U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 05:30 PM

4,638 posts, read 2,820,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Here you go rival gang leaders from all over L.A. to initiate a cease fire, and determine how to end the violence. Al in the name of Nipsey. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz...-rally-summit/
Damn i hope it lasts. Gangs are a byproduct. Theres no justification for them, but theyre a result of an underlying issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 06:40 PM

25,178 posts, read 14,902,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Here you go rival gang leaders from all over L.A. to initiate a cease fire, and determine how to end the violence. Al in the name of Nipsey. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz...-rally-summit/
Are they taking bets in Vegas about how long the L.A gang truce is going to last this time ?

As for how long the peace lasts -- we're told there was no time limit discussed, and the hope is it will be an extended one.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:50 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,377,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Damn i hope it lasts. Gangs are a byproduct. Theres no justification for them, but theyre a result of an underlying issue.
I hope so as well. Not sure if it can happen effective immediately, but I've been witnessing first hand that he's genuinely inspiring many many young people in the community. To see some of these gangs that have been at war with each other for decades come together peacefully. Let's me know they all see the bigger picture of what should be done and takes priority. It may not look like much, but some of these guys were the same people shooting at each other at a funeral in Compton last month. I have hope that LA is about to turn over a new leaf, and Nipsey's murder won't be in vein after all he might get his wishes in death.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:23 PM

25,178 posts, read 14,902,609 times
Nipsey’s father says he got shot and killed because God wanted to take him early .
Interesting perspective I guess.

—-
Meanwhile, Hussle's father Dawit Asghedom said he believes his 33-year-old son's death symbolized that he had "completed what he needed to be doing" from God’s plan.

"It was like he was sent by God to give some love to bring us together because that’s what his lyrics were saying, always. He’s not shy to tell the truth even though it might not look good. He wasn’t scared of anything. [God] sent him to send a message,” Asghedom said. “It looks like, 'Your time is up because you have completed what I sent you to do.' We all have a plan, but God has his own plan. So he had completed what he needed to be doing and he did it early so [God] probably want to take him early too."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true

Old 04-06-2019, 04:18 PM

152 posts, read 44,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Gang member with a face and neck full of tattoos furthur perpetuating negative sterotypes about black men......and this a big loss???

And the ironic thing is...if he lived, and knew who did it, he wouldn't even tell the police because of a dumb street code that neve rmade any sense.
That "gang member" with Tats most likely contributed more to LA than you ever will.

But I get it thats the persona of bigots like you. Judge black men when they are down and continue to judge black men when they rise and do well for their community.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
It seems like he was trying to do some good in the area he grew up in , which is better than most entertainers Id say .

But sometimes I think it sends a bad message when these former gang members become famous . Kids might think being a gang banger is a stepping stone to a rap career etc .
If you were fan of Nipsey you would know that he didnt want anybody to be in a gang. He worked to bring STEM programs to poor kids in his poor neighborhoods.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Racist comment and didn't know he was talking to a black guy. Well done.

Another dead gang banger. Who'd have guessed? "Big loss". Yeah. Big!
Nipsey Hussle hasn't been an active gang member in 10 years. Hes provided more for LA than you ever will and im sure you do not have the courage to look into his success. He also had way more money than you I assume and none of it came from robbing people or stealing which I'm sure you initially assumed as well.

All I got from your post is that you're happy because a successful black man was murdered which probably brings joy to the people you were raised with in your community.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
The only thing L.A. lost in all this is deadweight
A deadweight? So please tell me exactly what you have contributed to Los Angeles. Just making sure so I can see how it compares to Nipsey Hussle who is currently being recognized for his social awareness and contributions throughout the country and world currently?

You're calling him a deadweight while he was out here buying up his community and giving jobs to people who would most likely not be hired to people with your type of tone.

The man is dead there is no need to be jealous!

Old 04-06-2019, 04:50 PM

1,927 posts, read 2,525,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveFashion View Post
That "gang member" with Tats most likely contributed more to LA than you ever will.

But I get it thats the persona of bigots like you. Judge black men when they are down and continue to judge black men when they rise and do well for their community.
Oh please, you act like he was amazon and hired like 5000 people or gave away everything he made off that neighborhood. He benefited from that neighborhood same way despised Korean shop owner's do.

And for your info, I'm black myself. OOPS! Yup, the black community is not a monolith where we all cherish dead gang members and loud mouths.

So you know how I contributed and continue to contribute.........by not joining gangs, not shooting up neighborhood blocks over colors, not having random kids I can't take care of; acting like I got sense when pulled over by cops; not putting a bunch of Mickey mouse Tattoos over my face and neck trying to scare everybody; essentially not being a Menace to society. Apparently that has served me well as I'm my 40's and still kickin, and old Nip didnt even see 35. BAM

Old 04-06-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Oh please, you act like he was amazon and hired like 5000 people or gave away everything he made off that neighborhood. He benefited from that neighborhood same way despised Korean shop owner's do.

And for your info, I'm black myself. OOPS! Yup, the black community is not a monolith where we all cherish dead gang members and loud mouths.

So you know how I contributed and continue to contribute.........by not joining gangs, not shooting up neighborhood blocks over colors, not having random kids I can't take care of; acting like I got sense when pulled over by cops; not putting a bunch of Mickey mouse Tattoos over my face and neck trying to scare everybody; essentially not being a Menace to society. Apparently that has served me well as I'm my 40's and still kickin, and old Nip didnt even see 35. BAM
Lol now you have to be Amazon to be able to contribute to society? haha nice one. While we're at it please show me the billion dollar business you own that's employing 5,000 people .

The rest of your paragraph is mute since Nipsey hasnt been an active gang member in ten years, and doesn't have any records in his life showing he "terrorized" people.

Its cool you were that black dude in high school that nobody liked so you grew up to be the uncle ruckus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or