Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2018, 03:14 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times

Advertisements

When I was a kid, I distinctly remember a sign in the Westwood Micky D's stating that patrons had 20 minutes to consume their food, after which their presence would be considered loitering, and hence not permitted.

However, I haven't seen any such signs recently, though I don't know why that is. Is there some sort of legal reason why places that serve food can no longer limit for how long people are allowed to sit on their property?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 05:42 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,417,700 times
There is a McDonalds in Westwood Villiage? I dont think there is one, so why are you concerned about the Westwood McDonalds having some sign?

Old 07-31-2018, 06:29 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
There is a McDonalds in Westwood Villiage? I dont think there is one, so why are you concerned about the Westwood McDonalds having some sign?
There was a Mc D's in Westwood Village -- don't know if it's still there.

The point is that I'm wondering why there are no more signs like that. I see a lot of people living at fast food joints, sometimes even inside such as at the Carl's Jr. on Santa Monica and Yale or thereabouts. This incessant loiterer even has a DVD player he plugs into a ceiling outlet and he watches movies while making weird noises, or sometimes he plays some war game on his phone without using earbuds and the rear part of the restaurant sounds like WW III. And then there seem to always be creepazoids camping out at my local Ralph's or Bristol Farms in an area intended for paying customers to consume recently purchased food. So that's why.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:36 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,417,700 times
I heard Allie Mackay on KROQ talking about this a few weeks ago. Seems that it is an "unwritten" rule at some upscale restaurants where there is a "time limit". She was pretty peeved about it. Seems its more prevalent at "upscale" places instead of fast food eateries like McDonalds.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:10 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,375,487 times
The bum doubles as security?

Not sure if it's because I leave and come back often but this situation is getting WAY WORSE. Not sure that I would notice it otherwise

At this point it honestly wouldn't shock me to see a tent inside a fast food establishment

Old 08-01-2018, 07:30 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
The bum doubles as security?

Not sure if it's because I leave and come back often but this situation is getting WAY WORSE. Not sure that I would notice it otherwise

At this point it honestly wouldn't shock me to see a tent inside a fast food establishment
Maybe today as bum security. back in the 70s it was more to prevent the place from becoming like Arnold's on Happy Days a teen hangout where nobody was buying. In my case it was the Burger King, who relaxed the policy on Friday Nights after the high school football game. On those things folks would see the parking lot and drive the five more blocks to the McDonald's

Old 08-01-2018, 01:19 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
I’ve seem some signs at ones in the valley stating 30 mins. Not sure if it’s actually enforced or not .

Old 08-13-2018, 12:08 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times
According to an article, McDonald's was enforcing a 20-minute limit in 2014 in a NYC location. I think a Westside Burger King location has a 1/2 hour limit. I highly doubt it's enforced late at night, judging by the homeless types I've often seen there and the lounge design. A mall location probably would enforce a limit, due to security on the premises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: