U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 03:14 PM

342 posts, read 117,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
A lot of social services and welfare hustling by "the Dominant Group" in Glendale too.

Drive a flashy European car, smoke like a train and get EBT and a check from the State for being your grandma's "caretaker".

It's amazing.
But dont you love California? Dont you love they take money directly from you in taxes, and give it to them? They dont do that in Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2019, 03:30 PM

9,583 posts, read 9,556,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Yeah Glendale is run so much better than LA. It remains a law and order town largely due to the lack of regressives. That said, there are.many drawbacks that Id PM you about if you like. Houses in the foothills (cheap by LA stndards )are nice and there are ample places to eat etc. however, it has some issues and is hot as hell in summer.
Yeah, thanks -- I'm interested in hearing more about it.

Old 03-12-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximalist View Post
OP im interested to hear in what you think of neighborhooding Burbank? I was saw them two as sister cities.
I haven't been there in over a decade. It looked okay at that time when I was there to visit Supply Sergeant.

Old 03-12-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
You gotta get out more pretty much every city in the South Bay is like this as well. Half the cities in the San Gabriel valley are like this too. Hell I'd go out and say at least half the cities in LA County are like this. The homeless live where there's alot of people densely packed for a homeless person living in Glendale doesn't make alot of sense. Majority of the homeless are in small pockets of LA City. You can't compare the 2nd largest city in the country with 4 million to Glendale a small in comparison suburb essentially. I agree though Glendale is beautiful Pasadena IMO is more beautiful LA has some of the most beautiful cities in the country. LA Canada is weathier, but there's nothing out there, but good schools and nice views.
I'm often in Torrance and adjacent areas, and I'm not impressed as I was with Glendale. The downtown area of Glendale was spotless.

Old 03-12-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
I live a few miles down the road from the OP. I'm fully aware of the situation as well. It's bad, but majority of the areas are not overrun by homeless.
Do you ever walk on Wilshire? It's not exactly a third world war zone, but you do it often enough and you're going to have incidents; I've had so many I've lost count of them all -- one guy even threatened me with a metal bludgeon because I looked at him.

Old 03-12-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
True. But the OP believes that only people who live in L.A. proper are allowed to comment on the homeless problem in Los Angeles. And any of the rest of us who live elsewhere simply have no idea of the magnitude of the problem.
Do you need to cyberstalk me in every damn thread? Sheesh, dude...

Old 03-12-2019, 03:45 PM

3,526 posts, read 2,385,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Do you ever walk on Wilshire? It's not exactly a third world war zone, but you do it often enough and you're going to have incidents; I've had so many I've lost count of them all -- one guy even threatened me with a metal bludgeon because I looked at him.
I do, I love walking down willshire in Westwood, and the miracle Mile have never had an incident worth remembering. I assume you're talking about the part past the VA hospital there is alot of homeless in that area, but there are plenty of nice restaurants that make it worth it.

Old 03-12-2019, 03:47 PM

3,526 posts, read 2,385,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I'm often in Torrance and adjacent areas, and I'm not impressed as I was with Glendale. The downtown area of Glendale was spotless.
Torrance is so so, but the beach cities are spotless as well with beautiful downtown and streets. Even playa Vista is nice as well with very few homeless and it's in LA city limits.

Old 03-12-2019, 03:52 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,820,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
But dont you love California? Dont you love they take money directly from you in taxes, and give it to them? They dont do that in Arizona.
They'll eventually end up out of California too, probably more likely to go to Las Vegas than Phoenix.

It's got the "cachet", the "flash", the hookers, the European cars and the cigar-smoking lifestyle they prize.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I do, I love walking down willshire in Westwood, and the miracle Mile have never had an incident worth remembering. I assume you're talking about the part past the VA hospital there is alot of homeless in that area, but there are plenty of nice restaurants that make it worth it.
Yes, I'm talking about the area between the VA and SM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or