Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2018, 08:40 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times

Advertisements

Google has not yet changed its algorithms to make homeless folk look like angels and victims. I performed a simple search in Google in Los Angeles. While not scientific, these are the most recent attacks involving homeless in LA. Most look to have been committed BY homeless.

LMGTFY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 08:52 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USDefault View Post
More nonsense from the messiah for the violent homeless, purposefully lazy and drug addled. Even physical assault gets a pass from this one. Anyone has a right to be on public land, and to remain there, free from physical violence, a simple point utterly lost on a criminal apologist blinded by political correctness.

Do you see the attitude, readers? Ignore the crime, ignore the criminal, ignore the perpetrator, and blame the innocent. Perhaps all of you, the taxpaying public, should cede all public streets and spaces to criminals, to drug abusers, and to the violent homeless. Are you being physically assaulted? Been a victim of crime? This apologist's solution: just "walk away." Forfeit your liberty, forfeit your property, and to hell with your well-being. Behold the snowflake solution: "walk away." The streets belong to the criminals and to the violent. Not you.
When my kids were little, if they threw a tantrum I knew it was time for them to take a nap. Because explaining realities to them just went in one ear and out the other as they shouted and waved their cute little arms around like crazy in the air, frothing at the mouth.

Yet, here we are, having to explain things ... again ... of course the tantrum throwers won’t hear what’s being explained ... but, for the other readers browsing the thread:

1. - the “physical assault” got “a pass” from the L.A. District Attorney’s Office .... because, after investigation, they found the college drinking buddies’ story not credible.

2. - it is true: “anyone has a right to be on public land, free from physical violence”... absolutely correct!
Including the homeless ... who, in this case, the L.A. District Attorney’s Office determine had had his right violated.

3. - Tulemutt is not the L.A. District Attorney’s Office. Tulemutt had nothing whatsoever to do with the investigation and decision to drop charges.

4. - Contrary to the belief some people have, it IS, in fact, entirely possible to walk away from conflict and call authorities if one feels threatened.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:10 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
You really think crime against homeless is higher than the other way around ?
I just can't understand why it always has to be the homeless against everyone else. No one starts threads on why we need to get rid of the rapists or pedophiles in cities or why we can't bus them off to someplace else. People complain constantly about the homeless being drunks and drug addicted. Let me ask you something. Would any of that crime change if the people who commit those crimes had a place to live?

By narrowing in on the crime that only the homeless commit, you make it sound like any drug addict or alcoholic who has a roof over their head doesn't commit any crime. You certainly take the focus off crime done by anyone else, making it seem that everyone else in the city is just an innocent angel who never does anything wrong. Like, we'll get rid of the homeless and everything will be peachy keen.

You really think if every homeless person is off the street that you won't be robbed, stabbed, shot, or killed? In a city the size of Los Angeles, do you think that when you take the percentage of homeless people who commit crimes and compare them to the entire homeless population, that ratio will be more than the ratio of people in LA who have a roof over their head and still commit crimes compared to all of the people of LA who live in a house?

I'd be really interested to see the percentages on those statistics myself.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:29 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I just can't understand why it always has to be the homeless against everyone else. No one starts threads on why we need to get rid of the rapists or pedophiles in cities or why we can't bus them off to someplace else. People complain constantly about the homeless being drunks and drug addicted. Let me ask you something. Would any of that crime change if the people who commit those crimes had a place to live?

By narrowing in on the crime that only the homeless commit, you make it sound like any drug addict or alcoholic who has a roof over their head doesn't commit any crime. You certainly take the focus off crime done by anyone else, making it seem that everyone else in the city is just an innocent angel who never does anything wrong. Like, we'll get rid of the homeless and everything will be peachy keen.

You really think if every homeless person is off the street that you won't be robbed, stabbed, shot, or killed? In a city the size of Los Angeles, do you think that when you take the percentage of homeless people who commit crimes and compare them to the entire homeless population, that ratio will be more than the ratio of people in LA who have a roof over their head and still commit crimes compared to all of the people of LA who live in a house?

I'd be really interested to see the percentages on those statistics myself.
Non homeless commit crime too but these random attacks always seem to be committed by the homeless .
These people are often known to be violent and unstable but the city has a policy of “tolerating “ these people so these attacks could be prevented .

I’m sure there are tons more attacks that never make it in the news

Old 09-01-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Google has not yet changed its algorithms to make homeless folk look like angels and victims. I performed a simple search in Google in Los Angeles. While not scientific, these are the most recent attacks involving homeless in LA. Most look to have been committed BY homeless.

LMGTFY
Good job and thanks for posting this OC.

I clicked the link and went through the first two pages of stories.

There were 18 ...

7 about the same incident.

Another incident had 3 stories.

Three were stories of non-homeless attacking homeless:

Suspect pleaded not guilty but there’s video of him smashing the homeless guy with a chair on the street:
Quote:
Homeless Attack
Suspect Pleads Not Guilty To Folding Chair Attack On Homeless Man In Venice
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/tag/homeless-attack/
Then this guy ... but it’s San Francisco - not L.A. ... so your LMGTFY search is not limiting to L.A.
Quote:
Man Caught on Video 'Viciously' Kicking Homeless Person Laying on San Francisco Street Arrested
A 58-year-old man has been arrested in connection to a pair of unprovoked attacks caught on video last month in San Francisco.
Samuel Youmtoub, a resident of San Francisco, has been booked into San Francisco County Jail and charged with aggravated assault in both cases, police said.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/c...485869521.html
But the best was this story of an attack on a homeless guy who had defended a 7/11 store clerk against an attack ... so, good samaritan homeless guy gets his ass kicked ... way to go with your LMGTFY search!
Quote:
Homeless Man Beaten, Goes Missing After Defending Attacked 7-Eleven Clerk In Downtown LA
The incident happened at a 7-Eleven store on West Seventh and Olive Streets. Rachel Kim reports.
So, in summary: there are attack stories to be found through your LMGTFY search.
They aren’t all from LA.
They include stories of attacks on homeless by non-homeless.
And there are no results of investigations covered to conclude faults either way ...
and there are no statistical summaries that can be used to answer our question.

Back to your drawing board? Next time try finding a research study that has verifiable compilations?

Old 09-01-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Non homeless commit crime too but these random attacks always seem to be committed by the homeless .
These people are often known to be violent and unstable but the city has a policy of “tolerating “ these people so these attacks could be prevented .

I’m sure there are tons more attacks that never make it in the news
Lmfao ... “always seem” ... to YOU, jm ... because ... that’s only what you want to see. You’re “sure there are more attacks that never make in the news?” .... based on what, jm?

Who is more likely to report an assault?
A housed person attacked by a homeless person?
Or a homeless person attacked by a housed person?

Which of those two avoid the police?

The facts are: there are many more reports of violent assaults against homeless than by homeless. And there are many more unreported attacks against the homeless than by the homeless.

The bunch of you guys are just completely ....

Old 09-01-2018, 11:00 PM

We know the media is biased towards being pro homeless .
It’s similar to their stance on the “undocumented “

Old 09-01-2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
We know the media is biased towards being pro homeless .
It’s similar to their stance on the “undocumented “
Prove it, jm. 1657 violent attacks against the homeless, including 428 murders ... all documented by police reports.. That’s not “biased media”. Are you now suggesting “Fake Police Reports”?

Your turn ...

Old 09-02-2018, 12:17 AM

639 posts, read 1,071,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Lmfao ... “always seem” ... to YOU, jm ... because ... that’s only what you want to see. You’re “sure there are more attacks that never make in the news?” .... based on what, jm?

Who is more likely to report an assault?
A housed person attacked by a homeless person?
Or a homeless person attacked by a housed person?

Which of those two avoid the police?

The facts are: there are many more reports of violent assaults against homeless than by homeless. And there are many more unreported attacks against the homeless than by the homeless.

The bunch of you guys are just completely ....
You make it sound like there's this competition going on between the homeless and the non-homeless with regard to who gets attacked the most. Even though probably they do get attacked more by the non-homeless than vice-versa, we still have the right to walk down the main streets of our cities without fear of getting attacked by some crazy person. I would say this is the responsibility of our government to find a way to make this the case (and housing the mentally ill homeless sounds like a good start). Your idea that if we get harassed it is likely to be our fault by looking or acting a certain way is just ridiculous. It reminds me of what some people say about women who get sexually assaulted by strangers.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis View Post
You make it sound like there's this competition going on between the homeless and the non-homeless with regard to who gets attacked the most. Even though probably they do get attacked more by the non-homeless than vice-versa, we still have the right to walk down the main streets of our cities without fear of getting attacked by some crazy person. I would say this is the responsibility of our government to find a way to make this the case (and housing the mentally ill homeless sounds like a good start). Your idea that if we get harassed it is likely to be our fault by looking or acting a certain way is just ridiculous. It reminds me of what some people say about women who get sexually assaulted by strangers.
Exactly . The streets are no place for the severally mentally ill raving lunatics . It’s not safe for the public or for the lunatic . In San Francisco at least they are talking about forcing the mentally ill homeless into getting treatment (conservatorship) . I believe a majority of L.A citizens would support that idea .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles