Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2018, 07:24 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"I'm concerned that this is an effort to manage the image of homelessness in Los Angeles" for political reasons," Blasi said.
No **** Sherlock. Garcetti is all about the photo op and nothing more.

Quote:
“This award is just like the mayor and his cronies: it's worthless,” said General Dogon, an organizer with the Los Angeles Community Action Network (LACAN)...
Skip to 3:55
https://youtu.be/OuyqPs88qb8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 07:26 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Because drugs are not just a homeless thing.
Never said it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Way too many people do drugs now and the homeless are just a small portion of them. There is a difference between being mentally ill and stupid.
The point I was making is that the portion of the homeless who are mentally a majority of those take drugs which further exasperates their mental illness. I work with the police in my city who deal with our homeless situation and this is the common pattern that that see.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:44 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Article from today

This is really messed up . He shouldn’t be “bribing” neighborhoods this way . The whole city shouldn’t have emcampments or trash all over .

In exchange for accepting the shelters, Garcetti promised neighborhoods that they would get more street cleaning and fewer encampments.“

And this 2sleepy is where the Mayor admits a lot of these homeless are ex-cons .

When asked why, Garcetti lamented that the thousands of people coming out of the criminal justice system and landing on the streets with nowhere to go contributes to the growing numbers. But if that's the case, then he needs to work with — or get in the face of — county and state officials, exhorting them to do a better job of making sure people coming out of jails and prisons have a place to live.“

Garcetti's plans for homeless shelters raise as many questions as they answer

Old 04-17-2018, 08:49 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Article from today
This is really messed up . He shouldn’t be “bribing” neighborhoods this way . The whole city shouldn’t have emcampments or trash all over .

In exchange for accepting the shelters, Garcetti promised neighborhoods that they would get more street cleaning and fewer encampments.“
And this 2sleepy is where the Mayor admits a lot of these homeless are ex-cons .

When asked why, Garcetti lamented that the thousands of people coming out of the criminal justice system and landing on the streets with nowhere to go contributes to the growing numbers. But if that's the case, then he needs to work with — or get in the face of — county and state officials, exhorting them to do a better job of making sure people coming out of jails and prisons have a place to live.“

Garcetti's plans for homeless shelters raise as many questions as they answer
I'm pretty sure I've mentioned, if not in this thread then in other homeless threads, the problem with inmates being homeless upon their release from prison.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm pretty sure I've mentioned, if not in this thread then in other homeless threads, the problem with inmates being homeless upon their release from prison.
But you’ve denied that the homeless commit crime .

But I’m sure you know criminals go on to commit more crime after they are released

Old 04-17-2018, 09:08 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,028 times
Quote:

But I’m sure you know criminals go on to commit more crime after they are released
That would be logical and make sense. 77% of the US Prison population is made up of "repeat offenders".

Old 04-17-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
That's right. I'd have no idea HOW BAD THE HOMELESS PROBLEM IN L.A. HAS GOTTEN unless I had read about it.

Reading comprehension is your friend.
Have you been to LA? The homeless problem isn't hidden in the city. Why would you need to read about it if you've actually been to LA?

Old 04-17-2018, 09:19 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:

Stop it. I never said the homeless do not commit crime and you know it. Now your assumption is that everyone who is released from prison commits criminal offenses after they are released which is not true.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Have you been to LA? The homeless problem isn't hidden in the city. Why would you need to read about it if you've actually been to LA?
I noticed the homeless issue had gotten much worse way before it was in the news .

What the country needs to know also is it’s not just skid row .

Skid row gets all the attention but I think many people would be more shocked at how many homeless there are in Hollywood etc .

Of course the media has a liberal bias so they don’t want to show a liberal Mayor like Garcetti for the failure he is .

This problem exploded under him due to liberal policies and now he is saying it’s an emergency .

He always says stuff like “L.A is welcome to all no matter income “ well look at the result now .

Even setting a tone of saying it’s not a crime to be homeless but laws and rules will be enforced would of sent a strong message .
Now we have chaos and the homeless have taken over in many areas .

Homeless and criminals know this city is soft and weak and they exploit that .

We need a Rudy Giuliani type to clean the city up .

Old 04-17-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
I noticed the homeless issue had gotten much worse way before it was in the news .

What the country needs to know also is it’s not just skid row .

Skid row gets all the attention but I think many people would be more shocked at how many homeless there are in Hollywood etc .

Of course the media has a liberal bias so they don’t want to show a liberal Mayor like Garcetti for the failure he is .

This problem exploded under him due to liberal policies and now he is saying it’s an emergency .

He always says stuff like “L.A is welcome to all no matter income “ well look at the result now .

Even setting a tone of saying it’s not a crime to be homeless but laws and rules will be enforced would of sent a strong message .
Now we have chaos and the homeless have taken over in many areas .

Homeless and criminals know this city is soft and weak and they exploit that .

We need a Rudy Giuliani type to clean the city up .
Homelessness, drug abuse, violent crime are all way up in Los Angeles over the past decade.

In fact drug abuse is now the number one reason for emergency room visits in Los Angeles County. Violent crime has jumped 4 years straight, and now the homeless population has surged 75% over the past 6 years.

Los Angeles is a list of failed leftist/democrat policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles