Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 09:21 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
A transient man explains the difference between the two terms: The Transient Way: Transients vs Homeless
I’m so illuminated after reading that drivel. So a bum (er, transient) is a person of the earth (and who loves that lifestyle) and ought not be confused with someone who is homeless.

Mmmhmmm

This reads like someone arguing there are 72 genders. Can I get urban dictionary definitions for RV, car, and van dwellers too? Are there special considerations for homeless who are trans, LGBT,homeless by choice, or people of color? No doubt you’ll educate me. I’m particularly interested in two spirit native Americans who are transients (not to be confused with homeless).

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 02-21-2018 at 09:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 09:22 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
That is so right because there can’t possibly be a connection between “transients” and the so-called “homeless.

There isn't a connection, you should get out more. I explained what transients are and how they live. They do not sleep under cardboard or push shopping carts.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There isn't a connection, you should get out more. I explained what transients are and how they live. They do not sleep under cardboard or push shopping carts.
Where shall I get out to more so that I can attain the level of wokeness (about bums) you’d have me attain?

Old 02-21-2018, 09:30 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Where shall I get out to more so that I can attain the level of wokeness (about bums) you’d have me attain?
Go talk to a local cop, that would be a good start

Old 02-21-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
What makes you so sure that I don’t Madam Sleepy?

Old 02-21-2018, 09:48 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Cool. This little tangent points so surgically to one of the key reasons the homeless crisis persists as it does: misidentification and misassociation. Those who complain the loudest and most vituperatively here once again reveal minds shut tight, enscoced in arrogant communities.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:50 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Our local cops are telling us that the homeless are causing a bunch of crime.

They also think the early prisoner release laws are bad too and have also led to an increase in crime.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:57 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Our local cops are telling us that the homeless are causing a bunch of crime.

They also think the early prisoner release laws are bad too and have also led to an increase in crime.
The California State Sheriffs' Association publicly opposed Prop 47, 57, and Sanctuary State policies.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:58 AM

Default Violent homeless man who attacked actress in L.A out on streets again

Amazing that this scumbag is back on the streets. Anybody really think he'll go to being an upstanding member of society.
He hardly spent any time away considering what he did to her.

---
- NCIS actress Pauley Perrette is fearing for her safety after the man who attacked and threatened to kill her is free and back in the neighborhood. And now Perrette's neighbors in Hollywood are sharing those concerns.Actress Pauley Perrette of NCIS fame is of course known for being dramatic. But, she wasn't acting during a long conversation today when she told me how her life was ''forever changed'' after an attack by a homeless man, and she is ''afraid to go out.''

We were talking because we learned her attacker, a transient named David Merck, has apparently been released from a state psychiatric institution , where he was sent after her November 2015 attack .

It got worldwide attention. Merck's release, as far as we know, has not been reported by anyone but us. She says '' I'm afraid the next word i hear about this guy is that he's killed a female.'' What's also alarming for residents in the area of Hollywood around Franklin and the 101 Freeway is that there's technically nothing authorities can really do to protect themselves from this man, until and unless he commits another crime.

Violent homeless man who attacked actress out on streets again - Story | KTTV

Old 02-21-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
The California State Sheriffs' Association publicly opposed Prop 47, 57, and Sanctuary State policies.
Yeah too bad they weren't listened to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles