U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 07:13 AM

104 posts, read 14,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
NYC is tame compared to Beijing. At least they yield to pedestrians in NYC.

NYC yield to pedestrian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 01:52 PM

4,089 posts, read 8,535,418 times
A big part of the issue is that California drivers fail to yielded to faster moving traffic. For some insane reason a ton of California drivers have an attitude of “if you think you’re getting by me you have another thing coming” to the point where they will go slow as a slug but then speed up if you attempt to pass(on the right no less, which you shouldn’t have to do).

There’s no where that exemplifies this more than on the 15 between Glen Helen and Las Vegas, both ways. Why the hell people wont move to the right when they are driving under say 75-80 mph, you got me. There are few things stupider. This phenomenon doesn’t exist anywhere else in the western US. You hit the 10 fwy in Arizona and everyone moves to the right if you are driving faster.

Another place it’s TERRIBLE is on the 110 fwy southbound fast lane approaching and going under the 105. For reasons unknown certain people LOVE driving 45-55 mph there and absolutely REFUSE to move to a slower moving lane.

Here’s a clue...if someone is tailgating you, move to the right. It doesn’t matter what you think their motives are. California driving laws dictate that you yield to faster moving traffic. There is no speed stated. So if someone want to drive faster than you, you should let them go by.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
A big part of the issue is that California drivers fail to yielded to faster moving traffic. For some insane reason a ton of California drivers have an attitude of “if you think you’re getting by me you have another thing coming” to the point where they will go slow as a slug but then speed up if you attempt to pass(on the right no less, which you shouldn’t have to do).

There’s no where that exemplifies this more than on the 15 between Glen Helen and Las Vegas, both ways. Why the hell people wont move to the right when they are driving under say 75-80 mph, you got me. There are few things stupider. This phenomenon doesn’t exist anywhere else in the western US. You hit the 10 fwy in Arizona and everyone moves to the right if you are driving faster.

Another place it’s TERRIBLE is on the 110 fwy southbound fast lane approaching and going under the 105. For reasons unknown certain people LOVE driving 45-55 mph there and absolutely REFUSE to move to a slower moving lane.

Here’s a clue...if someone is tailgating you, move to the right. It doesn’t matter what you think their motives are. California driving laws dictate that you yield to faster moving traffic. There is no speed stated. So if someone want to drive faster than you, you should let them go by.

In case you did not know, California do not have stay to the right unless passing law. As for moving over when getting tailgate, that is not going to happen. Instead i am going to hit my wiper spray and force you to back off. If i am going 70 and you are tailgating me, i will slow down to 60 and stay there.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:33 PM

3,384 posts, read 2,316,819 times
Quote:

I agree. I have never onced tailgated someone because I wanted to. I simply just want to go around. I assume it's the same for most of course it's all about the ego though.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:49 PM

4,089 posts, read 8,535,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
In case you did not know, California do not have stay to the right unless passing law. As for moving over when getting toailgate, that is not going to happen. Instead i am going to hit my wiper spray and force you to back off. If i am going 70 and you are tailgating me, i will slow down to 60 and stay there.
You don’t have to stay to the right. You just have to move to the right until faster moving traffic passes you.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...ctionNum=21654.

Btw congrats on being part of the problem.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sac...217276300.html

Last edited by JohnG72; 03-24-2019 at 11:57 PM..

Old 03-25-2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:
You don’t have to stay to the right. You just have to move to the right until faster moving traffic passes you.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...ctionNum=21654.

Btw congrats on being part of the problem.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sac...217276300.html

What makes you so special that i have to let you by me?

Old 03-25-2019, 03:35 AM

3,794 posts, read 2,573,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
What makes you so special that i have to let you by me?
What makes YOU so special that you assign to yourself the right to play cop and impede the flow of traffic?

Old 03-25-2019, 03:41 AM

16,940 posts, read 20,724,939 times
If you want to deal with aggressive drivers try driving around Las Vegas sometime, but you may not survive it!

Old 03-25-2019, 07:31 AM

3,384 posts, read 2,316,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
If you want to deal with aggressive drivers try driving around Las Vegas sometime, but you may not survive it!
Where most are from California. Lol

Old 03-25-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
What makes YOU so special that you assign to yourself the right to play cop and impede the flow of traffic?

I am not impeding the flow of traffic, i am following the speed limit law. I am under no obligation to make it easier for you to violate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or