Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 10:02 PM

395 posts, read 488,451 times

Advertisements

Back in May I visited L.A. with my parents. We stayed in Toluca Lake and got to see Burbank, Hollywood, Downtown, Malibu, Beverly Hills, Beverly Wood, Encino and Brentwood. I was wondering next time we visit if we should check out an other part of the city like Huntington Beach, Long Beach, Pasadena etc. or if we basically got to see the most desirable parts of L.A ( well, excluding maybe Downtown as that was kinda depressing in my opinion) and if you suggest that we check out other parts what parts do you suggest we see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 10:18 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,131 times
Where is beverlywood?

Old 07-22-2018, 10:22 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,131 times
I really like Huntington and Newport Beach but for me are too far away to go regularly. Hermosa and Manhattan Beach are a lot closer but not as nice imo. You gotta checkout the freak show that is Venice beach ��

Old 07-22-2018, 10:34 PM

494 posts, read 286,056 times
Did you go to Universal Walk/Universal Studios? How about Santa Monica? Long Beach is okay...not as nice as Santa Monica but, the Aquarium and Queen Mary Ship are there but can be pricey to see. If you head up the coast, Santa Barbara is a nice place to visit. Very nice area. How about visiting some of the California missions? That's something you don't see anywhere else. There's a lot to see and do California. I have to agree with you about the Downtown area. I was surprised the first time I saw Hollywood. I assumed it was this glamorous place but was very disappointed. At least I could say "I been there and done that"....Enjoy your visit......

Old 07-22-2018, 10:39 PM

335 posts, read 356,693 times
Go to venice and santa monica

Old 07-23-2018, 05:10 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
Where is beverlywood?
In Palms 90034 and 90035 just north of Hamilton High School, West of Robertson going towards the Beverly Hills city limits line. I can't say what the tourist attraction could be beyond! $3 million dollar houses that cost that much because of a central location. Being highly Jewish there are many people walking on Saturdays if you are people watching.

If looking at neighborhoods because that's your thing there's Hancock Park

Old 07-23-2018, 08:58 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,562 times
Santa Monica and Venice are overrated IMO. Too busy, too popular. As a result, hotel prices are through the roof, especially for anything even remotely desirable near the beach.

I personally like south bay beach areas from Redondo/Torrance up to Manhattan Beach. Still busy, still popular, but a bit more laid back and less frenetic. Also, I agree with other poster regarding Newport Beach and Irvine/Laguna Beach areas. Very nice to visit.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meekawal View Post
Did you go to Universal Walk/Universal Studios? How about Santa Monica? Long Beach is okay...not as nice as Santa Monica but, the Aquarium and Queen Mary Ship are there but can be pricey to see. If you head up the coast, Santa Barbara is a nice place to visit. Very nice area. How about visiting some of the California missions? That's something you don't see anywhere else. There's a lot to see and do California. I have to agree with you about the Downtown area. I was surprised the first time I saw Hollywood. I assumed it was this glamorous place but was very disappointed. At least I could say "I been there and done that"....Enjoy your visit......
We didn't do Universal. We were thinking of doing that when we go next Fall so we can do the horror tour. We did go to Santa Monica. I forgot to mention that. Santa Barbara could be an idea. Hollywood was still glamorous enough for me being from the Rust Belt. We did the lobby tour of TCL there. I wanted to do the whole tour but unfortunately they were showing a movie.

Last edited by alastad; 07-23-2018 at 02:35 PM..

Old 07-23-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ima30something View Post
Go to venice and santa monica
I forgot to mention Venice. I wasn't impressed with it to be honest. I can see the same thing at Old Orchard Beach, ME where I used to vacation every Summer.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:32 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will definitely take all of your opinions into account. I am thinking either Huntington Beach or Manhattan Beach if we don't do Toluca Lake again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles