Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 09:39 PM

92 posts, read 164,406 times

Advertisements

This comments in this post just went all over the place and off topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
To the OP.
The next time you post something, PLEASE USE PARAGRAPHS.

Your post was difficult to read.
Bob.
No one else had an issue with it, out of everything you could’ve said you respond saying use paragraphs. Just like the rest of the comments off topic and has nothing to do with the OP. Good day

Old 04-09-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
OP probably never leaves the house and knows like 10 people and they are all white, so LA must be all white.
I’m the OP you must be referring to the person who commented and started all this back and forth. I’m hardly ever home and I have a good mix of friends all races and sizes. LA is one of the most diverse places.

Old 04-11-2018, 12:02 AM

7 posts, read 4,848 times
Glad to hear you like it, I've been here 28 years and love it! Good to know about AAA.

Old 04-11-2018, 04:00 AM

567 posts, read 428,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
Good luck. I lived my whole life on the east coast where everything is so close together. Meanwhile, you can go 60 miles here and not leave the county.

Hopefully you dont like to walk or bike places here, because thats tantamount to asking to die. I moved here and bought a bike being idealistic that the stereotypes arent true. They are. You are literally asking to die if you dont drive EVERYWHERE.

Hopefully you have AC too cuz it was 90 degrees on thanksgiving day last year. Another extremely rude awakening for this east coaster.

But on the bright side, crime is MUCH lower here. Sheltered LA folk will complain because theyre naive and have never seen real cities like DC, Baltimore, Philly, and NYC. (Although major caveat here is the homeless shooting up heroin on every corner. At least the homeless on the east coast are just alcoholics.)

Also this place is WHITE. Having lived in the south and DC, its strange to live in such a white place. But LA is mostly midwestern people that have no clue what racial diversity is.
Are you serious? You don't know a thing about LA and I seriously doubt you actually live here. From your statements above, it's crystal clear your just another LA basher. Go play in the snow.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:14 PM

53 posts, read 50,779 times
If high crime is your "real city" enviro, well who by choice wants to live in that? You make it sound like a put down. Maybe that is why you're catching some hate here.

Old 04-12-2018, 05:26 PM

243 posts, read 223,181 times
Lol..

Good thing the OP answered back, because everyone was confusing the OP with the second message lol

Yes, LA is pretty darn cool. I always find that most of the transplants set on relocating themselves within LA city limits. The thing with LA is that you're going to drive and hit traffic no matter what... Really what you should be doing is finding a cheaper place outside of city limits that are sometimes even better cities...

Yet, you don't want to go too far out, that you end up moving in the IE...

OP, at least you're here now!! Try exploring LA and LA COUNTY at its fullest... you'll soon find that you'll find better areas and *sometimes* better prices outside of LA...

Old 04-13-2018, 04:22 PM

53 posts, read 50,779 times
Yea you are right I confused the two posts.. I mentally just skipped the original post because it was un readable without paragraphs.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:47 AM

123 posts, read 209,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quique07 View Post
Try exploring LA and LA COUNTY at its fullest... you'll soon find that you'll find better areas and *sometimes* better prices outside of LA...
Like Monterey Park?

Old 04-17-2018, 05:19 PM

82 posts, read 62,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz88 View Post
I joined this site back in 2014 after my first visit to LA! Since then I have been back and forth with myself on whether or not I should move here. After turning 30 earlier this year I finally did it. Searching for a place is hard especially doing it virtually I spent hours on apartment.com and etc. Finding something in my budget in a safe area with decent parking ,and not too far away from everything was a CHALLENGE! Coming from a gated community 2br 2bath - pool, fitness center, community center with apple products, game room and so much more for $1669 I had to let go of all expectations moving to LA. Once i did that the search became better. But I do recommend coming to LA first to look around before you commit to a place. i was not able to do that which was VERY RISKY. I found a place near East Hollywood near Little Armenia upcoming area, I can see the Griffith Observatory when I work out on the street. The leasing agent Face-timed me, spent video and did a lot for me since I was not able to come see the place in person. I felt comfortable enough to move forward and sign the lease after a few weeks of videos, questions, and concerns back and forth. I transported my car from Maryland loaded the trunk up with stuff and placed some stuff in the backseat for $1125, sold my furniture not worth paying a moving company (i has IKEA stuff), and I shipped whatever else didn't fit in my car spent about $300 through USPS. So I came to LA starting over completely. I arrived here on Monday there were so issues with the plumbing in the pace but the leasing company took quick action. My place is cool but I do wish I took a plane to LA and looked around before I signed my lease. I see a lot more places now that I'm actually here. Traffic is traffic i expected that no cant complain but other then that I'm glad i moved it can be very stressful moving cross country but good planning and money makes things better . You have 21 days to get an out of state vehicle registered and the DMV is suppppppeeeerrr busy so here's a tip. If you are an AAA member they offer DMV services so I skipped the line and got my tags and title work done and its FREE if you are an AAA member. It cost me $293 for tags they have to be renewed every year Maryland its every two. Smog check and certificate $45. Over all i'm glad I'm here!
How were you able to get an apartment from across the country? I'm trying to move to LA Myself and I don't see how thats feasible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles