Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 01:44 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Right, because there wasn't people back than that thought the law didn't apply to them. It all started with Millenials..
Majoun is right that age has something to do with it. The rudeness to cops, the refusal to cooperate, the cursing, the identity politics and victimology, the “opposing the man” feeling...not millennial creations, but they sure have run with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 02:36 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Majoun is right that age has something to do with it. The rudeness to cops, the refusal to cooperate, the cursing, the identity politics and victimology, the “opposing the man” feeling...not millennial creations, but they sure have run with it.
Yeah, I hate millenials that act offended to everything.

But we are more awoken to how things actually work. I'm not gonna respect a cop just because he's a cop. Everyone has a default level of respect regardless of uniform. So they can either lose points in that respect or gain them. Of course I can't really just disrespect a cop. But I don't automatically look at a cop as some angel.

You give a jerk a badge and a gun, they're still a jerk.

A lot of younger folks are seeing through more of the BS.

Old 02-17-2018, 03:00 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
I don't care what age or ethnicity a person is -- if you put your feet up where another person's behind rests, you're getting grime from the ground on somebody's pants.

And some wonder why people like me typically avoid public transportation...

Old 02-17-2018, 05:03 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Unfortunately many millenials think law and order and rules are something that only others have to follow and that obeying the law is only for the "poors" rather than people like them.

This is more of a millenial thing rather than something connected to one ethnic group.
Laws, you mean like shoplifting no longer being a real crime?? Why should their actions on transit be a crime in CA?

Old 02-17-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Laws, you mean like shoplifting no longer being a real crime?? Why should their actions on transit be a crime in CA?
Good point.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:09 PM

And the woman files a lawsuit. She is an aspiring actress. Boom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BNN3NWeYAg

Old 02-17-2018, 08:10 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Does the twitter chick complaining about saddling the country with debt realize that Obama doubled our debt ?

Old 02-17-2018, 08:19 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
And the woman files a lawsuit. She is an aspiring actress. Boom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BNN3NWeYAg
Wow .. definitely an “only in L.A story”

Thought you were joking when she said she was an aspiring actress.

And she said she was “acting out of fear “ didn’t look like it .

Looked like an entitled girl .. “I PAID TO BE ON HERE”.. that had a hatred and disrespect for the police.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:29 PM

I’m sure she will be considered a great civil rights icon for “fighting for her rights” and the Ellen show is calling her in 3...2...1.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:41 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times
I can't stand people that put their feet up on public chairs. It's not an ottoman! Of all the places the soles of your shoes have been--public restrooms, the filthy streets of LA (and this was the MacArthur Park station!), etc., I don't want to sit in that! This girl cussing out the cop just turned 18, so she just went through so many years of public school with her entitled behavior, lack of respect for others and lack of respect for authority. I don't think anyone who exhibited good behavior toward their teachers and fellow students would suddenly yell F words at a police officer. She's been taught that HER freedom of expression and HER needs come before anyone else. The school system and her parents created this monster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles