U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2018, 12:57 AM

10,665 posts, read 10,403,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well, another Exitus quote for my bookmarks of instances where you advocate violence against the homeless.

The sad state of the park, I agree on. Advocating violence against the homeless is advocating illegal and immoral actions be taken by people who should have the intellect and character to find non-violent solutions.

For the last time, I advocated a free helicopter ride for somebody who committed a deplorable act of disfiguring a young man for no reason other than the young man was in the homeless man's territory. I did not advocate any such thing for anybody simply for their being homeless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 07:39 AM

17,000 posts, read 15,972,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
For the last time, I advocated a free helicopter ride for somebody who committed a deplorable act of disfiguring a young man for no reason other than the young man was in the homeless man's territory. I did not advocate any such thing for anybody simply for their being homeless.
You didn't?

Quote:
No sane locals can have a picnic, play catch with their kids, etc., due to the overwhelming number of homeless. How pathetic. The SMPD should get their hands on a whole bunch of electric cattle prods and get to the business of making that park usable for local residents, not mentally deranged creepazoids who have no consideration for anybody other than themselves.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:57 AM

872 posts, read 330,410 times
How about free metro link to Colton ....Exitus? Did YOU suggest that or a "public servant" ?- a bureaucratic method of getting the vagrants out of town after the city gets their millions it seems..
We have billions of dollars to build facilities with and have raised several generations to be dependent on welfare with criminal activity for financial supplementation --BUT they make more money for the elite as the fill the streets and other public areas..
HUGE opportunities in Colton and the rest of the IE... for the public servants, advocates, and vendors...everyone else gets to suffer--- endless supply being trained to fail and get released...whats one or two ? Not much to dirty jerry and evil eric ..
https://www.dailynews.com/2018/10/27...ey-identified/

Last edited by TCROX; 10-29-2018 at 09:08 AM..

Old 10-29-2018, 09:07 AM

872 posts, read 330,410 times
Riverside via LA metro link? .... its public property.. anyone gets to have it or live in it: sell what you can for drug money...if you get caught then you get a free ride around town and get attention from really high paid baby sitters-- time it just right and there is a meal in it for you..but ,no ...you can't stay in a nice facility and get sober..you MIGHT be able to stay IF you do something REALLY awful.... besides sober could lead to thinking for your self and having a job etc.... that would take you out of the income stream for the elitists addressing homeless problem ....ooops! opportunity...

MORE totally preventable crime https://www.dailynews.com/2018/10/27...erside-center/
More time, money and resources thrown at this orchestrated human tragedy

Old 10-29-2018, 10:44 AM

14,400 posts, read 8,348,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis View Post
Don't tell me you all are *still* arguing about the homeless situation. I thought you'd have all figured it out by now.

The mainstream media might not be fake, but the main stories are all propaganda these days, whether on the right or left. I stopped watching CNN because it was as if it was an autoplay, cycling the same few stories of the day about Trump and how horrible he is. I'm no Trump supporter but really I wish you could see actual news like in the old days when they'd go through a bunch of stories on different topics, not just trash the president. They had their biases but they tried to present an actual news show.

I rarely see homelessness mentioned except in the major local California news websites. They have a liberal bent typically, and mainly seem to like presenting individual people's stories. Sometimes also recent proposals to deal with the homeless situation are discussed. The stories seem to be more in the news category than propaganda category to me since they don't seem (to me at least) to be ardently promoting an agenda.
Hello Genghis ... I “figured [homelessness] out” a long time ago ... by becoming educated to the causes and issues, through personal involvement with a segment of that community’s problems (veterans), and by the interactive association of living in daily proximity to some of the population that experiences the condition.

And the reason I camp out often on threads about homelessness on this forum is to provide accuracy and balance to the myths and counterproductive vituperation spread by posters ignorant of the realities.

Does that seem unreasonable to you?

Chuckling at your wishing I “could see the actual news in the old days” ... or did you mean “you” in the generic, public, sense? I am in my 70’s. I remember well: Edward R. Murrow, Huntley-Brinkley, and Cronkite, et al.

I agree with your frequent sense of media “auto-play” ... on many issues they cover. And CNN is certainly a prime culprit.

That said, I disagree with your characterization that it is “all propaganda”. Propaganda would infer that competing media companies are acting in consort to alter public behavior to a common benefit for the media. Other than NPR, the various commercial media have only one thing in common: profit incentive. Their business is basically entertainment through providing coverage of current events. Which they are doing - each somewhat according to their preferences - independent of one another. Thus, when it appears conspiratorial it is because, individually, most of the owners, management, editors, individually find their best and preferred opportunities in similar approach of coverage. Not because they are mutually trying to influence public behavior.

They are responding to the public’s consumption preferences. When so much of leading media focuses on negative coverage of Trump they are placing their business interests in covering what the majority of consumers respond to with readership. This equals dollars. The considerable majority of Americans desire to read / hear negative coverage of Trump’s antics.

Chump, himself, doesn’t mind one bit, in spite of his disingenuous protests. He plays the media like a fiddle to get negative coverage. It suits his style and agenda of vilification of others; being an underdog; his preferred self-image of being a fighter; being maligned by ‘bad guys’; preaching conspiracies (especially media conspiracies) ... etc.

He loves it. He laps it up.

And, they love him, inspite of the character of their coverage. CNN, NY Times, Wash Post, et al are all having banner business growth cycles with this presidency’s persistent chaotic absurdities. Those media were struggling to evolve into the internet formats until Chump came along and gave them what they needed. Their subscriptions and readership,are soaring.

As to media coverage of the homeless issues? You say it seems more news-like than policy driven. Good observation.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:18 AM

14,400 posts, read 8,348,397 times
Quote:
In a span of three days last August you posted at least three separate calls to physically harm - including kill - a homeless American citizen. You said “... filthy animals like that ...” “... should be “removed from the civilized world ...”

“Animals”, is plural... and inferential of other homeless. Meanwhile, in fact, the “filthy animal” you referred to was cleared of the charges by the LA County prosecutor’s office.

Regardless of these persons’ lack of character and lack of conformations to societal standards you (and I) hold dear, regardless of their possible crimes, the “punishments” you advocate for are not allowable in our civilized society.

Now you protest that you meant only this one individual in spite of your posting history of deprecation and vilification of all homeless? And you protest that you have not advocated violence against the homeless generically?

Except you just did ... again:
Quote:
... The SMPD should get their hands on a whole bunch of electric cattle prods and get to the business of making that park usable for local residents, not mentally deranged creepazoids who have no consideration for anybody other than themselves.
Plain as the nose on your face.

Exitus, do you have any grasp at all of why the late senator John McCain and so many other prominent Americans in leadership so vocally protested waterboarding and other torture of prisoners of war?

1. To set a standard for the treatment of possible future American POW’s ...

2. To confirm a standard of our culture’s ethics in general ... we will not revert and stoop to animal-like behavior in reaction to any offenses by others.

Get on board, sir ... you with your pompously judgemental condescensions of others.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:01 PM

3,480 posts, read 1,917,651 times
Quote:
Hello Genghis ... I “figured [homelessness] out” a long time ago ... by becoming educated to the causes and issues, through personal involvement with a segment of that community’s problems (veterans), and by the interactive association of living in daily proximity to some of the population that experiences the condition.

And the reason I camp out often on threads about homelessness on this forum is to provide accuracy and balance to the myths and counterproductive vituperation spread by posters ignorant of the realities.

Does that seem unreasonable to you?

Chuckling at your wishing I “could see the actual news in the old days” ... or did you mean “you” in the generic, public, sense? I am in my 70’s. I remember well: Edward R. Murrow, Huntley-Brinkley, and Cronkite, et al.

I agree with your frequent sense of media “auto-play” ... on many issues they cover. And CNN is certainly a prime culprit.

That said, I disagree with your characterization that it is “all propaganda”. Propaganda would infer that competing media companies are acting in consort to alter public behavior to a common benefit for the media. Other than NPR, the various commercial media have only one thing in common: profit incentive. Their business is basically entertainment through providing coverage of current events. Which they are doing - each somewhat according to their preferences - independent of one another. Thus, when it appears conspiratorial it is because, individually, most of the owners, management, editors, individually find their best and preferred opportunities in similar approach of coverage. Not because they are mutually trying to influence public behavior.

They are responding to the public’s consumption preferences. When so much of leading media focuses on negative coverage of Trump they are placing their business interests in covering what the majority of consumers respond to with readership. This equals dollars. The considerable majority of Americans desire to read / hear negative coverage of Trump’s antics.

Chump, himself, doesn’t mind one bit, in spite of his disingenuous protests. He plays the media like a fiddle to get negative coverage. It suits his style and agenda of vilification of others; being an underdog; his preferred self-image of being a fighter; being maligned by ‘bad guys’; preaching conspiracies (especially media conspiracies) ... etc.

He loves it. He laps it up.

And, they love him, inspite of the character of their coverage. CNN, NY Times, Wash Post, et al are all having banner business growth cycles with this presidency’s persistent chaotic absurdities. Those media were struggling to evolve into the internet formats until Chump came along and gave them what they needed. Their subscriptions and readership,are soaring.

As to media coverage of the homeless issues? You say it seems more news-like than policy driven. Good observation.

Hardly..... more people watch HGTV then CNN

Old 10-29-2018, 12:15 PM

599 posts, read 836,775 times
Quote:

I don't think the left-wing media are necessarily acting in consort, although I do get the impression that the New York Times, and to a lesser extent the Washington Post, are their leaders and provide inspiration to the others. I do think they are trying influence public behavior by trashing Trump, and at the same time they know they are increasing profits by the constant "breaking news" about his latest shocking comment or whatever. It's hard to say how much is profiteering/entertainment and how much is propagandizing, but you certainly can do both at the same time. I don't think it's a very effective form of propaganda though since it's basically preaching to the choir and also serves Trump's interests by portraying him as the victim of "Fake News" which will inspire his base.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:35 PM

10,665 posts, read 10,403,347 times
Quote:
In a span of three days last August you posted at least three separate calls to physically harm - including kill - a homeless American citizen. You said “... filthy animals like that ...” “... should be “removed from the civilized world ...”

“Animals”, is plural... and inferential of other homeless. Meanwhile, in fact, the “filthy animal” you referred to was cleared of the charges by the LA County prosecutor’s office.

Regardless of these persons’ lack of character and lack of conformations to societal standards you (and I) hold dear, regardless of their possible crimes, the “punishments” you advocate for are not allowable in our civilized society.

Now you protest that you meant only this one individual in spite of your posting history of deprecation and vilification of all homeless? And you protest that you have not advocated violence against the homeless generically?

Except you just did ... again:

Plain as the nose on your face.

Exitus, do you have any grasp at all of why the late senator John McCain and so many other prominent Americans in leadership so vocally protested waterboarding and other torture of prisoners of war?

1. To set a standard for the treatment of possible future American POW’s ...

2. To confirm a standard of our culture’s ethics in general ... we will not revert and stoop to animal-like behavior in reaction to any offenses by others.

Get on board, sir ... you with your pompously judgemental condescensions of others.

I believe that a person who approaches another person, who is unarmed, and accuses them of being in their territory or something of the sort an then assaults them with a deadly weapon to the point where they're permanently disfigured, is a filthy, disgusting, abhorrent animal. I stand by that, I own it, and nothing more. I NEVER stated people should receive capital punishment for being homeless and you know that. Case closed.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:04 PM

3,480 posts, read 1,917,651 times
Quote:
I passed by Lincoln Park in SM again today. Good grief, most of that park is tennis courts, but of the green space portion, it's unusable by local residents due to the homeless. No sane locals can have a picnic, play catch with their kids, etc., due to the overwhelming number of homeless. How pathetic. The SMPD should get their hands on a whole bunch of electric cattle prods and get to the business of making that park usable for local residents, not mentally deranged creepazoids who have no consideration for anybody other than themselves.

"Don't go away mad. Just go away." ~Vince Neil
I went to tiny tots preschool there. I played in the play ground every day. Is there still a play ground there? I learned to roller skate on the basketball courts. Now I couldn't step one foot in that park safely. My friends mother still lives across the street from that park and I really fear for her safety. We moved away in 1975 and about that time we started noticing a big influx of homeless at that park so It's been going on for years and years. There's not many parks in SM so poor kids your outta luck the homeless rule SM now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles