Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 10:23 PM

1,538 posts, read 1,483,810 times

Advertisements

Dennis Hopper
Bill Walton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2019, 02:17 PM

661 posts, read 833,633 times
Not at he same time, but the same school

Steven Seagal - Nicholas Jr High -Fullerton CA
Gwen Stefani - Loara High -Anaheim CA

Old 01-30-2020, 01:41 PM

82 posts, read 267,942 times
Edward Norton - Wilde Lake Columbia, Maryland.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:46 PM

8,500 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Palo Alto Senior High School, Palo Alto, CA

Joan Baez
James Franco
Jeremy Lin was a classmate of mine, two years behind me. Don’t I wish I’d made better friends with him now??

Those are the names I recognize, anyway.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:53 PM

37 posts, read 21,675 times
I cooked penne pasta with Wilmer Valderrama (Fez from "That 70s Show") in home ec ("Foods and Nutrition", I believe, the course was called)

Other celebs I can think of off the top of my head:

Lisa Kudrow
Christina Applegate
Robin Yount
Jordan Farmar (a year or two after I graduated)

(Taft High in Woodland Hills)

Went to Wiki and some of the other names I recognize are:

Easy-E and Ice Cube (weird that I didn't know about either when I went, seems like something that would have been mentioned more often than Lisa Kudrow)
Spencer Dinwiddie
Gabe Kapler (him I did know about)
Robin Wright

Old 02-01-2020, 11:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Only one I can remember and it was so long ago I am probably the only one on this board that even remembers her: It was Molly Bee. I actually attended Jr High school with her, not high school. the closes other than her would have been a gal we graduated with who did star in several movies, but very small parts. Don Drysdale's widow also went to Jr. High with me, but she was not the celebrity, he was. I guess not many stars come from Pasa and surrounding areas.

I went to Jr High school for about a year in Pasa. It was Wilson Jr. High, spent most of my childhood in the Eagle Rock area and attended both grammar school and High School in Eagle Rock.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:21 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Only one I can remember and it was so long ago I am probably the only one on this board that even remembers her: It was Molly Bee.
Is she related to Samantha Bee?

Old 02-02-2020, 04:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Is she related to Samantha Bee?
I don't know: interesting question. Just goggled it: apparently not: She did have 2 daughters, but neither was named Samantha.

Old 02-02-2020, 05:57 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF04 View Post
I cooked penne pasta with Wilmer Valderrama (Fez from "That 70s Show") in home ec ("Foods and Nutrition", I believe, the course was called)

Other celebs I can think of off the top of my head:

Lisa Kudrow
Christina Applegate
Robin Yount
Jordan Farmar (a year or two after I graduated)

(Taft High in Woodland Hills)

Went to Wiki and some of the other names I recognize are:

Easy-E and Ice Cube (weird that I didn't know about either when I went, seems like something that would have been mentioned more often than Lisa Kudrow)
Spencer Dinwiddie
Gabe Kapler (him I did know about)
Robin Wright
Before your time (and mine), Jan Smithers who played Baily Quarters on the late 70's sitcom WKRP in Cincinnati attended Taft in the 1960's.

She first reached the public eye as a teenager when she was featured on the March 21, 1966, cover of Newsweek, seated on a motorcycle. It was a series the magazine did on the teenage culture of the day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Smithers

Old 02-02-2020, 07:56 PM

37 posts, read 21,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Before your time (and mine), Jan Smithers who played Baily Quarters on the late 70's sitcom WKRP in Cincinnati attended Taft in the 1960's.

She first reached the public eye as a teenager when she was featured on the March 21, 1966, cover of Newsweek, seated on a motorcycle. It was a series the magazine did on the teenage culture of the day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Smithers
I know this was in a language I understood, but everything you said went wa-ha-ha-hay over my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles