Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 10:49 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And the 2 billion HUD supposedly designated for the homeless apparently went nowhere except into funding the machiavellian scheme of issuing 'rapid rehousing vouchers' which provide for subsidized housing for 3-9 months and after which time the tenant is responsible for 100% of the market rate rent. The feds diverted funds from group homes, sober living centers and transitional housing to fund this joke of a program

I thought you said you were for temporary housing so they can get back on their feet instead of permanent housing or the lice ridden shelters as you call them? my mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 11:06 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I thought you said you were for temporary housing so they can get back on their feet instead of permanent housing or the lice ridden shelters as you call them? my mistake.
Some posters are for BOTH temp and permanent housing, basically for anything and irrespective of the costs or impact on attracting more homeless to a given area. This is especially the case when they pay little or no income tax and others like us have to shoulder the costs for the homeless.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:15 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Some posters are for BOTH temp and permanent housing, basically for anything and irrespective of the costs or impact on attracting more homeless to a given area. This is especially the case when they pay little or no income tax and others like us have to shoulder the costs for the homeless.
Again with unsubstantiated (false) claim about benefits attracting homeless to move to new areas. Prove it. You’ve been shown otherwise about a bazillion times over years of postings here. You deny but can’t challenge with anything but pure opinion.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:18 AM

872 posts, read 595,907 times
Its temporary alright- and heap big money! permanent, unsupervised housing would be a sweet plum- who will manage it- more mysterious entities.....
https://www.dailynews.com/2018/11/04...to-square-one/

c'mon social democrat, I'll bet you're jealous if you aren't one of the "helpers" ...ooooh ....all that money -for "reaching out" and "counseling" the "homeless" while they are high, coming down, or jonesing- the tears, the confusion...just get 'em to sign the paper for your bonus....heart of ice, nerves of steel, and sky high cholesterol levels due to the extravagant dining when you get off work....
or maybe thats beneath you- you are a social democrat after all..why not be a plantation owner...knock elbows with the big boys and get a case load of "homeless " to manage all your own....
New BIG money coming in 2019- where will you be ?? (not outside like the clients of course)..remember ...its your slice of well over a billion taxpayer dollars with NO accountability...the left wing American dream--

Old 11-08-2018, 11:42 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Don't try to twist what I have said. There are different kinds of temporary housing, group homes and transitional housing are not the same as the HUD rapid rehousing program.

Not all homeless are the same, some homeless are on the streets simply because they don't have a job but they are capable of working, if they get into transitional or temporary housing they have a better chance of getting a job because they will have access to showers and won't stink when they show up for job interviews. The elderly, disabled and mentally ill probably need supportive housing for the rest of their lives. People with serious substance abuse problems are less likely than any other group to remain in housing even when it's offered so probably the best solution is to give them a clean bed to sleep in at night so that law enforcement can legally stop them from creating sidewalk encampments.

As far as HUD rapid rehousing, think about it for a minute. That program is usually offered to homeless families, they are basically given a free or very low rent rental for 3-9 months. The rent is market rate so the minute that voucher expires the family is on the hook for the full monthly rent. Let's assume that market rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,000 a month. If they were to spend half of their gross salary on rent they would need to have a gross annual income of $48,000. How does a family go from sleeping in a car to earning $48,000 a year in 3-9 months?

Last edited by 2sleepy; 11-08-2018 at 11:58 AM..

Old 11-08-2018, 12:22 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
And some posters don't seem to be here for anything other than to disparage other posters, but I have to admit that's easier than having a rational fact based discussion

Old 11-08-2018, 12:22 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,403 times
Again rox, what??? You're just aimlessly ranting. Go for a walk and chill dude.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:32 PM

872 posts, read 595,907 times
Request denied...besides...I'm not a social democrat so- I can make my own itinerary for the day and I earn the right to do it.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:37 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
/\ /\ /\
Uh, what?
He speaks QAnon.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:38 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,403 times
Only a suggestion brah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles