Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 01:30 PM

25 posts, read 26,517 times

Advertisements

I will be visiting LA for first two weeks of December with my family and plan on doing some city exploring. I will have a minivan rental. Coming from Chicago, our parking is a *****, and last 2 times I was in LA I didnt have much trouble parking, but I didnt go out much.
So if go out to downtown or different neighborhoods where street parking is tough, what do you guys recommend doing? In Chicago, SpotHero app really helps, as it is often cheaper than paying parking garage rates at the same spot. Do you guys use Spot Hero in LA or something similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 02:57 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
We take Uber of Lyft.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:13 AM

2,353 posts, read 5,375,487 times
If you pay attention you can always find meter parking. If you plan on staying in the same general area for more then 1 hour I would seek a flat rate lot if visiting during peak hours

Old 12-01-2018, 11:34 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,628,669 times
I would avoid driving in downtown as much as possible. Out of towners usually drive like crap in downtown.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:57 PM

25 posts, read 26,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
I would avoid driving in downtown as much as possible. Out of towners usually drive like crap in downtown.
😂😂😂
I feel the same way about damn tourists in Chicago, but oh well, now yall gotta deal with me. But I'm a full time pizza driver in a busy urban neighborhood, so not planning on doing anything dumb...

Old 12-01-2018, 09:39 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalist View Post
😂😂😂
I feel the same way about damn tourists in Chicago, but oh well, now yall gotta deal with me. But I'm a full time pizza driver in a busy urban neighborhood, so not planning on doing anything dumb...
You deliver pizzas in Chicago? How many times have you been robbed?

Old 12-02-2018, 11:33 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
You deliver pizzas in Chicago? How many times have you been robbed?
WTF Another sold contribution.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:34 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times
Quote:
😂😂😂

Harder to find metered street parking in downtown LA depending on time of day and what part of downtown. But there are quite a few pay lots and/or garages in downtown.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:09 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,628,669 times
Quote:
😂😂😂
Then I'll let you know the biggest mistake they make.

Its assuming that they can just drive up to whatever location they are heading to.

Virtually no locations have their own dedicated parking, those that do(like LA Live, Target, Border Grill, etc) have entrances that are in a different area than the business location, and its rare to find street parking right where you need to.

Nothing worse in Downtown than having to slam on your brakes in the middle of a street because some guy is staring at a business trying to figure out where the non existent parking lot is.

Lack of ability in using one way streets is a close second.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:50 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Then I'll let you know the biggest mistake they make.

Its assuming that they can just drive up to whatever location they are heading to.

Virtually no locations have their own dedicated parking, those that do(like LA Live, Target, Border Grill, etc) have entrances that are in a different area than the business location, and its rare to find street parking right where you need to.

Nothing worse in Downtown than having to slam on your brakes in the middle of a street because some guy is staring at a business trying to figure out where the non existent parking lot is.

Lack of ability in using one way streets is a close second.
LOL...excellent points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles