Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2018, 12:39 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Portland is at least as bad too. They go where they can survive on their lifestyle, so the cities with lenient drug policies and liberal feel-gooder handouts have the most homeless problems. Chicken and egg thing.
No. They don't go. Read the links in my previous several posts right before this. Most homeless do NOT migrate. Not for benefits. Not for weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 12:39 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Portland is at least as bad too. They go where they can survive on their lifestyle, so the cities with lenient drug policies and liberal feel-gooder handouts have the most homeless problems. Chicken and egg thing.
Yeah we know this but the liberals will never admit it .

It’s a fact there is a big criminal element among the homeless population too .

The areas with high concentration of homeless have higher crime .

If the homeless don’t commit crime why are so many police dedicated to skid row and why is crime so high there?

Old 02-26-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah we know this but the liberals will never admit it .

It’s a fact there is a big criminal element among the homeless population too .

The areas with high concentration of homeless have higher crime .

If the homeless don’t commit crime why are so many police dedicated to skid row and why is crime so high there?
No, you don't “know”. You think because of your lack of education on the topic you obsess over.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:45 PM

The homeless disaster in L.A is entirely owned by the Dems and their failed regressive policies .

Old 02-26-2018, 12:51 PM

I take the word of LAPD Captains that work the area over liberal trolls that don’t even live in L.A any day of the week .

I’d suggest everyone else reading this forum does the same .

The homeless advocates want to make it seem like all the homeless are just down on their luck angels which is nonsense. Huge criminal element among the homeless . Just the facts.

Then they’ll say “oh but they aren’t committing “ serious crimes “

But the homeless have murdered random people in L.A .. I guess it’s not serious enough to them .

“Homelessness isn’t a crime” is their slogan .

LAPD Capt. Marc Reina, who took over Central Division on Christmas Day, has made it a priority to increase officer visibility and flexibility with Downtown patrols. He doesn’t deny that people feel the environment is more dangerous, but notes that he must respond to anecdotal experiences and LAPD statistics in a quickly shifting community.

“Much of the increase in violent crime can be traced to Skid Row, which is seeing a nearly 10% boost in the category compared to last year, according to Reina.

“Much of the concerning activity happens in the Historic Core, which has a direct connection to Skid Row,” Reina said.”

Is Downtown L.A. Getting More Dangerous? | News | ladowntownnews.com

Old 02-26-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
This is logical. Sure it could be some random crazy rapist ala "Patrick Bateman" but it's far more likely it's other homeless who are engaging in the crime itself.
Yeah but I guess rape isn’t considered “a serious crime” when the homeless do it .
According to the delusional homeless advocates .

Their war cry is “homelessness is not a crime”

Old 02-26-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Yeah but I guess rape isn’t considered “a serious crime” when the homeless do it .

Homelessness isn't a crime. Rape is.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:31 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Homelessness isn't a crime. Rape is.
Gun ownership isn't a crime. Murdering people is.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Gun ownership isn't a crime. Murdering people is.
Another non sequitur from you. Unless you can somehow explain how your comment ties in to the discussion?

Old 02-26-2018, 03:21 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:

No one that I'm aware of has said that rape isn't a crime, but in case you forgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Strange question there...Of course it's a serious crime and if they apprehend the perpetrator it's prosecuted. As far as how do I feel about it? I've worked with homeless and poor women for decades and have fought hard to get them safe sleeping places, that should tell you how I feel about it. But one thing to keep in mind, not all homeless women who are raped are assaulted by homeless men.
But being homeless is not in itself a crime any more than is offensive behavior on an internet forum. Not everything that offends your sensibilities or mine is against the law
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles