Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2019, 07:51 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,136,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I do recall agreeing with you several times in the past. This seems to ring a bell. But how does it demonstrate that “special class status” has been officially granted? ... or that you are being denied the right to enjoy your property?
The right to quiet enjoyment which necessarily includes excluding people from living on public property immediately in front on your own property, is part of the bundle of rights understood at common law as property rights. It includes the right to exclude others!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 07:55 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
The right to quiet enjoyment which necessarily includes excluding people from living on public property immediately in front on your own property, is part of the bundle of rights understood at common law as property rights. It includes the right to exclude others!
I'm not sure how/why this is happening to you. I have a sprinkler in my front yard that goes off every time when any activity is detected, its purpose was to chase feral cats off who had turned our front yard into a litter box, but I am sure the same $25 device would serve to keep the homeless off of your property.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:02 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,178,201 times
Quote:
You don’t. You can simply go back, find the post you say we agreed on, and quote .... voila!

I think you’re maybe having a hard time finding it because exactly none of the few posts you and I have ever agreed on demonstrate there is any official grant of “special class” status to the homeless ... or that there is any official law restricting owners from enjoying their properties.

But I’m quite interested to see what you think you can pass off in that regard.
In Huntington Bach it's against the law to camp overnight on the sand or even smoke a cigarette. Every night we see the homeless tents on the benches and cliffs overlooking the beach. The cops don't do anything about it. There's a old guy that's been living on a bench for years. He has the best view rent free. He's very mean so no one can go near him or even think of sitting near him. His debris is all over around the bench. This has been going on for YEARS! I see with my own eyes they get special class and it's not fair to hard working citizens who can't even enjoy the beach anymore

Old 01-05-2019, 08:04 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,331,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I understand the frustrations of having homeless activities in any neighborhood. What I challenged jm to provide was any citation of official granting of “special class” status ... or any government restriction of enjoying one’s property to favor the homeless. So far, no one has backed up any such status, laws, statutes, policies ... just personal expressions of frustration over how things “ought to be”. Which I understand. But the claims that are thrown around on this thread are hyperbole.

Here’s the exchange that started my challenge :
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
The homeless are put above homeowners and taxpayers as a protected class . The homeless are allowed to trash and litter neighborhoods, but the homeowner is not allowed to enjoy their property.
No common sense .

Did you take a look at the video in the link I posted ?
Quote:
Please cite how homeless have been legally assigned “protective class status”.

Please cite how homeowners are not allowed to enjoy their properties.

By “cite”, I mean link the readers to any sort of official, government decrees or laws or statutes

, or similar.

Or are you simply referring to the general chaos of daily life unfolding and twisting and turning? ... which has nothing to do with “protected classes” or governmental property restrictions.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:06 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,652,632 times
Quote:
I do recall agreeing with you several times in the past. This seems to ring a bell. But how does it demonstrate that “special class status” has been officially granted? ... or that you are being denied the right to enjoy your property?
My point was that homeless people in Los Angeles are given a free pass for doing things such as loitering, camping on sidewalks, trespassing, etc., while regular people will be confronted by LEO's and have their wallets lightened for storing their belongings on sidewalks, trespassing on private property, etc.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
The homeless are put above homeowners and taxpayers as a protected class . The homeless are allowed to trash and litter neighborhoods, but the homeowner is not allowed to enjoy their property.
No common sense .

Did you take a look at the video in the link I posted ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
In Huntington Bach it's against the law to camp overnight on the sand or even smoke a cigarette. Every night we see the homeless tents on the benches and cliffs overlooking the beach. The cops don't do anything about it. There's a old guy that's been living on a bench for years. He has the best view rent free. He's very mean so no one can go near him or even think of sitting near him. His debris is all over around the bench. This has been going on for YEARS! I see with my own eyes they get special class and it's not fair to hard working citizens who can't even enjoy the beach anymore
Finper, I understand these stories are real and frustrating. But they aren’t what I asked jm to provide: citations of specific laws, statutes, policies or any granting of special class status.

The reason no one is providing any hard, official policy citations is: there aren’t any. It’s just more endless bullcrap.

The bunch of you are frustrated and think that makes it okay to post hyperbolic fiction.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
My point was that homeless people in Los Angeles are given a free pass for doing things such as loitering, camping on sidewalks, trespassing, etc., while regular people will be confronted by LEO's and have their wallets lightened for storing their belongings on sidewalks, trespassing on private property, etc.
I understand that is your, and several other posters’, point. But the declaration jm made is total fiction. And so is any attempt to agree with those statements.

There is no special class status ... there is no policy restricting enjoyment of your properties.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Because it's like herding cats. To do anything meaningful would require hiring 3 times more cops than HBPD has and covering the entire area 24/7 and even then, if a cop called in sick his area would be repopulated within hours. If this was easy it would have been fixed a long time ago. This is a link to HBPD incident/crime reports, it's clear that the cops aren't just hanging out eating donuts all day.
https://www.crimereports.com/agency/...a#!/dashboard?

Old 01-05-2019, 09:25 PM

872 posts, read 595,388 times
This story pretty much defines the symbiotic relationship the police in LA and all over California have with pushing the vagrant socio-economic agenda
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/...-homelessness/
From the article
“The woman who reported the sexual assault is adamant that she was raped. Similarly, the Sheriff’s Office reaffirmed its confidence in the arrest, but declined comment on the charging decision.”

Old 01-05-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
This story pretty much defines the symbiotic relationship the police in LA and all over California have with pushing the vagrant socio-economic agenda
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/...-homelessness/
From the article
“The woman who reported the sexual assault is adamant that she was raped. Similarly, the Sheriff’s Office reaffirmed its confidence in the arrest, but declined comment on the charging decision.”
Symbiotic relationship between the police and vagrants? Maybe you should have read the article, this is what it says:
Quote:
This story has been updated to reflect that the suspect was released after the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office declined to charge him.
So hurry and edit your post while you still have time so that it can reflect that it is not LAPD who has this "symbiotic relationship" but the DA's office
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles