Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2018, 01:13 PM

42,717 posts, read 25,880,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
yeaterday I was at Starbucks's in Santa Ana with my 91 year old dad who couldn't use the bathroom because homeless had commandeered both bathrooms and he really had to go. We had to drive him home quickly. We weren't attacked or harassed it was just a example of how the homeless negatively impact our lives here all the time. In LA I've had homeless spit on my car window when I don't give them money. You can't bring relatives to Hollywood Blvd without being harassed every ten feet. It's really shocking for my European relatives to see. If you want to check out of society and roam the streets that's on you. I'm sick of them making it a issue in normal people's lives.
Did these homeless people leave the bathroom door open because I'm not quite clear how you know who was using the restrooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 01:23 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,782,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
That describes a significant percentage of the general population as well, of course.
While true, it is irrelevant. Doesn't have anything to do with the price of tea in China. Perhaps you might start a thread titled something like "Crime Among The General Population Of Non-Homeless People" to which we all might contribute.

Old 08-25-2018, 01:23 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,128,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Did these homeless people leave the bathroom door open because I'm not quite clear how you know who was using the restrooms.
There were lots of customers waiting and talking about it. The employees were just shrugging their shoulders. They couldn't do anything about it

Old 08-25-2018, 02:41 PM

21,565 posts, read 16,072,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
It seems to be getting worse out there, folks. Stay safe.

Local student slashed in fight with homeless man - Santa Monica Daily Press

I saw the video report of this on television, and that poor kid looked and sounded like he wouldn't hurt a fly. That homeless cretin should be put down just like we put down any other sick animal that's a threat to society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
That's awful!! That poor student! Totally preventable - that student is permanently damaged due to excons and helpless mentally ill being let out to wander and commit awful crimes like this!
Read the article. Looked at the picture of the “poor college kid”. No idea how you discern he “wouldn’t hurt a fly” ... but ...

So here’s a multiple choice question for you all:

a) a lone 29-year-old homeless guy sees a “group of young college guys who have been out drinking” and says to himself! “Whoa! Perfect! I think this would be a perfect time for me to pull out my piece of broken picture frame and attack overwhelming odds for entertainment! Love it! What could go wrong?”

b) a group of young college guys who have been out fueling up on booze see a homeless guy and start kicking around his stuff and taunting him - until he snaps as says “‘Ef it! If I’m going to get attacked and my stuff kicked around, somebody’s going down with me!”

c) a group of young college guys who have been out fueling up with booze see a homeless guy and start taunting him and kicking him until he grabs a broken piece of picture frame and starts swinging wildly in self-defense ...

Read my post # 3547 as to the profile of the typical people who attack the homeless, sometimes murdering them, before making your selection. You have 1 minute to read and circle your choice.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
While true, it is irrelevant. Doesn't have anything to do with the price of tea in China. Perhaps you might start a thread titled something like "Crime Among The General Population Of Non-Homeless People" to which we all might contribute.
It isn’t one slight bit irrelevant, Sport. Just the opposite. The post was specious in intent to negatively and hyperbolically stereotype a sub-population with widely divergent characters. It was done specifically to broadly vilify and advance fearmongering ... when, in fact, violently criminal behaviors against the homeless by housed people greatly exceed the reverse danger inferred to the public.

Read my post #3547 with links for verification of what I just stated.

Old 08-25-2018, 03:06 PM

872 posts, read 587,265 times
I think that student needs to sue the city and specific "public servants" this needs lawsuits to end I guess.
These people making money off the homeless need jail time.
I'm glad your dad is ok finper but maybe Starbucks needs to get sued too- they must be getting some money for what they are doing - so disgusting
Now that we all know the San Francisco poop patrol make almost 190 k per year
They want it to get hellaciously worse - time to sue

Old 08-25-2018, 03:18 PM

9,810 posts, read 11,051,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Posts like this, and others from you and several more regular contributors to this thread, incite violence against the homeless. Perhaps you somehow missed the numerous references I have contributed previously that illuminate the reality that the homeless are far far more set upon by “housed” persons, than the other way around ... including being murdered ... by the hundreds.

For every report you can post about violence to the housed public by a homeless person, I can counter with 10 (at least) where housed persons have assaulted, and including murdered, homeless. The statistics lead to a summary that the homeless are in danger from housed persons at a rate three times greater than violence against any “protected / special status population” as statistically tracked by the FBI. (The homeless are not considered a “protected class”, btw.).

California, not surprisingly, leads the nation in these attacks. Nationally:

Would you like me to provide you with specific, verified reports of violence against homeless by housed persons? Here, read some for yourself, by the hundreds and hundreds to over 1700 in the past 17 years ... all well documented:
http://nationalhomeless.org/wp-conte...R-2014-151.pdf

And, you know what the profile is for the typical “housed” population attacker? Young white males. Like the young man in your news story. I have no idea if he was completely innocent ... or up to harrassment of the homeless. But I do know that vilification of the homeless, as you so frequently engage in here, contributes to the validation attackers feel in commiting violence against the homeless.

You are actively making a sh**ty situation worse. The homeless live in fear of violence, all the time, especially in fear of young men in groups wandering near or among them.
Tule:

1) Homeless people are not a protected class under federal or California hate crime laws, thus the FBI doesn’t track hate-crime-like violence against the population. Thus you are relying on advocacy groups for information. This raises questions about the veracity of the reports they produce.

2) The fact that homeless people are constantly in danger is a consequence of living on the street and is not in question. Other homeless people routinely rape, assault, batter and rob other homeless people. This is the consequence of living on the street.

3) Minimizing/downplaying/not reporting or not discussing violent crimes committed by bums is akin to what we see the mainstream media doing with Moslems and terrorism, and blacks and violent crimes. The links between these groups are known by all and it is indisputable, but the media downplays them when it is all in plain sight for the purpose of assigning victimhood status to some which cannot be deviated from lest the greater agenda not be accepted by the plebs. In this case, the agenda is to help the homeless and thus we dare not display them as anything but victims. This is one of the reasons we repudiate the mainstream media now. It is full of lies and deception.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 08-25-2018 at 04:42 PM..

Old 08-25-2018, 03:25 PM

9,810 posts, read 11,051,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
yeaterday I was at Starbucks's in Santa Ana with my 91 year old dad who couldn't use the bathroom because homeless had commandeered both bathrooms and he really had to go. We had to drive him home quickly. We weren't attacked or harassed it was just a example of how the homeless negatively impact our lives here all the time. In LA I've had homeless spit on my car window when I don't give them money. You can't bring relatives to Hollywood Blvd without being harassed every ten feet. It's really shocking for my European relatives to see. If you want to check out of society and roam the streets that's on you. I'm sick of them making it a issue in normal people's lives.
THIS. I have had the same experience with relatives visiting from Europe. They insisted on going alone to LA and taking the metro in LA all around. They eventually arrived back to South OC with their mouths dropped, in shock at what we live with in Southern California. It wasn't just the homelessness that shocked them, but it added a lot. They also remarked on the blue line, the tremendous incivility they witnessed towards the elderly. They commented on people being loud (music and yelling) and obnoxious too. The cherry on the cake was the homeless. They kept saying it reminded them of a developing country like Tunisia, but more wild than even that.

Old 08-25-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Tule:

1) Homeless people are not a protected class under federal or California hate crime laws, thus the FBI doesn’t track hate-crime-like violence against the population. Thus you are relying on advocacy groups for information. This raises questions about the veracity of the reports they produce.
OC ... you have no idea how glad I am that you brought this up. Because? Because no, I am NOT “relying on advocacy groups for information.”

Every single one of the reports of violence in the tally is supported by police reports and media coverage. You can consult the “advocacy group” report for the references. I, personally, read through hundreds of them until I’d had enough.
Quote:
Tule:

2) The fact that homeless people are constantly in danger is a consequence of living on the street and is not in question. Other homeless people routinely rape, assault, batter and rob other homeless people. This is the consequence of living on the street.
OC ... I am also glad you brought THIS up. Because? Because no, none of the instances of violence against the homeless in the report are instances of violence against homeless committed by other homeless. Those crimes are not included in the approximately 1700 assaults in the report.
Quote:
Tule:

3) Minimizing/downplaying/not reporting or not discussing violent crimes committed by bums is akin to what we see the mainstream media doing with Moslems and terrorisms, and blacks and violent crimes. The links between these groups are known by all and it is indisputable, but the media downplays them when it is all in plain sight for the purpose of assigning victimhood status to some which cannot be deviated from lest the greater agenda not be accepted by the plebs. In this case, the agenda is to help the homeless and thus we dare not display them as anything but victims. This is one of the reasons we repudiate the mainstream media now. It is full of lies and deception.
OC ... Once again, I am glad you brought this up. Because? Because under-reporting of violence against the homeless is very deep and real. Talk about a sub-class of the population that doesn’t trust authority and thus commonly avoids interactions with / reporting to the cops ... well, the homeless rank about tops in that category. You can read about that in the report also.

The primary reason so many “repudiate the mainstream media” now is because it doesn’t support their biases in an age where so many unqualified and charlatan purveyors offer camaraderie.

You have a nice safe day there in your secure home, sir ... comfortable with your many prejudices

Old 08-25-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
THIS. I have had the same experience with relatives visiting from Europe. They insisted on going alone to LA and taking the metro in LA all around. They eventually arrived back to South OC with their mouths dropped, in shock at what we live with in Southern California. It wasn't just the homelessness that shocked them, but it added a lot. They also remarked on the blue line, the tremendous incivility they witnessed towards the elderly. They commented on people being loud (music and yelling) and obnoxious too. The cherry on the cake was the homeless. They kept saying it reminded them of a developing country like Tunisia, but more wild than even that.
This, on the other hand, seems about right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles