Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 06:06 PM

83 posts, read 122,183 times

Advertisements

https://imgur.com/a/jX9NlJl

Looks like the big rally occurred for West Adams and now it has already gotten quite expensive. Inglewood looks to be rising the fastest in that $500k-$600k range housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 08:02 PM

176 posts, read 177,051 times
late to the party. it's been up and coming for more than a year. kw....

Old 06-16-2018, 09:26 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
Probably best to start buying in Watts before it gets hot . As long as gentrification and prices keep going up seem it’s a matter of time .

Also East L.A

Old 06-16-2018, 09:45 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,647,495 times
I'd like to see Watts gentrified. It was gentrified way back when Simon Rodia built the Watts Towers, so gentrifying it would make it as it once was.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:12 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,133,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I'd like to see Watts gentrified. It was gentrified way back when Simon Rodia built the Watts Towers, so gentrifying it would make it as it once was.
It’s very heavily Section 8 Housing. Landlords have little incentive to improve it with a steady income stream coming in.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:28 AM

5,003 posts, read 5,972,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I think that Watts was a poor area even when Simon Rodia was there. When you say that it was gentrified are you meaning there were more white people?

Old 06-17-2018, 12:30 PM

I don’t know for everyone else but I think $500k $600k is a reasonable entry point in Los Angeles when houses across the freeway are going for $1 million plus. Inglewood has the fastest trajectory of the area I looked up. Hawthorne is also an interesting area.

West Adams just took off. Now it’s $1 million for entry and I think their schools are bad so who would have thought... location is the key factor

Old 06-17-2018, 12:41 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan80 View Post
I don’t know for everyone else but I think $500k $600k is a reasonable entry point in Los Angeles when houses across the freeway are going for $1 million plus. Inglewood has the fastest trajectory of the area I looked up. Hawthorne is also an interesting area.

West Adams just took off. Now it’s $1 million for entry and I think their schools are bad so who would have thought... location is the key factor
Yeah there have been people moving there . Like you said the “Silicon beach” area as it’s called now borders Inglewood .
That area looks to be $1.5 million or more for a modest house.

I’d say you could find nicer neighborhoods in the valley for the same or less than south la or Inglewood but the commute would be worse .

South la is a big area though and the neighborhoods vary a lot of course nicer ones will be more expensive .

This isn’t really a new thing about people buying there it’s just with prices at record highs now and the new development happening and planned for the area more and more people are considering moving there .

Old 06-17-2018, 01:41 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,305,125 times
Its stiil gonna take a TON of middle class people daring enough to buy over there. Many folks who have been apart of generational poverty still ive there when the houses cost 100k. There is is still a significant gang prescence, schools are awful, and as I've mentioned before, the apartments in the area tend to have very low standards. People with 750 credit scores making 60K + will probably look to nicer areas.

I do like the fact that higher class of citizens are filling up the area, I'd just rather already live in an area that's good to go. If I still have to ask "is this a red or blue area", that's a problem to me

Old 06-17-2018, 02:27 PM

Are there still gangs? I really don't think gangs have much if any presence in that area these days... people would have said the same thing about West Adams area which is now $1 million, and Normandie area near USC. It's gotten expensive even though people were always hesitant because of the types of poverty and poor in the area. People also still buy in eastern area of Westchester where the schools are terrible but the houses are a million plus. The rich folks put their kids in private school I think or charter schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles