U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 10:25 AM

2,169 posts, read 1,460,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Been to Dodger stadium 3 times, never again. Seems like the team attracts alot of low lifes that don't make their way into ANgel stadium, which was a much more pelasant experience.

On another note....a dad of 4 needs to just say "you got it" and walk away.
When I lived in CA I really enjoyed the Big A. Never had a desire to visit "Thug Stadium."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 11:04 AM

4,671 posts, read 3,052,911 times
I used to go to Angels Stadium when the Red Sox were in town. First couple of years I lived here it was great. The last couple of times I went (which was 8-10 years ago) myself and everyone around me that had Red Sox gear on was getting pelted with trash and beer and had a few gang members in the stands trying to start fights. Maybe the thugs just come out to Angel stadium when good teams come to town but I noticed a drop off of the quality of fans in the stands over about 5 years of attending games there. It's been a while so maybe it's gotten better but it seemed like that Dodger mentality was making it's way south.

Old 04-01-2019, 12:32 PM

835 posts, read 734,059 times
This is par for the course for Dodger Stadium.

I still enjoy going to games and it's generally fine, but the stadium definitely attract folks who are less interested in the game and more into the "social" aspect of drinking and perhaps trading fists if the opportunity presents itself. Somewhat akin to what you see with soccer hooliganism in England (and other parts of Europe).

It's not to say that other ballparks have fans with flawless behavior, but Dodger Stadium continues to have violent incidents. It doesn't help that Dodger Stadium has some of the cheapest tickets in baseball. With the multi-billion dollar deal with Time Warner, they want to keep ticket prices low to attract people to games and get them to spend money on ridiculously overpriced beer, but unfortunately you get low lifes that want to come and stir trouble. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out you have gang members (or ex-gang members) attending games. At least it's not like when McCourt ran the team and in order to drive attendance, they had two-for-one beer specials to, which is total fuel for violence.

There's a reason why you don't hear about these types of physical altercations at Cubs and Red Sox games for instance. Even in LA, you don't hear about any of this nonsense at a Lakers game. Tickets are so expensive that low lifes are priced out.

Old 04-01-2019, 12:43 PM

3,901 posts, read 6,126,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
It's mainly that gang banger, thug mentality that these low class people bought into.

They dont know how to have a nice family outing. They consider that "lame" and to be honest, I dont think they could because they are uncivilized.
Pathetically sad! Back in the 80s and 90s going to Dodger stadium was like going to Disneyland.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:06 PM
QIS

920 posts, read 3,972,378 times
That’s true it used to be fun. Angels Stadium too. I used to get free box seats when I wanted to go to Dodger Stadium which I would refuse now for sure. I am really sad for the employees that have to work there and deal with the attendees , I wonder if ticket and vendor sales are dropping?

Old 04-01-2019, 02:13 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,515,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal88 View Post
This is par for the course for Dodger Stadium.

. It doesn't help that Dodger Stadium has some of the cheapest tickets in baseball. With the multi-billion dollar deal with Time Warner, they want to keep ticket prices low to attract people to games and get them to spend money on ridiculously overpriced beer, but unfortunately you get low lifes that want to come and stir trouble..

There's a reason why you don't hear about these types of physical altercations at Cubs and Red Sox games for instance. Even in LA, you don't hear about any of this nonsense at a Lakers game. Tickets are so expensive that low lifes are priced out.
You beat me too it. Anything cheap or inexpensive.....sporting event, restaurant, neighborhood, car....usually comes with unwanted consequences, but not necessarily unexpected ones.

Old 04-01-2019, 03:45 PM

3,901 posts, read 6,126,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
You beat me too it. Anything cheap or inexpensive.....sporting event, restaurant, neighborhood, car....usually comes with unwanted consequences, but not necessarily unexpected ones.
Sad but true.

Old 04-01-2019, 06:05 PM

3,084 posts, read 3,802,890 times
We have nobody to blame but ourselves if we're over the age of about 35. We're the ones who created and raised this generation of useless subhumans.

Old 04-01-2019, 06:31 PM

4,671 posts, read 3,052,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
We have nobody to blame but ourselves if we're over the age of about 35. We're the ones who created and raised this generation of useless subhumans.
What if we are over the age of 35 but didn't create anyone until we were over 35?

Old 04-01-2019, 09:30 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,287,639 times
The last Dodger game I attended was in 2002, when the Red Sox were in town. I was still on active duty, so no problem carrying a sidearm into the stadium. Thought I was going to have to use it, considering the actions of a large group of unruly patrons adjacent to my seat. Since I get Dodger games on TV, it makes no sense even thinking about going downtown to see a game.

My last trip to Angel Stadium was in 2009, again to see the Red Sox. I couldn't believe the Anaheim police presence, both inside and outside of the stadium. I had no problem carrying off-duty inside the ballpark, although, as far as I could see, everyone was behaving and civil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or