Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 12:09 AM

205 posts, read 409,524 times

Advertisements

Religion is a scam, I rather be a satanist than get ripped off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 07:09 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,945,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse977 View Post
Satanism is a religion.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:45 AM

292 posts, read 569,316 times
Quote:
If religion just stuck with the stuff that makes people
good such as "Thou shalt not kill, love thy neighbor, thou shalt not steal...." I would have no problem with it.
When it tells people to kill gays and that slavery is OK,
and even gives instructions on how a slave should be
beaten, I have a *BIG* problem with it, and I will do
what I can to help it get dismantled.

Check out evilbible.com . A real sobering look at the
Bible and the "god" within.

Now when one of the literaly 10,000+ gods man has come
up with and worshipped through the ages can stop by and say "Howdy!"
to the world, I will no longer be Athiest. In the meantime....

Old 02-12-2018, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
Satanism is a religion.

Yes it is but they don't rip you off and sucker you out of your money. If you want to be a member its $225 for a lifetime membership. If you don't want to pay the membership you can still be a Satanist FOR FREE!!!!!

I am not a Satanist by the way.

Old 02-14-2018, 12:36 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,900,710 times
Quote:
Yes it is but they don't rip you off and sucker you out of your money. If you want to be a member its $225 for a lifetime membership. If you don't want to pay the membership you can still be a Satanist FOR FREE!!!!!
You can also be a Christian for free. You can even attend a church for free. They do ask that you donate into the collection plate, but it's not mandatory.

You can be a Jew for free if you're born one. Synagogues have mandatory annual membership fees, but Chabad might be free.

Most religions are free, but require a fee, or request a donation, to participate with other believers in a particular church, temple, or other building.

Nothing unique about a free religion.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:51 PM

165 posts, read 150,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Right, because communities where women are seen as equal and powerful members and their self-expression and discovery are encouraged are such a "dumb" thing. *eyeroll*

Old 02-17-2018, 06:37 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,189,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Behind a paywall so I can't read it.

I don't really understand Satanism because if you admit the Devil exists aren't you also admitting God exists?
Exactly. It's just that Satanism songs are so much more fun...

Old 02-19-2018, 09:02 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times
Satanism is ridiculous to the extent it rejects entirely the tenets of Abrahamic religions (specifically, Christianity and Judaism), yet retains for itself the central evil character from the mythos of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittle_star View Post
Right, because communities where women are seen as equal and powerful members and their self-expression and discovery are encouraged are such a "dumb" thing. *eyeroll*
Regarding the alleged beliefs of Satanists, however "righteous" and socially acceptable some of them may be, does not change the fact that even "non believing" Satanists are basing their basic tenets on opposing Christianity (and perhaps Judaism but to a much lesser extent). What is entirely ridiculous is the fact that some Satanists are theists and thus find themselves in a religious quagmire. Of the many Satanists who are not believers, they are accepting the atmospherics of religion and in a funny and absurd way. Satanism is for preteens. It is absolutely laughably stupid.

Old 02-21-2018, 04:04 PM

165 posts, read 150,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Satanism is ridiculous to the extent it rejects entirely the tenets of Abrahamic religions (specifically, Christianity and Judaism), yet retains for itself the central evil character from the mythos of both.

Regarding the alleged beliefs of Satanists, however "righteous" and socially acceptable some of them may be, does not change the fact that even "non believing" Satanists are basing their basic tenets on opposing Christianity (and perhaps Judaism but to a much lesser extent). What is entirely ridiculous is the fact that some Satanists are theists and thus find themselves in a religious quagmire. Of the many Satanists who are not believers, they are accepting the atmospherics of religion and in a funny and absurd way. Satanism is for preteens. It is absolutely laughably stupid.
Then perhaps THAT's what you should have said in your initial post, rather than simply stating Satanism is 'dumb.' I don't disagree that Satanism is ridiculous for the reasons you cite. However, I do appreciate that it's helping create a safe space where women can feel equal and empowered, which is absent from most forms of religion. I would prefer that these kinds of safe spaces be created without needing the guise of religious philosophy to 'validate' them, but in our current society (considering who our country just voted into office and the sad necessity of the #metoo movement), any space that supports and creates equality and empowerment for women is a necessary space, imo.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
You can also be a Christian for free. You can even attend a church for free. They do ask that you donate into the collection plate, but it's not mandatory.

You can be a Jew for free if you're born one. Synagogues have mandatory annual membership fees, but Chabad might be free.

Most religions are free, but require a fee, or request a donation, to participate with other believers in a particular church, temple, or other building.

Nothing unique about a free religion.

I know plenty of people who are suckered into giving a certain percentage of their work check to their BS church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles