Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 12:30 AM

399 posts, read 406,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro1000 View Post
Blood Money???? He sold f*cking mixtapes for years!!! And I hope you're not a fan of The Godfather, Scareface, or Goodfellas.
The lifestyle he promoted is the very lifestyle that is holding the inner city youth back.

-Easy money: Why work hard when you can just sell drugs and rob people?

-Cheap sex: Why control your urges and focus on bettering your situation when you can lay your seed all over town and burden yourself with multiple children out of wedlock?

-Materialism: Why delay gratification and work toward financial security and freedom when you can have Gucci and Bentley and $500 sneakers?

The guy was literally filling young minds with poison and keeping his people in bondage.

But hey, he threw a few dollars to some folks to buy a few laptops and pretend to teach kids iPhone app coding, so he's a saint now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 02:17 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazChasey View Post
The lifestyle he promoted is the very lifestyle that is holding the inner city youth back.

-Cheap sex: Why control your urges and focus on bettering your situation when you can lay your seed all over town and burden yourself with multiple children out of wedlock?

-Materialism: Why delay gratification and work toward financial security and freedom when you can have Gucci and Bentley and $500 sneakers?

The guy was literally filling young minds with poison and keeping his people in bondage.

But hey, he threw a few dollars to some folks to buy a few laptops and pretend to teach kids iPhone app coding, so he's a saint now.

yawn....everything you talk about is the american way of life. promoted on commercials, social media, and every other media outlet. The European has a history of rape, killing, pillaging, and robbing that extends hundreds of years back. Don't put this on one black rapper who decided to do some good in his community.

Bunch of horsesh*t and you know it.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:34 AM

307 posts, read 241,778 times
Quote:

The youth have yet to write their story as of yet. Me personally, I live in Inglewood which is not too far from the area Nipsey is from. The majority of people here work long hours, pay their rent/mortgage, pay bills, and hope the best for their family members pretty much just like the majority of LA. And trust me I get what you're trying to say but your spewing out nothing but generalizations and stereotypes. Yes there's some bad apples in the hood but the main thing people are taking from Nipsey's post gang life is ownership, starting a business, and accountability.

Personally I can't stand Crips, Bloods, Mexican gangs(13's/14's), Aryan Nation, racists, Frats, Sororities, Privileged Society clicks, etc. and trust me nobody in the hood is so fixated and mentally being held back by a Nipsey verse in a rap song. He didn't invent "easy money, cheap sex, nor materialism". If you're into Christianity more than half the characters in the bible fell under these traps and vices. A lot of your favorite politicians are into this train of thought as well. So tell me are whites, asians, jews, etc who succumb to easy money, cheap sex, and materialism under the influence of Nispsey or any other rapper? I don't think so. And I get it- You can't stand the guy and his gang-banging past- I get that part but don't spew out bullsh*t on top of that.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:51 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times
Quote:
The youth have yet to write their story as of yet. Me personally, I live in Inglewood which is not too far from the area Nipsey is from. The majority of people here work long hours, pay their rent/mortgage, pay bills, and hope the best for their family members pretty much just like the majority of LA. And trust me I get what you're trying to say but your spewing out nothing but generalizations and stereotypes. Yes there's some bad apples in the hood but the main thing people are taking from Nipsey's post gang life is ownership, starting a business, and accountability.

Personally I can't stand Crips, Bloods, Mexican gangs(13's/14's), Aryan Nation, racists, Frats, Sororities, Privileged Society clicks, etc. and trust me nobody in the hood is so fixated and mentally being held back by a Nipsey verse in a rap song. He didn't invent "easy money, cheap sex, nor materialism". If you're into Christianity more than half the characters in the bible fell under these traps and vices. A lot of your favorite politicians are into this train of thought as well. So tell me are whites, asians, jews, etc who succumb to easy money, cheap sex, and materialism under the influence of Nispsey or any other rapper? I don't think so. And I get it- You can't stand the guy and his gang-banging past- I get that part but don't spew out bullsh*t on top of that.
Check Mate

Old 04-12-2019, 03:42 AM

4,629 posts, read 3,391,398 times
Quote:

Check mate indeed. How dare you use logic, reason and nuance. Spaz Chasey (and certain thugs of the Alt Right) are too busy with emotional masturbation and shibboleths to engage with you like that.

Last year in an interview with the LA Times Nipsey was quoted as follows:

"In our culture, there's a narrative that says, 'Follow the athletes, follow the entertainers.' And that's cool but there should be something that says, 'Follow Elon Musk, follow (Mark) Zuckerberg.' I think that with me being influential as an artist and young and coming from the inner city, it makes sense for me to be one of the people that's waving that flag."

That is a entrepreneurial message conservatives should welcome and former Congressman (R) Jack Kemp (if he were still alive) would certainly be applauding that.

Last edited by Astral_Weeks; 04-12-2019 at 04:03 AM..

Old 04-12-2019, 11:06 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
What did you all think of Farrakhan speaking at the funeral ?

Interesting an anti Semite and racist like him would be asked to speak . Also like how there was zero criticism from the media or local politicians .

Old 04-12-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Check mate indeed. How dare you use logic, reason and nuance. Spaz Chasey (and certain thugs of the Alt Right) are too busy with emotional masturbation and shibboleths to engage with you like that.

Last year in an interview with the LA Times Nipsey was quoted as follows:

"In our culture, there's a narrative that says, 'Follow the athletes, follow the entertainers.' And that's cool but there should be something that says, 'Follow Elon Musk, follow (Mark) Zuckerberg.' I think that with me being influential as an artist and young and coming from the inner city, it makes sense for me to be one of the people that's waving that flag."

That is a entrepreneurial message conservatives should welcome and former Congressman (R) Jack Kemp (if he were still alive) would certainly be applauding that.
I respect Pro1000 for making a reasonable post. Don't try to piggyback on it with your nonsense. Name-calling and playing the "alt-right" card are just signs of a weak-minded individual who's way out of their league mentally and can't make a real argument.

Way to dig through years of newspaper articles to find a quote by Nipsey that proves my point. "Follow Elon Musk, follow (Mark) Zuckerberg"? Musk and Zuckerberg are two of the biggest tools out there. Just goes to show that he didn't know WTF he was talking about and simply latched on to what's trendy. "I've heard of Musk and Zuckerberg. They're rich and famous. Be like them if you can't tapdance or hoop it up."

Old 04-12-2019, 08:22 PM

4,629 posts, read 3,391,398 times
Quote:
I respect Pro1000 for making a reasonable post. Don't try to piggyback on it with your nonsense. Name-calling and playing the "alt-right" card are just signs of a weak-minded individual who's way out of their league mentally and can't make a real argument"
Fair enough Kaz...I should NOT have gone there with the name calling.

Quote:
Way to dig through years of newspaper articles to find a quote by Nipsey that proves my point. "Follow Elon Musk, follow (Mark) Zuckerberg"? Musk and Zuckerberg are two of the biggest tools out there. Just goes to show that he didn't know WTF he was talking about and simply latched on to what's trendy. "I've heard of Musk and Zuckerberg. They're rich and famous. Be like them if you can't tapdance or hoop it up."
A newspaper story from 2018 is digging through "years" of newspaper articles? Doesn't prove your point at all. It proves just the opposite of what you were saying about the guy and it shows you have a double standard that doesn't allow you to see that side/message to his life.

I'll be the first to say there is plenty of hip hop that is just plain junk/garbage/etc. But based on his message and his actions...and the public/community's reaction to his life, there is a positive message that quite a few people in this thread simply refuse to see.

Old 04-12-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Fair enough Kaz...I should NOT have gone there with the name calling.

A newspaper story from 2018 is digging through "years" of newspaper articles? Doesn't prove your point at all. It proves just the opposite of what you were saying about the guy and it shows you have a double standard that doesn't allow you to see that side/message to his life.

I'll be the first to say there is plenty of hip hop that is just plain junk/garbage/etc. But based on his message and his actions...and the public/community's reaction to his life, there is a positive message that quite a few people in this thread simply refuse to see.
I can respect that. I've never heard his music but I'll take your word that there was a positive message behind it than just the usual poison being fed the youth.

As someone who's around these neighborhoods and has interactions with inner city black and brown folks I see the BS first hand. Multi-generational welfare families forever shackled to the government teet. Drugs destroying families and communities. Violence a way of life. Poverty pimps pretending they're helping when really they're these people's worst enemy. Race baiters sowing fear and distrust to keep themselves in power.

Needless to say, I have very little hope that anything will change for the better. As long as inner city folks keep trading their dignity and future for government cheese and new Jordans, nothing is ever going to change.

Old 04-13-2019, 04:14 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,330 times
Quote:
I can respect that. I've never heard his music but I'll take your word that there was a positive message behind it than just the usual poison being fed the youth.

Needless to say, I have very little hope that anything will change for the better. As long as inner city folks keep trading their dignity and future for government cheese and new Jordans, nothing is ever going to change.
Ehhh. Nobody is trading their dignity and future for anything. Black americans live in a system of injustice that has been in place for hundreds of years. A system that is based on mistreatment and targeted allocation of wealth and resources to people that are not black.

Put these "inner city folks" on level ground with the rest of our "upstanding citizens" with the same opportunities and we'll be talking about a whole new set of problems.

That is what Nipsey stood for and that was the reason why he wasn't well received by non blacks. Nobody wants a smart business minded black male with money around. And they definitely don't want anyone talking about Unity in the black community.

All the other talk is just diversion from the true issues black youth face. System of wh*te supremacy and injustice.

Rest in Power Nipsey. We need more real one's like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles