Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2018, 10:12 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Really? you mean that wasn't you here ALL DAY yesterday typing, typing, typing?? Great story..about you again...
TC ... you really need to come into the modern day internet age ... you know where people can use their cell service from anywhere.

Remember I offered you a free lunch on a military base. Lotsa homeless would love a free lunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 10:38 PM

872 posts, read 595,262 times
Your story was lame. This story is real and not about you
https://www.dailynews.com/2018/06/16...hoots-suspect/

Old 06-16-2018, 10:47 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Da tovarish, Kapitalist made de homeless because beeg price rent. Kapitalist lie and nyot tell truth (pravda). Spread truth of Strong state, everyone get what need.
You sound like my University professor no joke

My TA was trying to tell me that communes come from Communism and we can see communes are self sustaining, blah, blah, blah

I replied if communes worked so well how come they folded after the 70's. He was taken aback a bit.

It's been awhile but there is a master plan of LA floating around showing everyone on bikes and electric cars and the city road dieting us into the ground, really scary, kinda like Garcetti and his homeless gift baskets.

If Newsom wins we gonna get screwed too.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:48 PM

Two more innocent female victims
One more pitiful hopeless private in dirty Jerry's army gets smoked for the libs

Old 06-17-2018, 12:34 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Default At Van Nuys Homeless Center, Police Open Fire on Man Holding Knife to Woman’s Throat, Killing Him and Injuring Her

Here we go again ...
I saw LA times had an article that just mentioned a guy was shot by police and was stabbing women but didn’t mention he was homeless and I knew 99 percent it was a crazy homeless that did this .

This is happening way too often now .

Los Angeles police opened fire on a man who held a knife to a woman’s throat at a Van Nuys homeless services center Saturday afternoon, killing the man and leaving the woman hospitalized, authorities said.

A man who frequents the mission’s Van Nuys Help Center, at 6425 Tyrone Ave., threatened and began attacking people with a large knife, according to witness James Shepard, a disabled veteran.

Responding officers repeatedly told the man to drop the knife but he did not let go of the weapon, according to Shepard, who said the police fired nonlethal rounds.

Hamilton confirmed the officers talked to the man and fired bean-bag rounds. But police felt the woman’s life was in imminent danger, so they ultimately opened fire with live ammunition, Hamilton said.

At Van Nuys Homeless Center, Police Open Fire on Man Holding Knife to Woman’s Throat, Killing Him and Injuring Her | KTLA

Old 06-17-2018, 01:13 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
So it’s my right to go to Malibu or Beverly Hills and setup camp and live on the streets? . If I’m offered shelter in another area I can just refuse ? I can demand to be housed there where homes cost millions ?
You said it’s in the constitution , but it’s not .
Why don’t you see homeless camps in Beverly Hills like you see in L.A Makes you wonder right ?
No it doesn't make me wonder , Los Angeles allows it , Beverly Hills does not allow it.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:29 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Well the liberal mind has a different assessment of what a quality individual is...dirty,messy ol flappy hands...flap and chomp and chew till Ohio is in the toilet! Money money money!! Screw the poor eh johnny!
Your posts make no sense.

Quote:
Two more innocent female victims
One more pitiful hopeless private in dirty Jerry's army gets smoked for the libs
No access to the article unless one is a subscriber, so we have no idea what you're ranting about here.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:20 AM

Yep Jim he was "homeless" the LA Daily news article printed it-

Old 06-17-2018, 08:58 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
So it’s my right to go to Malibu or Beverly Hills and setup camp and live on the streets? . If I’m offered shelter in another area I can just refuse ? I can demand to be housed there where homes cost millions ? You said it’s in the constitution , but it’s not .
Why don’t you see homeless camps in Beverly Hills like you see in L.A Makes you wonder right ?
You know what I have said, and it's not what you are suggesting. The privileges and immunities clause of the Constitution guarantees freedom of movement. That means that you cannot force people to move from where they are, or stay in a particular place unless they are:
  • Breaking a law, i.e trespassing
  • Have been convicted of a crime and sentenced to prison or jail
  • Are detained for 72 hour psychiatric evaluation or have been committed to a mental health facility by a judge
That's not my idea, the founding fathers decided it should be that way, so quit trying to turn it into something else. The idea of rounding up all the homeless and busing them all off to detention centers is laughable, and illegal.

Regarding LA vs Malibu or Beverly Hills, different jurisdictions have different ways of managing the homeless. Maybe you could do some research and find out what the difference are, then tell us ok? As I've said a dozen times, generally speaking a homeless person can be arrested for camping in a public space if a) it is prohibited by municipal or county code -or- b) the person can be offered shelter space within a reasonable distance from where they are and they refuse it.

I didn't dream that up, I didn't write the law - I'm just telling you what it is because after 2638 posts in this there are still people suggesting illegal and or extrajudicial solutions to homelessnessness and I do not suffer fools gladly.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:00 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Here we go again ...
I saw LA times had an article that just mentioned a guy was shot by police and was stabbing women but didn’t mention he was homeless and I knew 99 percent it was a crazy homeless that did this .
This is happening way too often now .
Los Angeles police opened fire on a man who held a knife to a woman’s throat at a Van Nuys homeless services center Saturday afternoon, killing the man and leaving the woman hospitalized, authorities said.
A man who frequents the mission’s Van Nuys Help Center, at 6425 Tyrone Ave., threatened and began attacking people with a large knife, according to witness James Shepard, a disabled veteran.
Responding officers repeatedly told the man to drop the knife but he did not let go of the weapon, according to Shepard, who said the police fired nonlethal rounds.
Hamilton confirmed the officers talked to the man and fired bean-bag rounds. But police felt the woman’s life was in imminent danger, so they ultimately opened fire with live ammunition, Hamilton said.
At Van Nuys Homeless Center, Police Open Fire on Man Holding Knife to Woman’s Throat, Killing Him and Injuring Her | KTLA
Yep jm, here we go again..your justification for locking up all homeless people or at least exiling them from LA is the fact that some of them commit crimes. Ok, fair enough but if you really want to reduce crime then we need to lock up ALL males at 16 and not release them until they are 25 because they commit the majority of all crimes in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles