calif. is so liberal is 147 which denied illegals welfare and other freebies which caused them to come out and vote for Democrats in droves and has ever since. They talk with all their friends, and associates, and family and vote for Democrats as a block. There is no hope for this hellhole.
I just noticed the last 5 posts were in a few minutes.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Crime decreased greatly under our last two liberal mayors and downtown has been built up because of Antonio Villaraigosa and Hahn. Not to mention trying to expand rail transit which is much needed.

Of course you forgot about them didn't you?
Today's liberal politics and politicians are different than in the past. Example: If you look back at old President Bill Clinton speeches you'll hear him talking about cracking down on 'illegal aliens' , much different than Candidate Hillary Clinton or Obama.

Downtown was built up because of Villaraigosa and Hahn ? Which businesses did they start there? Which properties did they develop?..
I only know one former Mayor that owns businesses in downtown L.A , Richard Riordan.

So only liberal Mayors care about expanding rail transit?..

Riordan was fighting for a rail line all the way to Woodland Hills in the Valley
"The east-west Valley line would continue the Metro Rail line from downtown. The MTA is expected to decide next year between two rival proposals for a Valley route: a mostly subway line starting at the Metro Rail Red Line station in North Hollywood and ending in Woodland Hills, or an elevated line over the Ventura Freeway from Universal City to Woodland Hills."
Riordan Blocks Possible Snag to Valley Rail Line - latimes

I know Garcetti can sometimes talk a good came and he is a good bs'er , but rail was in L.A way before he became Mayor. He acts as if he invented it.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Today's liberal politics and politicians are different than in the past. Example: If you look back at old President Bill Clinton speeches you'll hear him talking about cracking down on 'illegal aliens' , much different than Candidate Hillary Clinton or Obama.

Downtown was built up because of Villaraigosa and Hahn ? Which businesses did they start there? Which properties did they develop?..
I only know one former Mayor that owns businesses in downtown L.A , Richard Riordan.

So only liberal Mayors care about expanding rail transit?..

Riordan was fighting for a rail line all the way to Woodland Hills in the Valley
"The east-west Valley line would continue the Metro Rail line from downtown. The MTA is expected to decide next year between two rival proposals for a Valley route: a mostly subway line starting at the Metro Rail Red Line station in North Hollywood and ending in Woodland Hills, or an elevated line over the Ventura Freeway from Universal City to Woodland Hills."
Riordan Blocks Possible Snag to Valley Rail Line - latimes
Please don't bring up Clinton. You guys hate him because there is a D next to his name. You are a slave to partisanship if you think Riordan was that good of a mayor.

Well let's start with L.A. live and the Microsoft theatre. Also did riordan push for the expo line and rail expansion into the west side?

Old 08-05-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
A good part of the reason LA and Calif. is so liberal is 147 which denied illegals welfare and other freebies which caused them to come out and vote for Democrats in droves and has ever since. They talk with all their friends, and associates, and family and vote for Democrats as a block. There is no hope for this hellhole.
I just noticed the last 5 posts were in a few minutes.
Proof? Do you think saying something over and over again will make it true.

Please leave the hellhole. You won't be missed.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Please don't bring up Clinton. You guys hate him because there is a D next to his name. You are a slave to partisanship if you think Riordan was that good of a mayor.

Well let's start with L.A. live and the Microsoft theatre. Also did riordan push for the expo line and rail expansion into the west side?
Who said they hated Bill Clinton? His wife may have won if she listened to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles