Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2018, 02:04 PM

42,717 posts, read 25,880,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I'll answer that when you answer the question I posed to you about how you determined that the wage she was being paid was not fair or by your own words "commendable".

Let's not jump around here, respond to the point YOU MADE, then we can move onto another point. Let's not ignore it. That's how a discussion works.
No, you do not get to set the parameters for a discussion, I'm not going to play that game. It's off topic and I doubt if my response would be of any interest to anyone who might read this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 03:11 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,261,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm not sure why you feel compelled to try to smut her up for her "massive debt" and I'm not sure how you know how much debt she had because no one else seems to know. She chose to remain homeless in order to pay off her debt. Debt that she felt a responsibility to pay since she could have easily discharged that debt through bankruptcy.

As far as Disney, given the profit they make, I don't think it's commendable the average hourly wage for Disneyland resort workers dropped to $13.36 from $15.80 in inflation-adjusted dollars between 2000 and 2017.

"Of 17,000 workers represented by the 11 unions, 85 percent now earn less than $15 an hour with more than half earning less than $12, below the poverty line for a family of four, according to a team of researchers at Occidental College and the Economic Roundtable, a Los Angeles nonprofit that drafted the report at the unions’ behest." https://www.ocregister.com/2018/02/2...-survey-finds/
Disneyland runs a business, not a charity.

Old 04-03-2018, 03:21 PM

872 posts, read 587,265 times
The liberal's intentional intense increase in criminal and ex-con vagrants is detrimental to everyone's lives------ free housing and all expenses for life is NOT an option-the GOOD people of this state and country will not accept it
there are millions if not billions of people all over the world that work their butts off all day, everyday WITHOUT the freebies given to dirty jerry's army and vagrants all over the US.... many many of them don't have enough to eat, or other amenities like clean clothes and water ,but, they still work hard and don't want to get high, mess up their surroundings, and hurt other people....no more excuses for the vagrants.....anyone can keep posting excuses for them but...decent people will not believe the left wing's take on this.
Time to round up dirty jerry's army, their cohort, and send them somewhere nice and affordable so they can have health and safety and the taxpayers can too... .the current majority of "homeless" don't want to work ( obviously), they need to learn to do something besides what they are doing, somewhere with lots of armed supervision 24/7

Old 04-03-2018, 03:26 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,938,309 times
Quote:
No, you do not get to set the parameters for a discussion, I'm not going to play that game. It's off topic and I doubt if my response would be of any interest to anyone who might read this thread.
Off topic? You're the one who brought up that Disney wages were not "commendable".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy
As far as Disney, given the profit they make, I don't think it's commendable
You could just say that your comment about Disney's wages and their "fairness/being commendable" really stems from zero experience, nothing factual or even based on reality, just your personal feelings.

We can move on then!

Old 04-03-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
No, no. Disney should be paying Entry level janitors $35 an hour, with full benefits, plus housing vouchers or freedom has no meaning.

Old 04-03-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
So does Costco, funny how they can manage to pay a living wage huh?

Old 04-03-2018, 03:59 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,261,597 times
Quote:
I don't know what the going rate for Costco employees is but things tend to pay relative to the task. I'm sure there's a logical financial reason for having higher wages than janitors and burger flippers, etc. So no, it's not funny.

People make decisions and have to live with them. Some people choose to move to Iowa for opportunity. Some people choose to barely scrape by, not accept help and live in their car (but that mild year round weather!).

Old 04-03-2018, 04:27 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,286,436 times
Quote:
No, no. Disney should be paying Entry level janitors $35 an hour, with full benefits, plus housing vouchers or freedom has no meaning.
Also you forgot stock options too and car allowance.

Old 04-03-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Costco Cashier's start at $14 an hour.

Front End Assistants start at $13 an hour.

You literally, a few posts back, were just bashing Disney for paying a Janitor the same pay saying that you didn't think the wage was "commendable".

Quote:
As far as Disney, given the profit they make, I don't think it's commendable the average hourly wage for Disneyland resort workers dropped to $13.36

Old 04-03-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Costco Cashier's start at $14 an hour.
Front End Assistants start at $13 an hour.
You literally, a few posts back, were just bashing Disney for paying a Janitor the same pay saying that you didn't think the wage was "commendable".
My son worked at Costco 7 or 8 years ago, front end and after 2 years was making $18.50 an hour. He quit after 4 years and was paid around $20-$21 at that time, that was in Reno. He also received fully paid health and dental and tuition assistance. His experience was not unique. Costco Pays Retail Employees $20 An Hour - Business Insider

The lady who died worked for Disney had been a full time employee since 2009, she was a trainer of other housekeepers, and worked 3rd shift which according to other articles has a pay differential, people 'guess' that she made $13 an hour. Here's an article written by one of her co-workers
The Price of Wonderland: Homeless Disney Worker Dies in Car
So yeah I think that's just BS to pay someone who has worked full time for your company and is charged with training employees $13 an hour, especially when it's an employer as powerful and wealthy as Disney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles