U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-19-2018, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles (Native)
25,306 posts, read 16,888,585 times
Reputation: 12203

Advertisements

Wow ... homeless woman slashed tires on 96 cars !

So she screwed up hard working people’s days causing them not to be able to get to work .

This was in Jefferson Park , not a high income area . A real shame .


LOS ANGELES — A woman was in custody Wednesday on suspicion of slashing tires on nearly 100 parked vehicles in a Jefferson Park neighborhood overnight, police said.

The vandalism was reported at various locations on or near the 3300 block of Montclair Street, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Many of the affected residents said they became aware of the damage when they went to get into their cars this morning to go to work. A total of 96 vehicles parked on streets in front of residences were vandalized, police said.

https://www.dailynews.com/2018/09/19...ehicles-in-la/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-19-2018, 03:34 PM
 
Location: On the water.
16,392 posts, read 9,263,053 times
Reputation: 13559
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Wow ... homeless woman slashed tires on 96 cars !

So she screwed up hard working people’s days causing them not to be able to get to work .

This was in Jefferson Park , not a high income area . A real shame .


LOS ANGELES — A woman was in custody Wednesday on suspicion of slashing tires on nearly 100 parked vehicles in a Jefferson Park neighborhood overnight, police said.

The vandalism was reported at various locations on or near the 3300 block of Montclair Street, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Many of the affected residents said they became aware of the damage when they went to get into their cars this morning to go to work. A total of 96 vehicles parked on streets in front of residences were vandalized, police said.

https://www.dailynews.com/2018/09/19...ehicles-in-la/
Wow! Non-homeless people NEVER do bad things! Except for the ten’s of thousands of times they do every year in L.A. as I can start posting links to for comparison ... like I did a couple months ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 03:51 PM
 
872 posts, read 358,843 times
Reputation: 745
That's awful jm -more totally preventable crime and burden on working folks -- I guess the " public servants "couldn't very well hide this one-it's all over the net and social media- people are furious!!!!
Think she's already back out for more fun at taxpayers expense? Maybe she'll slash a few people next
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 04:35 PM
 
872 posts, read 358,843 times
Reputation: 745
The more damage, violence and harm to people and communities the vagrants and mentally ill perpetrate, the more the "public servants" vendors and advocates want to "allocate" hundreds if millions of dollars to give them free homes and everything else so they can continue the proce$$
That's what's happening now and its their plan for the future -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Washington state
5,610 posts, read 3,156,202 times
Reputation: 17309
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
How about buying everyone a bus ticket back to where they were born?

You go back to where you were born. I sure ain't going back to the Midwest, not after having left 45 years ago. You'll have to do better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
The more damage, violence and harm to people and communities the vagrants and mentally ill perpetrate, the more the "public servants" vendors and advocates want to "allocate" hundreds if millions of dollars to give them free homes and everything else so they can continue the proce$$
That's what's happening now and its their plan for the future -
This is why I think we will be able to eventually put homeless people with mental issues back into institutions and I think we should take a hard look at putting people who are addicts and drunks into forced rehab centers, too. Sure, it'll cost money, but look at the money that would be saved if we could detox even 50% of those people.

I'm all for rights, but you lose that right when you do something that harms someone else and get sent to jail. Rehab and institutions would simply be alternative places other than jail that people get sent to, for the same reasons.

To me, those people don't have a homeless issue. They have an addiction and/or mental issue and they need to be addressed differently from the way you address those who are not addicts but are still homeless.

I'm bopping out of this thread for now. I have 3 more days of watching show jumping live at the WEG and I really want to watch those events. It's just that they start at 6am and if they're all as long as today's event was, I'm not going to have much time for anything else.

Y'all take care now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 08:18 PM
 
Location: So Ca
18,616 posts, read 17,052,088 times
Reputation: 16228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
...OTH, a sober, battered spouse with 3 kids, who holds a Master’s degree in business and has experience in manufacturing development is likely a pretty reasonable bet to get out of a shelter post haste.
True. Here's a success story.

Shimatsu has spent years on a waiting list for a kidney transplant, and for more than a year, she parked the Toyota in the lot of the Glendale hospital where she gets dialysis treatment. At night, unable to afford a home on her disability check, she curled up in the back seat of the Corolla, closed her eyes and went to sleep.

We’ve stayed in touch since then. Shimatsu reads the paper and sends me her thoughts on current events. But 10 days ago she had another reason to check in.

“Hey Steve,” she wrote, “just wanted to let you know that I’m no longer homeless.”

So that’s one down, more than 50,000 to go here in the homeless capital of the United States. If you look at it that way, you can easily get discouraged about the monumental human catastrophe and the sprawl of tent cities. But rather than dwell on that now, I decided to take a look at how Shimatsu made it home, and to see if there’s something we can learn from her experience.


Last year, she was sleeping in her car. Today she's proof homeless stories can have happy endings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 09:29 PM
 
Location: Laguna Niguel, Orange County CA
9,809 posts, read 8,519,497 times
Reputation: 7923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Wow! Non-homeless people NEVER do bad things! Except for the ten’s of thousands of times they do every year in L.A. as I can start posting links to for comparison ... like I did a couple months ago?
Come on now. Show us a case where the non homeless have slashed the tires on 97 cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 09:38 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
35,433 posts, read 16,372,187 times
Reputation: 26041
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Come on now. Show us a case where the non homeless have slashed the tires on 97 cars.
"Santa Cruz County authorities have arrested two male teenagers from Soquel who are suspected of slashing hundreds of car tires and dropping a large rock onto a passing car on state Highway 1." https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...n-passing-car/

There are plenty of other similar news stories in case one isn't good enough for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 10:08 PM
 
Location: On the water.
16,392 posts, read 9,263,053 times
Reputation: 13559
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
"Santa Cruz County authorities have arrested two male teenagers from Soquel who are suspected of slashing hundreds of car tires and dropping a large rock onto a passing car on state Highway 1." https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...n-passing-car/

There are plenty of other similar news stories in case one isn't good enough for you
Lmfao ...

Man arrested after slashing nearly 80 tires

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/on-a...144497395.html

Man arrested for drunkenly slashing tires of nine vehicles

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/05/...tire-slashing/

Tire slashing suspects arrested - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

Police arrested suspect for slashing 18 tires

https://kstp.com/news/2-juveniles-ar...sing-/4889197/

... I can go on all night. 16 school buses, 30 cars, 80 cars, 10 police vehicles, ...

Funny thing about tire slashings: incidents almost always involve multiple vehicles, not singles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2018, 11:23 PM
 
Location: Laguna Niguel, Orange County CA
9,809 posts, read 8,519,497 times
Reputation: 7923
Even the worst of all of the cases posted involved fewer (80) slashings than the instant case. Note too that even in that case the slashing were over the span of two months whereas in our case it was in an evening. The scale is significantly different, brazen, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:57 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top