Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 03:34 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,059,032 times

Advertisements

I have no need or desire to ever use street vendors. They should pay rent and taxes like B&M businesses do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 04:03 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Who owns the sidewalk?

Old 11-16-2017, 06:46 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
I thought you were a staunch conservative, don't you support capitalism?

Old 11-16-2017, 08:03 AM

1,122 posts, read 961,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
True . These are some of the practical issues that the advocates of these vendors don't seem to think about .

There was also the guy in the article that ran the hotel and he mentioned how if people are grilling up meat on the street and it goes into the guest hotel rooms they aren't going to be happy .

I don't know I think someone that spent the several hundred thousand or so that it seems to cost to open a brick and mortar should have some priority over someone that came here illegally and set up a little stand on the street .

If this is all these particular immigrants are able to do in order to support themselves maybe we don't need them here?
Just a thought .
Nothing in our constitution says we have to be a dumping ground for the worlds poor.
There has been a food cart down at the corner of Oceangate/Rosecrans in Hawthorne. He is parked right at a gas station (Union 76). He has a bunch of fruit and I have no idea what he is fixing but he's a nuisance. That light there takes forever to turn green and when it does, people are busy looking over at this guy or his customers, and do not pay attention to that damn light. It infuriates me. I could not believe that they let this guy park a cart there. We also have a man who walks around our neighborhood honking a horn with a grocery basket selling corn. Really? It's embarrassing because we are not a third world country. When I have friends over - they will say, "what is that?"

Old 11-16-2017, 08:18 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
I hate being sick. It's no fun being sick. No way will I ever buy anything from a street vendor. I'm not going to take that chance.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:28 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
There has been a food cart down at the corner of Oceangate/Rosecrans in Hawthorne. He is parked right at a gas station (Union 76). He has a bunch of fruit and I have no idea what he is fixing but he's a nuisance. That light there takes forever to turn green and when it does, people are busy looking over at this guy or his customers, and do not pay attention to that damn light. It infuriates me. I could not believe that they let this guy park a cart there. We also have a man who walks around our neighborhood honking a horn with a grocery basket selling corn. Really? It's embarrassing because we are not a third world country. When I have friends over - they will say, "what is that?"
Welllllllllllllll, on the way to being like one.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:51 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
I have no need or desire to ever use street vendors. They should pay rent and taxes like B&M businesses do.
Wait til' you walk back to the train or Uber after a long night of drinking..

Old 11-16-2017, 08:57 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
Welcome to Los Angeles. We had someone like that in my neighborhood that would shout "TAMALES!". We'd stop them and my grandma would get a fresh batch of tamales.

There's a fruit guy on the corner nearby. Sometimes I stop by and get a container. Really hits the spot.

Maybe you should consider just treating yourself. Trust me Squidward.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:51 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Who owns the sidewalk?
Not illegal aliens . Although they sure are acting like they own them .

Old 11-16-2017, 09:41 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
Acting like such suburbanites!

In New York we have street carts all over the place, I don't hear anyone complain about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles