U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-11-2008, 10:44 AM

3,365 posts, read 3,749,021 times

Advertisements

I've been to San Antonio twice and loved it there! I hope that SA does not get too many California people there.

I don't want SA or Texas for that matter to be "Californicated"!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 11:18 AM

21 posts, read 48,668 times
Having just moved to the LA are from Houston, I'm hard pressed to find any similarities between the two. Two totally different worlds, no comparison.

I went to college in San Antonio, and I loved it there, but it's not LA. I lived in Austin for several years, and I loved it there too, but it's not LA either. LA has them both beat by miles, IMO.

The closest thing I can find in Texas that reminds me of LA is the Montrose area of Houston. Just the eclectic feel of the neighborhood and businesses, and the old homes that have been fabulously renovated, with a sprinkling of homes in between the nice ones that need renovation terribly. That said, LA is still better. JMHO.

I guess Texas does have an advantage in that it's a heckuva lot cheaper.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:10 PM

51 posts, read 170,912 times
Whats better about LA?
All the traffic? All the crappy roads? All the crappy old neighborhoods? All the small places or "posh" places that would realistically be considered holes in the wall?

An example is Geisha House in Hollywood? Its basically a white, dirty building with a small door on the side of the building. Wow.. great. LA is great.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:58 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,948,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasm View Post
Whats better about LA?
All the traffic? All the crappy roads? All the crappy old neighborhoods? All the small places or "posh" places that would realistically be considered holes in the wall?

An example is Geisha House in Hollywood? Its basically a white, dirty building with a small door on the side of the building. Wow.. great. LA is great.
I suppose if you dwell on all the negatives, and ignore all the positives... LA really does suck doesn't it? The again... so would anywhere in the world.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:26 PM

162 posts, read 64,871 times
Demographically, San Antonio reminds me of Los Angeles.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:25 PM

401 posts, read 1,686,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLE1 View Post
Demographically, San Antonio reminds me of Los Angeles.
Not even close

Old 04-13-2008, 01:45 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,960,648 times
Quote:
Whats better about LA?

If you dream of living in a planned, gated community full of new cookie cutter homes on identical lots with a single shopping area that has a SuperWalMart and a SuperHomeDepot and a SuperBestBuy and a handful of chain restaurants -- then you will find LA lacking.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:04 PM

979 posts, read 2,651,848 times
You'll find areas like that not just in L.A,but in other cities in the Country.

L.A has more Positives than Negatives in my opinion.

Quote:
Whats better about LA?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles