Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2018, 11:32 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
I heard its really really hard to get on section 8 housing and alot of it is really ghetto and frequently does not meet code or if it does meet code its just barely.

If I outlive my wife I have thought about moving to Russia, I talk to people online there and it seems to be a more balanced society. I am struggling to know which language I should focus on Russian or German.

My mind is already gone, I really hate the USA, the USA and UK possibly Canada is full of vultures that have destroyed our nation.
Don't worry, just stay here. We've already been sold out to Russia...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 11:42 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
2sleepy will you admit you are wrong now, after all these years ?

Maybe the crime stats aren’t as bad in your city as they are in L.A .

But they are very bad in L.A . We are talking felonies .

This isn’t an “isolated event “ type of situation .

This is why politically correct language and attitudes are dangerous . People don’t get the truth .

Old 03-08-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
I heard its really really hard to get on section 8 housing and alot of it is really ghetto and frequently does not meet code or if it does meet code its just barely.

If I outlive my wife I have thought about moving to Russia, I talk to people online there and it seems to be a more balanced society. I am struggling to know which language I should focus on Russian or German.

My mind is already gone, I really hate the USA, the USA and UK possibly Canada is full of vultures that have destroyed our nation.
Section 8 housing has to be inspected and up to code. Usually landlords will only take section 8 if they can’t get a decent cash paying tenant . Section 8 can actually pay the landlord above market prices in certain neighborhoods which is one reason landlords might like it .

Russia is a more balanced society ? First time I’ve heard that one .
Who are these people online ? Have they lived in the U.S?

What makes it more balanced in Russia ?

Old 03-09-2018, 12:55 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
2sleepy, you were wrong. There is an inordinate potential for criminal behavior among the homeless, and there's no way you can honestly dispute the supporting data.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:14 AM

I wonder if L.A Times mentioned 6400 homeless arrested for committing felonies as the headline if that might change perception .

Of course their headline was
“LAPD defends rising arrests of homeless people”

Old 03-09-2018, 02:54 AM

334 posts, read 285,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Forced labor is unconstitutional.
People who defend Prop 47 say criminals commit burglaries because of no job opportunities.

So why don't they work on farms?

Prop 47 basically legalized stealing firearms and laptops.

Old 03-09-2018, 03:25 AM

35 posts, read 24,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
Because they don't want to work.
We should bring over the South African 'farmers' who are having their land taken (and lives threatened) from them by their government

What does displaced South African land owners have to do with homelessness in the USA(or Los Angeles)? Two different situations completely.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:40 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilshire View Post
Because people who think criminals should go to jail are an oppressed minority in California and have nowhere else to go except the internet.
Who exactly doesn’t believe criminals/burglars should go to jail? I’m about as liberal as they come, and have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about here... or are you speaking in metaphor?

Old 03-09-2018, 04:52 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
I like how they just talk about "Send them there! In the desert where they'll have paradise".

Like if the homeless are just a heard of cattle and not human beings lol..
I know, right? Unless they are actually breaking an actual (and serious enough) law, we can’t force them to do anything... they’re still human beings with basic human rights, and I seriously doubt they’ll be interested in shuffling off to some desert commune.

They tend to congregate in bigger cities because that’s where they’ll find shelters, food banks, potential “donors,” public transportation, and other basic amenties. What the heck would they do in the desert, and who would be covering the costs of making it liveable? We can’t just dump them somewhere to die of thirst and starvation, for chrissakes.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:40 AM

334 posts, read 285,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Who exactly doesn’t believe criminals/burglars should go to jail? I’m about as liberal as they come, and have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about here... or are you speaking in metaphor?

Prop 47 makes stealing a firearm or laptop a misdemeanor. Which means, no jail time. You are let go the same day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles