Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 12:19 AM

122 posts, read 587,011 times

Advertisements

I am familiar with California living. Lived in San Diego on a couple of different occasions, also in the SF Bay Area. Had a cup of coffee in L.A., where I stayed for a couple of months just off Sunset. Have visited Pasadena just once, and am familiar with the lay of the land there.

Need to know the real skinny on what it would be like to live in Pasadena. Work is half from home, half making jaunts all over the central L.A. metro area. I would have my girlfriend in tow, no children, no pets, no need for a large living space. I'm looking for info on rental prices (1 BRs) and good locations in which to start hunting. Also would like to learn about the general cost of living, traffic concerns, the real safety index; more about the "feel" and vibe of the area, the general makeup of the area, and cultural proclivities and features. How walkable is it? How pervasive are gangs and bad elements and drug culture? What is the weather like up there -- any different than the basin of L.A.? Any areas nearby that are comparable to Pasadena I might look into as well?

Any and all info on Pasadena is welcome.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 12:27 PM

401 posts, read 767,291 times
here's a good thread to check out:
What makes Pasadena so desirable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles