Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 12:15 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,717 times

Advertisements

I’ve since moved to a Texas and have found other hamburger options. When I come back to California, I’m always shocked at how crowded these places are!! Do they just not build enough of them to serve their customers? I will admit that I was HOOKED on them when I lived in LA since they were the best available option. One thing that I noticed about them today is that I was NOT able to order LARGE FRIES, only the regular order that #1 comes with-so inflexible

Last edited by Hopeful for Life; 03-25-2018 at 12:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 12:23 AM

334 posts, read 285,709 times
For the price point they're superior.

Better than whattaburger and dairy Queen dont u think?

Old 03-25-2018, 12:29 AM

4,315 posts, read 6,278,763 times
We pulled over at the rest area in Kettleman City a few years ago. This is about halfway between LA and SF and the only stop for dozens of miles on I-5. We ordered food at Carl's Jr. and sat down while waiting for it to be brought to our table (Carl's does this). Upon looking around, we noticed how filthy the restaurant was and decided to walk out without even receiving our meals. We walked next door to the In-N-Out and it was immaculately clean, so we stayed and ate lunch there.

Moral of the story - In and Out is just that much better than other comparably priced fast food joints. Higher quality ingredients, cleaner facilities, better service from staff (they're also paid better). It definitely shows.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
We pulled over at the rest area in Kettleman City a few years ago. This is about halfway between LA and SF and the only stop for dozens of miles on I-5. We ordered food at Carl's Jr. and sat down while waiting for it to be brought to our table (Carl's does this). Upon looking around, we noticed how filthy the restaurant was and decided to walk out without even receiving our meals. We walked next door to the In-N-Out and it was immaculately clean, so we stayed and ate lunch there.

Moral of the story - In and Out is just that much better than other comparably priced fast food joints. Higher quality ingredients, cleaner facilities, better service from staff (they're also paid better). It definitely shows.
I always stopped at that Carl's Jr. But usually the drive thru lol

Old 03-25-2018, 01:01 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilshire View Post
For the price point they're superior.

Better than whattaburger and dairy Queen dont u think?
Better than DQ, but not better than Whataburger. I agree 100% about In n out restaurants’ cleanliness, courtesy and service

Old 03-25-2018, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Better than DQ, but not better than Whataburger. I agree 100% about In n out restaurants’ cleanliness, courtesy and service
In n Out in TX doesn't taste as good for some reason.

Whattaburger is good, I think the Jalapeño and Cheese is a top 5 fast food burger for me.

Carl's Jr. western bacon takes #1 for me. In n Out double double 2nd.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:06 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post

We are of like minds re In and Out. FWIW, In and Out customers aren't paying for an additional franchise level of profit. In and Out doesn't franchise. Thirty five year old Lynsi Snyder (the only grandchild of founders Harry and Esther Snyder) owns the entire chain.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:14 AM

908 posts, read 1,302,866 times
When it comes to value for quality, In-N-Out is just hands down the best. There are other solid burger joints such as Shake Shack, but you often have to pay 50-100% more for something similar. Plus, when you dine in, they are among the best when it comes to staff friendliness and cleanliness.

In-N-Out has done a great job of branding as a classic, no-frills establishment with consistent high quality.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:27 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,625,744 times
Primarily due to deliciousness.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:46 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,559,492 times
I'm not a big fan of their food, but I will say their milkshakes are the best and cheap too.
The food is fresh because they are busy it doesn't sit under a warmer.
They pay well, but those workers do hustle.
They are a very well run business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles