U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:47 PM

2,800 posts, read 3,508,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I checked by doing starting point right next to orange line is Canoga Park and to Woodley and Ventura near 405 freeway. I also schedule both weekend and weekday to see how long it would take(i used metro website planner). Both times it showed me around 1 hour. Even during rush hour i can get to Final destination in about 1 1/2 hours from farther point in West Valley. My point being public transportation is not efficient and it will never be.
You're not doing something right. Google shows that as 20 minutes to woodley and 30 minutes to sepulveda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:52 PM

Quote:
For those of you in this thread that says rail ridership is not going down, might want to read this link https://la.curbed.com/2019/2/1/18204...n-trains-buses
Rail ridership is down for sure.

Old Today, 01:55 PM

90 posts, read 12,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
You're not doing something right. Google shows that as 20 minutes to woodley and 30 minutes to sepulveda.

I would not trust google
Attached Thumbnails
West Hollywood rail extension-metro.jpg  

Old Today, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I would not trust google
I would definitely trust google over a metro app! Metro is a transportation company, not a tech company.

For some reason you selected a trip that leaves the orange line and connects to a local bus with 19 stops, then to Ventura Blvd. You selected a trip that requires three buses when I already stated that the sepulveda line would connect to the orange line. You only need one bus - the orange line. Your end point to connect to the sepulveda line should be the Van Nuys orange line station or perhaps the sepulveda orange line station.

Old Today, 02:53 PM

2,854 posts, read 1,526,619 times
Quote:
Voters in LA are idiots. They don't understand that spending 120 billion on massive rail is idiotic as it will be under utilized. However considering that much of this new funding will come from property tax etc they are welcome to do that as i am renter and have no plans to buy a house to support this idiot ideas of public transportation expansion.

LOL..calling LA voters idiots while not knowing the system is funded by sales tax, not property tax.

https://www.metro.net/about/financebudget/taxes/

Old Today, 03:17 PM

21,501 posts, read 22,882,497 times
Quote:
For those of you in this thread that says rail ridership is not going down, might want to read this link https://la.curbed.com/2019/2/1/18204...n-trains-buses
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Because rail ridership has been for the most part going up and only dipping in parts in the last few years on a a few of the older lines?
Yea, so that's what was said already, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or