U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 04:38 PM

1,874 posts, read 529,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairweathergolfer View Post
Great Name. You should start one.
There's an organization I've heard about and it's called NoKidding, and do you know where it is in LA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 04:39 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,553,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
There's this guy I know, he's 42 now. He had one when he was 21, and I'm asking are there any places in LA where I can have a vasectomy when I turn 21.
I can understand what you want and what you need to do is Google "Childfree". You need to look specifically for Childfree Forums/Groups that you can ask for recommendations for what you're looking for and get the answers you need. Many of those people in those Childfree Forums/Groups are looking for the same information as you are and you won't be challenged or questioned on your decision.

Good luck.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick View Post
I can understand what you want and what you need to do is Google "Childfree". You need to look specifically for Childfree Forums/Groups that you can ask for recommendations for what you're looking for and get the answers you need. Many of those people in those Childfree Forums/Groups are looking for the same information as you are and you won't be challenged or questioned on your decision.

Good luck.
You got the link, you can send it to me in a PM.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:46 PM

1,210 posts, read 110,138 times
Quote:
OK, I live in the LA area and I don't want kids. Does anybody know any place in LA where I can get steril permanantly, without facing age discrimination? I was thinking of going when I turn 21.
Look up Planned Parenthood and ask them. They can give you all the information you need....

Old 04-10-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
Look up Planned Parenthood and ask them. They can give you all the information you need....
Do you mean the Parenting section?

Old 04-10-2008, 06:40 PM

5,404 posts, read 7,795,044 times
knowing what you want early on in life is one thing, regretting it later on is another.

if you feel confident that you do not want children then what is the point of getting the procedure done. many men go thru life without having children without having to do the procedure. why not just wait till you are 30. and see then.

what the rush? do you just want to go around having unprotected sex without worrying about impregnating a woman? is that it? dont want to worry about condoms? what about diseases? what are you reasons for the vasectomy? because like i said many men reach maturity without children and without having a vasectomy.
i just dont get.
not that i have to because its not my body or penis im messin with.
but i just dont get why such an extreme form of contraception? and the truth the way you feel at 21 might not be the way you feel at 25 or 30. you might not think you are young but in reality you are very young. if you have sat on it for 6 years wait another. six. if you decided at 15, give yourself another 15 years of life to be completely sure. i would say dont mess with your body unless you medically have to.
but different strokes for different folks.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:56 PM

3,173 posts, read 4,377,162 times
I'd still wear a jimmy.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:02 PM

627 posts, read 2,043,002 times
Not unless she whined about it and it drove you crazy . I would think that if she had the problem with it, if she was healthy, she would leave. However issues such as these--in my experience--aren't always so black and white. She may go back and forth and back and forth and end up realizing in the long run she can live with it. I think it can be pretty complex for woman as there are societal influences, hormonal influences, personal preferences, age impacts (both younger and older), and even all their friends suddenly having children when once they all used to be single or without children can influence women.

So for you (from your perspective cause this is often true of men when they are trying to make sense of women on certain issues. The man tries to pin a woman down about how the woman feels or what she wants. Which is understandable to try and get a bottom line and move on). So for you it may be cut and dry as you go through life (either she is or she isn't--but you know the saying about woman changing their minds . . . and many can feel multiple feelings and desires about the same thing all at once ), but unless you find someone clearly resolved on this issue that never struggles with the question (probably not very many woman like this when it comes to absolutely sure they do not want children, not the other way.) it may be an area you just may have to live with some shifting in thoughts about the issue and even sometimes to live in the gray areas with your partner. Obviously though I am talking about more long term relationships.

By the way depending on which crowd you hang with in your twenties you may get a lot of those women saying, "Oh I never want children." . . . today. Ten years from then they will be trouncing around the house in slippers picking up toys and fiquring out how to juggle a millions things barely remembering that they used to think like that and if they do they get a good laugh.

But as I said as long as you are always clear about where you are and upfront with them, you can just let them go through their stuff cause you are not going to change here and that is a given. It could just as easily happen in other areas of your life, too. For instance someone might be in a relationship with a famous rock star. This someone may be a very private person, but they really love the rock star so although they stay and even marry, it doesn't mean that the very private person doesn't give things up and also go through a process of letting go of certain things they want in their life, they always thought they would just naturally have, but just can not have because they are married to a famous rock star.

This just may be something that may be an issue (by issue I mean something they grapple with and are changeable or unsure about) with your future partners as you go through life until you hit a certain age and that is okay. Or it may never be, just as long as you realize children are generally a more complex issue for many woman.

Just call me Doc Fairweather--lol.

Whatever happens stay forthright, present, kind, and true.

By the way, my husband and I are in our forties and do not have children. I know of what I speak on all ends of what I have written, except the reality of having the child. All of my friends do have children and I have twenty six neices and nephews, and two grand nieces and nephews so I know about the child thing from all of these kids' parents--observing the parents over time and talking to them about such things pre child and after.

Quote:
Now, if I was in a long term relationship with a girl who didn't want kids, but then changed her mind and hasn't changed back, I would be forced to break the relationship.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairweathergolfer View Post
Not unless she whined about it and it drove you crazy . I would think that if she had the problem with it, if she was healthy, she would leave. However issues such as these--in my experience--aren't always so black and white. She may go back and forth and back and forth and end up realizing in the long run she can live with it. I think it can be pretty complex for woman as there are societal influences, hormonal influences, personal preferences, age impacts (both younger and older), and even all their friends suddenly having children when once they all used to be single or without children can influence women.

So for you (from your perspective cause this is often true of men when they are trying to make sense of women on certain issues. The man tries to pin a woman down about how the woman feels or what she wants. Which is understandable to try and get a bottom line and move on). So for you it may be cut and dry as you go through life (either she is or she isn't--but you know the saying about woman changing their minds . . . and many can feel multiple feelings and desires about the same thing all at once ), but unless you find someone clearly resolved on this issue that never struggles with the question (probably not very many woman like this when it comes to absolutely sure they do not want children, not the other way.) it may be an area you just may have to live with some shifting in thoughts about the issue and even sometimes to live in the gray areas with your partner. Obviously though I am talking about more long term relationships.

By the way depending on which crowd you hang with in your twenties you may get a lot of those women saying, "Oh I never want children." . . . today. Ten years from then they will be trouncing around the house in slippers picking up toys and fiquring out how to juggle a millions things barely remembering that they used to think like that and if they do they get a good laugh.

But as I said as long as you are always clear about where you are and upfront with them, you can just let them go through their stuff cause you are not going to change here and that is a given. It could just as easily happen in other areas of your life, too. For instance someone might be in a relationship with a famous rock star. This someone may be a very private person, but they really love the rock star so although they stay and even marry, it doesn't mean that the very private person doesn't give things up and also go through a process of letting go of certain things they want in their life, they always thought they would just naturally have, but just can not have because they are married to a famous rock star.

This just may be something that may be an issue (by issue I mean something they grapple with and are changeable or unsure about) with your future partners as you go through life until you hit a certain age and that is okay. Or it may never be, just as long as you realize children are generally a more complex issue for many woman.

Just call me Doc Fairweather--lol.

Whatever happens stay forthright, present, kind, and true.

By the way, my husband and I are in our forties and do not have children. I know of what I speak on all ends of what I have written, except the reality of having the child. All of my friends do have children and I have twenty six neices and nephews, and two grand nieces and nephews so I know about the child thing from all of these kids' parents--observing the parents over time and talking to them about such things pre child and after.
I guess at these days, women in "our" generation can't make up their mind, which really annoys me, since teenage pregnancy is on the rise since 2007, according to WikiPedia.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:17 PM

5,612 posts, read 9,467,861 times
Btw, in the State of California you don't have to wait until you are 21 to make a reproductive decision. You can legally walk into a clinic at 12 and have any reproductive issues resolved without parental knowledge or consent. Another reason to leave Cali.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles