Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 04:10 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,752,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
The last remaining Little Italy restaurant in China Town

Eastside Market Italian Deli
Wow, I haven't been there in decades! Last time I was there, they were still only serving sandwiches behind the deli counter! I'll have to go back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxNative1995 View Post
Just because those places have more Chinese doesnt mean Chinatown is dying. Anyone who thinks Chinatown is dying has never stepped foot in 10 years.

Just look at Broadway Ave. and all it’s growth. It’s practically in your face with all the cranes soaring in the air. Go tell any Angelenos that Chinatown is dying and you’ve just lost all credablility.
Speaking of credibility, you have NONE. If you had been in Chinatown during the 2000s, you'd know this is not the truth. And I was born an Angeleno.

By the way, where do you see cranes soaring in the air? Perhaps you mean the phoenix? Cranes have a stronger association with the Japanese culture...

http://www.jccc.on.ca/origami-cranes...gami_crane.pdf

Last edited by Vic Romano; 02-22-2018 at 05:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 06:08 PM

626 posts, read 626,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
When you say on a decline I’m guessing you mean less Chinese ?
Chinatown is in downtown la which of course is a very hot market now. So it’s definitely not dying out .
Neighborhoods constantly change over time in L.A and other cities all over the world .
Look at little Italy in San Francisco, not as many Italians as in the past . Just one example .
It makes sense wealthy Chinese that would like a nice large single family home would move out of china town since it’s a dense area and that type of housing isn’t really available there .
I’m guessing there are still a lot of retired old timers that have low rent due to rent control so don’t have much motivation to move .
I first moved to SoCal in 2012 and I left in December and those 5 years I could tell a big difference. I saw alot of businesses that were there in 2012,2013, and 2014 were shuttered by 2015 and 2016. Last time I went there was in October and it looked bad. Go to that one area that has all the shops in the square and then go to the shopping center right next door. It is almost empty with next to no tenants in there at all.

You can definitely tell the demo is changing because of all the Apts going up around there.

Old 02-22-2018, 06:12 PM

626 posts, read 626,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxNative1995 View Post
Just because those places have more Chinese doesnt mean Chinatown is dying. Anyone who thinks Chinatown is dying has never stepped foot in 10 years.

Just look at Broadway Ave. and all it’s growth. It’s practically in your face with all the cranes soaring in the air. Go tell any Angelenos that Chinatown is dying and you’ve just lost all credablility.
Oh i didnt see who replied to my comment. When was the last time you went to Chinatown in LA? When was the last time you went to ANY city in the SGV? Oh that's right probably never, I used to live in the SGV and I certainly know more about it than you do. Stick to the OC and hopefully you can afford it being that your 21.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:35 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,463,364 times
It will be gentrified due to the increasing demand in downtown LA but maybe it will be more Asian Hipsters than traditional Chinese immigrants.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:27 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fael View Post
It could be die and return as Little italy as used to be long time Ago.
VERY doubtfull as there is next to no immigrants from Italy here anymore.😞

Old 02-23-2018, 10:28 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
The last remaining Little Italy restaurant in China Town

Eastside Market Italian Deli
I be in LA soon, I will try this place.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:14 PM

307 posts, read 242,245 times
Lol.. Chinatown in DTLA is about to explode with condos, apartments, bars, restaurants,etc.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:56 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
So I tried that Eastside Italian Market

And there isnt that much development going on. There is that big place going up west of Cesar Chavez Blvd. On the google map it seems like that location is suppose to park land.

There is that one tall vacant building with the United Buffet sign on the outside. I figured they will develop that. Its a big vacant building, but they havent. It has been sitting there for years.

It seems the most popular place is the Howling Ray's Nashville Hot Chicken. There is a very long line.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:14 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,752,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
So I tried that Eastside Italian Market

And there isnt that much development going on. There is that big place going up west of Cesar Chavez Blvd. On the google map it seems like that location is suppose to park land.

There is that one tall vacant building with the United Buffet sign on the outside. I figured they will develop that. Its a big vacant building, but they havent. It has been sitting there for years.

It seems the most popular place is the Howling Ray's Nashville Hot Chicken. There is a very long line.

Old 03-19-2018, 03:37 AM

334 posts, read 285,854 times
Why would you want to live in Chinatown when you can live in monterey park or rowland heights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles